Guest viewing is limited

TKR Ellejay's recovery threads, first and second

Hi @Nana moon 27, thank you for your message, I'm fine, just getting back to my normal life, it is SO good.
My daughter picked me up first thing this morning and we both spent the day with my DiL and grandson. I've had a busy day, playing trains on the floor, rushing around a shopping centre,sitting in the car for two hours on the return journey (the M25!) and my knee has behaved perfectly. Yes it's stiff now, but I'm so pleased with it, it is really behaving itself these days.
More good news, according to the care home, Dad is coming along well! He is much brighter, making jokes and flirting with the carers - and I thought he only had days left! We still can't visit because of the Norovirus, but it's nice to get such reports on the phone.
@suedobie, in case I don't get another chance, have a wonderful holiday, and a safe journey there and back. I hope the flight goes well and that your knee behaves itself.
Have a good evening everyone, xxx
 
What a good day you've had, and really encouraging news about your dad too. I'm so pleased you are making such good progress with your knees. It must be very encouraging. Bring on the nice weather! Your knees are ready!
 
Hi @Ellejay,

How nice your dad has had a turnaround. Flirting with the nurses? He's certainly getting that twinkle back in his eye. My dad's definitely getting better. His stubborn streaks back and I love it. I'm hoping to see them tomorrow x then I'm at my friends in the afternoon x x x

Lyn, normality is good and I'm so genuinely pleased for you x x x woohoo!! X x x x

Love Ann x x x
 
Fantastic news!!! I love that your life is coming back round and your knee is an afterthought. I felt like my old self on my walk today - pace was a little slower than my norm but it was without limp or pain and I felt awesome!
 
Nice one playing trains hey whooot whooooot. Your dad sounds a real character im pleased for you nice when after life has hit you with all its obstacles that it goes well keep smiling lass

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Thank you @Legin, I was trying to find my thread, thought I will just check on this alert and you had found it for me - what a pal!
Yes, Thomas is well on time, we went to a restaurant with four friends last night and had a great time, good food, and before we knew it we had been sitting there for four hours! Yes, my knee had stiffened up, but nothing terrible, and the best thing...I was the driver for the evening so my long suffering husband could at least have a drink with his friends. This morning my knee is a bit stiff, but then it is every morning, it will be fine when I'm up and about. I'm back in the main bedroom permanently now and that's working well, we are both sleeping, and waking up at a respectable hour, so I'm getting a full day- normality is wonderful!
I might not be on here for the next week, we are going to Cornwall tomorrow and I know the cottage has problems with wifi, the walls are so thick! I hope everyone takes care and keeps well, xxxxx.
 
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Lyn only you know and its sooo good to be out feel the breeze have a truly wonderful time spare a thought for us hamsters, - checks cheeks.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
I'm going off this normality thing, today I washed the kitchen floor for the first time since December 5th (no it wasn't filthy, my husband has been doing it) and did my first load of ironing - yes I've been spoilt! I'm all packed and ready to go first thing in the morning, I hope when I'm next on here everyone's pain and discomfort will be lessened. Take care, xxxxx
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Ellejay

Have an amazing time. I hope your wish comes true about all of our aches and pains. I for one would be well,happy x x x Well done on getting the floor done and the ironing packed. Woohoo x x x I like it x x x

Have a restful time and a good laugh. Laughter is the best medicine x

Look forward to hearing from you soon and hope you have a wonderful time x x

Love and best wishes to you

Ann x x x
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom