Guest viewing is limited

Knee Infection* Entering and exiting a tub?

I admire your ability to stay focused on the tasks you need to do to help with healing. I suspect your family and friends would confirm that you are a big guy with a big heart. Keep us posted.
 
Sorry for this setback but the knee feels great is the best news! You will get past this and you truly are a trooper. My bet is you will recover from this much quicker than any of us mere mortals would!
Keep your head up. This too shall pass and all you will be left with is a good solid joint!
 
Yes.. we uncovered the convertible and took a nice long drive along the ocean yesterday. It was so comforting and a blessing since the old bmw hasn’t even been started in couple of months, she started right up and purred like a kitten. It was a beautiful day!
 
How uplifting it is to get out of the house and enjoy nature! I'm glad you were able to do it.
 
Great way to lift spirits. That's a beautiful drive.....and even better in a convertible.
 
Well things can sure change in 24 hrs. Yesterday was going along just fine, changed my packing and nothing new. Last night it was burning a little bit. Today when I changed the packing this is what it looks like now! I called the wound specialist and sent this picture he said if it gets any worse tonight to go to ER. He got me in to see him first thing in the AM. I’m SO over this!
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Entering and exiting a tub?
    B3875DC4-9DC6-41FF-9EEC-5ED53A6478CB.jpeg
    208.7 KB · Views: 412
I'm so sorry you are going through all of this. Let us know how your appointment goes.
 
Glad you have an appointment first thing in the morning, I agree if it gets worse go the ER.
Keep us posted on how you are doing.
 
Will be waiting to hear what the doctor has to say. I know this is really difficult to be going up and down all the time.
 
They took another culture and should know in a few days. But he said it looks good. Could have been a reaction to the adhesive on the new bandaids I got! He cleaned it out good and we’re using a vaseline type bandage. The best news is I don’t have to pack it anymore. If the culture comes back clear I’ll stop the antibiotics and I feel like I’ll be rounding 3rd base. I’ll go back next week for another check.
 
Whew - all sounds good @steverup ! It's about time you had a break in all this. We are all rooting for you!
 
That's certainly some good news for you. Hope the trend continues with a clean infection report. Looking forward to the results soon.

If you no longer have to pack it, that sounds like the tunnel has closed up some. Did the doctor talk about that? Many times the infectious disease doctor will measure the width and depth of a tunnel so they can track the progress.
 
Gosh Steverup you’ve been thru so much! I’m praying it all clears up fast for you
 
Jamie said:
If you no longer have to pack it, that sounds like the tunnel has closed up some. Did the doctor talk about that? Many times the infectious disease doctor will measure the width and depth of a tunnel so they can track the progress.

yeah it’s not as deep but the tunnel was the problem, seems the top became very thin and actually today it caved in. (He said it might). Now it looks like another hole but it’s just the top of the tunnel. The original hole is just a pinhole now.
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Entering and exiting a tub?
    6405D93E-30F6-44BB-AA5E-247104B53C69.jpeg
    80.3 KB · Views: 380
Last edited by a moderator:
That does look better today, Steve. Healing may not be a straight line, don't fret over these ups and downs. It just works that way sometimes. You're staying on top of things and that's what's important.
 

Staff online

  • Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015

Members online

Back
Top Bottom