Guest viewing is limited

Knee Infection* Entering and exiting a tub?

If you decide to purchase this item from Amazon, please sign up for the Smile Amazon program and make the purchase that way. Amazon donates a portion of any purchase made through Smile Amazon to the charity you designate. You would need to register for our parent company:

The Foundation for the Advancement in Research in Medicine, Inc.

You get a great product and BoneSmart receives help to continue our work to help and support people out there with arthritic joints.
 
@steverup - you seem like you’re the model patient! Always positive attitude.
Happy you’re doing so well!
 
@steverup I called the surgeon's office and they said they haven't cancelled my surgery yet, but it probably will be. Also they aren't rescheduling surgeries yet either.
 
@steverup - you seem like you’re the model patient! Always positive attitude.
Happy you’re doing so well!
Well this is how it was going two years ago too until the train went completely off the track when my kneecap dislocated. So I’m still holding my breath.
 
My quads seem extremely weak this time.. I’ve started using a tens unit and it’s really helping. Especially while doing exercises.
 
Good morning fellow recovery folks.. week 3 post-op today and I’m happy to report I’m feeling great! ROM 0-108 yesterday (if I’m reading this contraption correctly. Very little pain when I put direct pressure on that leg. Still hurts while in the process of standing up and sitting down. And have some deep bone ache at night. The more I walk on it the more I have some pain (makes since). A few time last evening I had a few sharp stabbing pains in the front right below the knee. I seem to remember that happening last time too. I live in an area of the world (us) that has the second highest death rate for this virus so I’m not going out much at all. Trying to do exercises and walking around the house. As I see the birds coming out more and the sun shining more and longer I long to get out there on my Ebike and take a long ride. I’m sure this will be over soon and pray often for all my friends on bonesmart. And for the ones that have been postponed hang in there your time will be right.
 
What a great report Steverup! I’m looking forward to bike riding someday too. Have you had you’re bike long? I’m considering one in the future
 
Oh yes. I’ve had a RAD ebike for several years now. I’ve had to trade my full-size bike for a mini which is a lot easier to get on and off. If was to do it over now I’d get a RAD MINI ‘step-through’ now.
 
Last edited:
f. If was to do it over now I’d get a RAD MINI ‘step-through’ now.
i will look those up & see about getting one once I have more information on my income. I had an approved FMLA leave but my company has furloughed everyone, so I need to see how that works before I spend any money
 
Let me know if/when you decide to go with this company.. I might be able to refer you so you can get a discount.
 
Thanks Steverup! I will probably wait a month or more - i can’t ride it yet anyways & I need to know I will have income again
 
Steverupyou are doing great! So happy for you!
I had to cancel my RTKR for 3/4 to take care of a dental issue. Rescheduled for 4/8 & that has now been canceled due to Covid 19. No idea when it will be rescheduled. I am in NY & it is pretty bad here.
I want to at least start purchasing some of the things I will need. I see you are very happy w your ice machine. Which one are you using? I've never purchased one before and not really sure what exactly makes one better than the other.
 
@Abbylayla I got mine from an online store for $154.00. I had to have prescription to purchase it. The one I got was the Breg polar system. I just checked and they are twice as much today??? It might benefit you to shop around. The reason I got this one is because it was the same one I used two years ago and it’s amazing! I sure wish I wouldn’t have gotten rid if it! If you can’t find one, maybe I could ship you mine as I shouldn't need it by then. You could just purchase your size pad. Either way, I would want it back after as I can sure use it for other ‘sore’ parts of the old body!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
That's so sweet of you Steverup! I'll search around and see what I can find.
I hope I have a solid joint sooner rather than later!
 
That's so sweet of you Steverup! I'll search around and see what I can find.
I hope I have a solid joint sooner rather than later!
Okay, I’d just hate to see anyone go without one of these for this journey.. we’ve bought 8- 12 oz plastic bottles of water to freeze and add to the cooler with water. It makes refilling it a lot easier and we can always keep four bottles frozen. My wife sure appreciates that!
 
Using bottles is a great idea! I will definitely do that. I'm patiently waiting for a new surgery date. My right knee has gotten pretty bad. My left knee isn't a whole lot better and....my hips are needing replacement too!
Walking is SO difficult and painful. I do hope I have the same success w my knee you have. Then I can move on to the next joint.
I will be having the Mako Robotic surgery. Are you familiar with this?
 
Yikes! You are going through it! I’ve read some about the Robotic surgery, it sounds ideal! I had my right knee done two years ago and everything was going great when 5 weeks out during PT my kneecap dislocated. It was a nightmare. They had to go back in and repair the tendon that tore. Had to immobilize my knee for 8 weeks (worst thing possible for a new knee) but after two years I got most all of my ROM back. The knee still is a problem and the patella doesn’t track correctly but it’s good enough. I’m not going to play soccer just want to get around on my on power without all the pain. As I’m sure YOU understand! I hope you get your date soon and all this virus **** gets behind us! Godspeed!
 
Yes, both hips & both knees is pretty debilitating. Sitting is fine but weight bearing is awful even w crutches. I'm looking forward to having that one strong joint after surgery and working from there until I have some pain free mobility again. The constant battle w pain really beats you down.

Your updates give me great hope. I'm sure the others on Bonesmart feel the same.

Is there anything they can do about that knee that still bothers you?
 
Wow. I’m so sorry! It sounds much like me (as far as the constant pain). I’ve been struggling with osteoarthritis for 30 years but the last 2 it really started changing my way of life. I’ve had a total of 17 surgeries now and am thankful that I am not confined to a wheelchair.

Two years ago it seems like everything started going south and if not for a pain management I don’t know where I’d be today. My plan was to get the right knee done then 3 months later the left. But when it failed I of course canceled it as I had to have the right good enough to even think about the left.

Since then I’ve had to have a back surgery (which was an amazing success) and 4 wrist surgeries. It got where if I sat for more than 20-30 minutes my left leg wound go numb and if I stood for more than 20-30 minutes my leg and back would hurt. I was damned if you do and damned if you don’t. I was about to give up completely when I finally (on my doctors advice) went to a pain management doctor. It didn’t help as I hate being drugged. But fortunately I tried another who really helped me using a combo of two different medications (that don’t mess up my head) really helped make it bearable. I remember that day (keep in mind I’m a 6’ 285 lb man) I sat there in her office crying like a baby (between gasping cry’s) trying to explain my whole painful life, (you probably didn’t want to hear my life story but I’m on a roll now!)

I’m praying this knee gets me to a place where I can walk my granddaughter in the park or ride my electric bike. I’ll take rehab slow and easy this time and once the left gets good then I’ll talk to the surgeon about repairing the right one for a third time. Whew.

I sit here rereading this and feel so much compassion for what you are going through! My dad used to say “I cried because I had no shoes but then saw the man with no feet” it’s always stuck in my head. I’m sure your pain is unbearable but I’m here to tell you to hang in there and be encouraged. I will be praying for you regularly. Be encouraged! We will get better!
Please pardon the grammar and spelling as I did this on my phone.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom