TKR Ellejay's recovery threads, first and second

Oh @Ellejay
You clearly had "one of those days". I so feel for you. It's ever so frustrating. Sending you a really ((((((((big hug)))))))) x

It's a pity you don't live near @dogwheels she makes a wicked lemon drizzle cake mmmmmhmmmm x I drool over the pics. Yummy x x x

Have a great time with your friends. It'll be just fine x x x

Love Ann x x x
 
Hi Lyn - sorry about your baking but great news on the knees! I always blame the barometer whenever a bunch of baked goods don't work out - there is some tricky weather pressure related thing to good baking so it might even be true!

Great news on the functional knees though and sleeping thru the night without meds. I stayed in the master bed through recovery but we have a giant king tempurpedic, I could jump on my side and he wouldn't notice. I have a fit bit though that monitors my sleep and it shows that I'm actually less restless after surgery than I was prior too.

Enjoy your weekend guests :)
 
Hi Teresa, I hope you are having a good day.
We have a king size bed, ultra comfortable, but the problem is the knee pillow. The physio said I should use a larger one to keep my pelvis straight, but when I turn over during the night the whole of the quilt comes too and poor hubby could be left shivering, so I just don't turn over, and then wake up very stiff. Once our weekend guests have gone I might migrate to the spare room again.
 
Hi @Ellejay

I'm still sleeping alone x

Knees have started again. Totally fed up. Not staying on long tonight I need to distract myself x

@TexasTee I love the theory about weather barometric pressure and baking. I now have a new excuse if I mess up! :heehee: It's so nice that your less restless. Your well on your way back to normality. Well done! X

Love Nana moon 27 x x x
 
@Nana moon 27
Hi Ann, our friends have gone now so just clearing up, washing linen and then a nice relax in the recliner I think. We had a great time, we go back a long way, I was at college with her in the early 70s and we have always been close. They live in Cheshire, but we manage to see each other three or four times a year - in fact, she is coming to Cornwall with us next week.
Sorry to hear it will be your last physio tomorrow, I know you have enjoyed the sessions. Will you be able to do the exercises at home or was it more of a massage? I am allowed one more session on the NHS, but I may not need it, I think I have finally turned the corner.
I am just about to try my road bike out for the very first time, I've been working hard on my static, but it is a completely different position to my real bike, and I need to know if I'm even close to being able to get the pedals all the way round - watch this space!!!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like a terrific friend - worth their weight in gold, aren't they? GOOD LUCK on your first trip back on the bike, so exciting!!

If you have other visitors or just find you actually like sleeping in your own bed :heehee: you might try each having your own blanket, that is how we manage the giant pillow monster, sometimes I am sure I still bother him but sometimes he flings an arm in my face, that's just married :)
 
Hi @Ellejay

Good luck with your road bike, please be careful though. I'm sure you will be fine x I can't believe it's been about twelve months just under since we were having this conversation before about the bike! Xxx

My physio was in a gym. They're going to look at my TKR again tomorrow. It's gone down. It's just the pain getting me down x x x

Love Nana moon 27 xox
 
Well.....the (good?) news is ....I can pedal my bike...backwards! Forwards is still just that bit too painful, and I'd hate to fall off with the shock of sudden pain. My brother in law told me to raise the saddle, but then I couldn't touch the floor! He couldn't understand why I would need to touch the floor, after all the idea is to move, not to stop apparently, but I need to know I can touch the floor, so I will keep practicing.
 
Very wise, Lyn! Don't use the road bike until you feel confident and safe on it.

I'm hoping to use my daughter's bike when we visit her in May. I haven't ridden a bike for about 20 years, so I'll have to practice in the front yard before I hit the road.
 
Good move lass. Only thing stopping me is the LOOK. Hundreds of miles of cycle ways around here too.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
I think we all get that LOOK, I know it well.
I've stayed in the main bedroom and I'm getting used to it again, so another step on the way. I do wake up with a stiff knee, as I'm aware that I shouldn't move around as much when I'm asleep, but it's nice to be back.
I'm off to a craft session this morning, I'm taking knitting and crochet. Then my husband will meet me as we are going to see 2nd Best Exotic Marigold Hotel in the same place this afternoon. You never know, I might get lunch out with him as well if I smile sweetly :heehee:. Have a good day everyone, xxxx
 
Hi @Ellejay, hope you are resting comfortably now. And hope the knee is healing well and not causing you much or any pain. I am so sorry to read what was going on with your Dad. I am glad he is getting the good care he deserves. My prayers and thoughts are with him and you. Take care Lyn and have a blessed week. Christine
 
-looks for doggybag. Sheeesh

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@Ellejay It's lovely to read your posts and see you getting about and enjoying your new life. What was the film like? We only saw the first one the other day but really enjoyed it. So it's on our list with Shaun the Sheep but we have to take the grandchildren to that one or we'll just look really sad!
 
The film was great, really entertaining, and just made both of us yearn to go back to India. We've been twice, and I'm trying to get my husband to agree on a long haul destination for early 2016, we weren't thinking of India, but after seeing that film...?
Another BIG step back to normality this morning, I was up early and in the swimming pool doing my hydro exercises at 7.30 am I usually do them at lunch time on a Tuesday, but I have this bank meeting about Dads finances today. I didn't want to miss doing the exercises, they really help, so as I was awake early off I went. I also had time for the spa. It's the first time in ages I've been in the steam room, my knee bent really well in the moist heat.
Have a good day everyone xxx
 
Yeah, good for you! Thanks for the review of the movie - I was thinking of going...now, I will stop thinking and do it :)
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom