Guest viewing is limited

Knee Infection* Entering and exiting a tub?

So glad you‘re doing well after that infection!

I’ll let someone else help out with your bathtub question, I have a semi walk I shower, so I have no advice!

By the way, I merged your newest thread with your original recovery thread, as we prefer that members in recovery have only one thread.

This benefits you because all your information is in one place, easy to find, and maintains a nice journal for you.

This also benefits our staff, as your information is all in one place, and we often go back through your thread for previous details, so we know what you‘ve been through which helps us advise you better.

So, please keep all your posts in this thread. If you’d like a new title, let us know what you want, and we’ll change it for you. You can always bookmark this thread so you can find it easily.

Best wishes on your continuing recovery! :flwrysmile:
 
Hey Steve, I was following your story last year and didn't realize you had an infection to deal with.

As far as the tub...is there something you can hold onto to aid in getting out?
 
I am getting a tub conversion...you can get in and out easier.
 
There area a wide variety of bath tub lifts available on the market. Here is one of the more expensive ones (about $1800) that allows you full use of the tub space and removes easily for others to use the tub. There are other less expensive ones that are basically a lift chair that fits into the tub. The least expensive one I saw was about $400.

[Bonesmart.org] Entering and exiting a tub?


If you get your doctor (could be your surgeon or your GP) to write an order for a lift due to your physical limitations with your knees, Medicare can cover the cost - or most of it, anyway. Check with your GP first as that's probably the easiest person to work with.

The walk-in tubs are a great option too, but much more expensive and I'm not sure if Medicare would cover them. You'd have to check with Medicare.

You are a definite fall risk, though, and I think you should be able to find a workable solution. Let us know how that goes!

And, thank you so much for the compliment. I'm just glad this all worked out for you.
 
I s-o-o-o want to soak in a hot tub (with operative leg & arm with PICC line out of water).
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom