TKR Ellejay's recovery threads, first and second

In front of all my Bonesmart friends, I, Ann G........, (Nana moon 27) PROMISE to be good and NOT overdo it until you return. Failure to do so will result in a severe reprimand from Lyn (@Ellejay) and a forfeit will be given by her to me to carry out. I will have to carry it out. There we go. Belt and braces to make sure I'm no overdoing it x :angel:

There you go, there's enough people watching the threads that will tell you if I sin :heehee:

I hope your knees continue with their brilliant recovery and you continue to enjoy normality. Have a safe journey

Love Ann x x x
 
Loved it @Nana moon 27 - I will keep you to it :heehee: (Unless I overdo it too).
Just off to bed, early start in the morning, sleep well dear friend xxx
 
@Nana moon 27
Hello Ann, I'm sorry to read you are fed up and in pain, the sooner you can get that second knee done the better!
I've had a lovely day, it was pouring with rain this morning, so we just sat in the cottage chatting with my brother and SiL, then the sun came out and we found a cafe for lunch overlooking the sea. We went for a superb walk along the beach, it was warm and sunny with a gorgeous blue sky. I was able to walk quite a way with no problem at all. In fact my brother has to be more careful than me now as he has a brace on his foot and ankle because of nerve damage
We then found somewhere to have tea( & a cake), returned to the cottage for a rest and then went out for dinner this evening. No chance of losing weight this week then!
The weather forecast is dreadful for tomorrow, so we may be staying in and reading all day.
Wifi is intermittent, I'll be back when I can xxxx
 
Hi Lyn

Oh I was walking that walk then I could feel the sunshine and sea air. My caravan opens the end of this month.

I'm going to phone the hospital tomorrow, to see if I've been put in/pencilled in for a surgery date yet.

I'm sure all these aches and pains are to do with my hip twist and funny stance x it's affecting my whole body. It's made worse by the fact I'm back on two sticks because my TKR is still recovering from soft tissue damage from a fortnight ago when I wrenched it. The arthritic pain is coming through the meds x

I had three solid hours sleep this evening. I've told hubby not to let me do this but he said it was the fact that while I'm asleep I'm not in pain. Plus I must have needed the sleep. Can't argue that one.

Please enjoy the rest of your break. I'm genuinely so pleased for you that you can do this. Hopefully this year that will be me xxx

Love Ann xxx
 
CAKE did I hear cake, EVERYONE loves cake. Well in small portions. Goooood for you sounds like this break is the tonic you needed. Now where are the savouries, see its simple cake very little smell warm savouries mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm - led by the nose

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Slightly overdid it yesterday, we walked all around the Lost Gardens of Heligan- 200 acres and on my feet from 11.00 until 16.00. My knee started to complain but I was insistent I continue, I haven't been before and I was determined to see it all. Spring has arrived earlier down here than at home, so it is all so beautiful. By the time we got back to the car my knee would hardly bend, but icing and elevating most of the evening did the trick and this morning it's fine. It's great to know that it recovers so quickly these days. Hopefully soon it won't even swell.
 
Hi Ellejay
Lovely to hear of Heligan. I last went there about 20 yrs ago when they were just uncovering and discovering it and it seemed so exciting. What sticks in my mind was a brick built potting shed that had a platform on which the garden labourers used to sleep. No luxury there then!

Interesting to hear how quickly your knee recovered so its not the end of the world when you over do it! I did a little bit of gardening yesterday, trimming a small hedge, taking ivy down from a plum tree what a relief to begin the process of normalisation!

Do tell us more about Cornwall I had forgotten how much I loved it!
karen
 
@copsham - driving into London?!!!!??? Ugh, rather you than me. I have to drive around it on the dreaded M25, but into is a definite no no, I take the train.
Cornwall is so beautiful, but these days we only ever come down at this time of the year, it is always so busy and crowded in the summer. After yesterday's beautiful weather, today is wet and windy, so we are off to visit Godolphin House, a National Trust property. We want to explore Falmouth tomorrow, and Fridays weather forecast looks fantastic, so some coastal walking is planned. Take care and enjoy your day xxx
 
Your holiday is obviously doing you good! Glad to hear it.It's great to be out walking again and not to have to worry about the pain or the knee going, isn't it.
I went out taking photos yesterday at Bolton Abbey. Walked about 3 miles with heavy camera gear and tripod!
Today I've been dealing with a sick grandchild who had to be brought home from school and 3 more to take to swimming tonight! Busy old day here.
Hope the weather stays good for you.
 
@Nana moon 27 - Godolphin House was beautiful, it is only open to the public for the first week of each month, the other three it is let out as a holiday let - total luxury, sleeps 12, six bedrooms and the most fantastic kitchen I have ever seen, all for about £1200 next week!!!
Today we explored Falmouth, then this afternoon did some walking in the rain, along the coast, my knee is getting stronger day by day, it didn't even twinge, it's been fine this evening.......
:dancy::dancy: I'M SO HAPPY I HAD IT DONE! :dancy::dancy:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom