Bilateral TKR Eva41 on the Road to Recovery in Las Vegas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beautiful touching photo! Instinct and love - dogs are amazing.


RTKR - 9th December, 2013
 
She said too big of risk of infection...didn't think of that


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Never thought of an infection from the pedicure but anything can happen I guess! Worth the chance! At least I have a bottle of antibiotics!~:yes:
My right is better than my left, too.

Geesh! My left knee is the problem child for me too!!!!

PS Thanks for stopping by @Eva41 ......and your dog is sooooo cute! I was worried about my dog being in my way but she is very care around me! Pretty awesome how they have that instinct!!!!:thumb:
 
I had my last in home physical therapy today. I'll start out patient therapy Monday. After 4 1/2 weeks, my ROM numbers were right leg-118, left leg-108.
I have 6 weeks of 3xweek therapy. I'm hoping to get rid of the stiffness that seems to be lingering. I'm early on in my therapy so I anticipate good result. Just wish I was more patient..


BTKR 1 April 2014
 
Oh, @Eva41, the stiffness is probably going to be with you for several months. It's one of the last things to go. Even now, after 2 1/2 years, if I sit for a long time, I'm a bit stiff when I first get up. However, two or three steps and the stiffness is gone. Don't forget that some stiffness is age related having nothing to do with surgery.
 
Mowed the lawn today by myself! It felt great to be outside!
Hurray for easy recoveries!



BTKR 1 April 2014
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Eva41 on the Road to Recovery in Las Vegas
    ImageUploadedByBoneSmart®1399242313.017377.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 163
Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah!! Good for you!!!!! So happy your recovery is going so easy for you!!!
 
Six weeks post op today. Things are going well. I'm doing out patient therapy twice a week. Both knees are at 120. They're happy with the ROM but we need to buildup the muscles. I'd say I'm 85%. Knees are a little stiff in the morning but I don't have the tight band feeling or "hot" knees any longer. I walk the gym pool 3 days a week. No more icing or drugs during day. I usually end up taking one .5/325 hydrocodone at night because I just can't get comfortable. For the more part, I'm having a very easy recovery and I don't take this for granted at all.


BTKR 1 April 2014
 
You are doing remarkable! Glad your recovery is going so well. You bilaterals are amazing!
 
Thank you @Jozilla for all your positive comments. I appreciate you acknowledging the good recoveries too. I post so people can see not all replacements have problems. I know I'm one of the fortunate ones and i am so grateful for people like you who offer support and encouragement to everyone.


BTKR 1 April 2014
 
@Eva41
Yes, people do need to see stories of good recoveries, too! Thank you for posting yours. :flwrysmile:
 
I'm just about 8 weeks post ops. As part of my re-hab, I have been riding my bike in the neighborhood. I usually go slow and ride on flat streets. Usually, until today. I took a different side street that had an incline and I lost momentum and fell into a chained link fence on the side of my left replaced knee. To add insult to injury, I landed in a pile of dried dog mess. Knee is fine, I'm icing it now with a bag of frozen margaritas! : )


BTKR 1 April 2014
 
Ick! Mm, margaritas taken externally isn't as good as internally! :rotfl: but good that you're icing. :)
 
@Jozilla, thanks for asking about my left knee. I woke up this morning to a swollen and very tender knee. I've been icing most of the day and taking 625 mg tylenol. I was a little surprised it swelled up as it wasn't a terrible fall but it did bend my knee more than usual. Once again I am remined, the knees are in charge!


BTKR 1 April 2014
 
Take it easy for a while; you'll be back on that bike before you know it.
 
Just want to throw a question out to everyone. I'm just about 9 weeks post op. I've had an amazingly easy recovery and I'm very grateful for that. The only area I seem to be lagging is getting up from chairs and toilets. I'm still having to use the arm rails and it's a bit painful. Is this normal? Very frustrating as everything else is great. Thanks for the input.


BTKR 1 April 2014
 
Yes very normal. I had a hard time with regular toilets for probably five months. I hadn't even thought about it until I read your question. I am a little over six months post tkr. You will get there!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom