TKR Ellejay's recovery threads, first and second

I don't know @Ellejay - getting all of that done without doing yourself damage? Sounds like wonderwoman to me! Crossing my fingers for a successful injection tomorrow!
 
Well done @Ellejay I knew wonder woman was alive and well! Enjoy yr lovely bath and chill while you can. Good luck with the injection tomorrow. I'll make a point tomorrow evening of going wifi poaching! I'll check on you then x x x
 
Hi @Ellejay I have removed the post from earlier. I have apologised to you on my thread and give. You an explanation.

Please have a fantastic holiday love from Ann x x x x x
 
I missed an awful lot today! NanaMoon I hope you are up resting your knee now. My hubby won't be too happy if he finds out you have been mowing and gardening and I can only still point. I did a great job Sunday telling him where all the flowers should be planted. But I still do not have the energy to actually do the planting!

@Ellejay I hope you can keep us updated though I know it's not easy when traveling. Have a lovely time!

Everyone else have a great evening!
 
Procedure went very well this morning, cortisone injection into left near and aspiration of cyst at the back of the knee plus more cortisone into the empty sac. The doctor said to rest it totally for a minimum of two days.....
The whole family then took my Dad out for lunch for his 91st birthday, so I could rest at the restaurant, but whilst there gorgeous grandsons childminder called to say she was unwell & couldn't have GG tomorrow....oh dear, son and D i L both absolutely have to be in work tomorrow, auntie has her big presentation to give for new job, friends are texted & phoned, nobody is available......Grandma?????....
My husband is really cross, but what can I do? GG will stay here tonight, we will just have to watch Peppa Pig all day tomorrow (thank goodness for you tube - someone has posted FOUR hours of Peppa Pig!!!) so I can sit and rest and they will have to pick him up tomorrow evening. I had left a few 'sitting down' jobs for tomorrow, I'm not sure I will get those done now....where is Wonder Woman when you need her?
 
@Ellejay - glad the procedures went well - and really hope that they will give you the pain relief you need with some added mobility thrown in for good measure.
Did your Dad enjoy his special day? I do hope so. It's all about making memories isn't it? How lovely to have his family all round him for a celebration. We have hardly any family and I am always a little bit envious when folk have lovely family gatherings like that - it must be so nice.
Oh dear - I am not surprised your OH was upset and annoyed about your childminding duties tomorrow. Mine would have just said a big fat 'No' - no matter what I said or wanted, and the matter would have been closed. Well bravo for Peppa Pig and thank goodness Nanna has all the wiles and tricks that school teachers possess! I'm sure that he is a very good and well behaved little boy, but make sure you have the bribes handy! My daughter could be reasoned with and bribed at a very early age. She took her first walk across the room for a bribe of shiny red wellies!
Just make sure that you do not undo all the good that has hopefully been done today. Take it easy and look forward to that lovely trip to France ............
Take care and rest this evening, wont you?

ChrisXX
 
Glad to hear the procedure went well! Best get your rest tonight so you can have your creativity flowing as to how to mind a toddler without moving. Have your husband hide little treats around and have a scavenger hunt between videos?
 
Hey @Ellejay, just trying to catch up & I can't quite remember when you go away but wanted to wish you a great holiday. Make sure you take some photos of you on the bike ;) love xxx


Bernie UK
RTKR 22nd January 2014
LTKR 2nd April 2014
 
Hi everyone, it's still me, but I've changed my avatar as I decided I didn't really like the idea of gorgeous grandsons picture flying across the web whilst I'm abroad and I might be using different computers. I've probably totally over estimated any risk, but I thought I'd changed just in cases. The new one is of me in my favourite relaxing position - legs up the wall, ice cuff in place. Have a good evening everyone xx
 
I've managed to rest all evening @dogwheels, since we arrived home after lunch in fact. Dad had a wonderful time, he was so pleased my son and family could be with us.
I hope you will be ok with another solitary weekend, actually I'm quite jealous, since I've returned to the main bedroom I haven't slept as well as I did when I was sleeping in the spare room double bed. I'm quite looking forward to the caravan trip as the bed is massive, the whole width of the caravan. Once we get down to the Med and the temperature increases we sleep with all the windows open, they all have insect screens. I love the glow of fresh air over my face.
That's a good idea @TexasTee, I might give it a go.
I leave on Sunday @cafecortado, I will log on when I get the chance, but from experience wifi on campsites in France can be horrendously expensive, some supermarkets offer it for free in their cafe areas, and some tourist information offices offer it free. My daughter said she preferred it when we went to India, she could 'chat' every day to us there, internet access was always available either very cheaply or free.
 
What's Peppa Pig up to??
Hi @Ellejay - expect you are busy on Nanny duties, but hope that the newly dodgy knee is responding to the procedures yesterday and that you are resting it lots, as per doctors orders. Just thought I would drop by and let you know that I am thinking of you and hope you are not in any pain.

Not long now and those French roads will be in front of you ....... baguettes, brie, saucisson sec, wine ......... I'm making myself hungry just thinking about it.

Take care, hope you haven't succumbed to the cold that is doing the rounds, and that today has gone OK; grandson has been good and grandpa not grumpy.

XXX
 
Glad to hear you've been able to rest up some even while babysitting - very good sign that both knees let you sleep! Enjoy the heck out of your trip to France - color me quite envious!!
 
Bonnes Vacances @Ellejay!

Hope you have a really lovely time, enjoy the rest, and the sun and the wine .........
Don't overdo and be careful on your bike.
Look after those knees and we will look forward to you getting a spot of Wifi in France, so you can catch up with us here.

Safe travels XXXXX
 
Have a brilliant time in France Ellejay you certainly deserve it. Sending you hugs and well wishes. I'm here in Anglesey for the weekend. Having a good time in the sunshine.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Bonsoir mon amis, this will definitely be my last post for a while, we're leaving early in the morning and I know I will be in trouble if I start using my i pad. I'm in trouble anyway - I keep sneaking 'just one more thing' into the caravan, and hubby is very particular about where things are to be packed so that the weight balance is exactly right. My point is at least I've managed to pack, quite an achievement given the week I've had I think. So I'm off for a bath, a pamper session and at last get my toe nails varnished, they can't be seen in France as they are.
We will take it very easy, taking four days to drive all the way down to the Mediterranean coast. We'll spend about a fortnight on the eastern side, near to the Italian border,then drive across to the western side, to the Spanish border, and spending another couple of weeks there. Then we will drive north a little, to the Tarn Valley before eventually driving slowly back up north again just as the school holidays start and everywhere gets busy, expensive and hot.
Knee news - TKR knee is fine, gaining strength all the time,still a bit stiff in the morning, but stretching and heel slides soon cure that. After it's aspiration and cortisone injection my left knee is now feeling much better. It's still an arthritic knee, and even the doctor who gave me the guided injection looked at it on his screen and didn't think it had much more life in it, but that awful pain has gone. I haven't taken any pain meds for five days now, that must be better for the rest of my body. I just hope that the effects will last for the eight week trip, and ideally, until the arthroscopy in August.
I will catch up when I can, I will really miss you all, our chats have come to mean so much to me. All of you take care of those knees, I hope that everyone manages to really improve over the summer,especially @Nana moon 27 and @DogLoverx3, you have both put up with so much and deserve some pain free time now.
@dogwheels, hopefully you will improve in leaps and bounds (not literally, remember - slowly and gently :heehee: !) now that things seem to be going well for you.
@TexasTee, @robynhood, @cafecortado, @Jozilla, thank you so much for all your good wishes, I hope that you all have a wonderful summer, Au Revoir, xxxxxxx Ellejay
 
Just wanted to update my thread before I lost it completely, it took some finding, it's a long time since I last posted.
I think that a trip to the south of France should be part of everybody's TKR recovery, well certainly those of us from chilly, wet UK. The warm sunshine, being able to dress in loose, comfortable clothes, swimming and cycling every day is just exactly what my knee has been asking for, it has improved so much in the time I've been out here, I can sleep all night with no pain, I haven't used any meds for a fortnight now, yesterday I walked for five miles and have felt no ill effects at all, just a little stiffness, but that's nothing. When I have the other knee done I will make sure that I can repeat this trip at 4 months.
 
Well, I hear that they are going to fund people to join Weight Watchers, so you never know....:snork:.
 
Oh my goodness @Ellejay ! 5 miles? And no pain meds for 2 weeks? That's what a fortnight is, right? I'm SOOO happy for you! What a wonderful time you must be having. Hmmmm, I wonder what the US equivalent would be. I was always so jealous of Europeans as there are so many countries to go to in such a short distance. When I was in college I did 2 tours via train with a group that was like 42 countries in 10 days. Okay, maybe a slight exaggeration, but I've been to a LOT of countries overseas. I've gone back many times since in my 20s & 30s and have been fortunate enough to visit some amazing places. I've probably done more international travel than I have domestic..... kinda backwards, huh?
 
You sound wonderful! I am so happy you are enjoying your time in France. The warm weather certainly makes me feel better especially this year after our horrible winter. Au revoire mon amie.
 

Staff online

  • EalingGran
    Staff member since January 23, 2024
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom