TKR Ellejay's recovery threads, first and second

Hi @Ellejay Guessing your day is winding down - great news that your PT thinks you haven't totally blown the non-op knee, spending the early summer in France sounds amazing...but not if you are in constant pain!

Kind of a bummer that shes ending your PT before you can ride your bike - I know that is a big goal for you. Well, nevermind, I'm sure you will get there soon.

@dogwheels - I'm snickering in my office imagining you snickering about your alien pee at a swanky salon!
 
Well, I did have a successful day, eventually! You're so right though @dogwheels; I found a pair I liked and, even though sitting, couldn't get my foot high enough to lace the shoes! They were Clarks own and I will be really pleased with them. They didn't have my size in the colour I wanted (denim blue), so they'll be delivered next week. I did think I could go to Canterbury and get them tomorrow, but they may not have the right size and colour anyway! I agree with you re the berocca! I have the Boots own version, which has the same side effect! Your hairdresser sounds a treat! Complimentary massage? Good heavens what luxury!

@Ellejay, I may go to Canterbury tomorrow anyway and see what Hotters have, denim blue is quite light and may be a bit limiting. Whereabouts in France?

Toodleoo!
 
Here's my new shoe!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
[Bonesmart.org] Ellejay's recovery threads, first and second
 
Oh I do like that, I bet it's really comfortable.
We're not sure exactly where we will go in France, we don't book anything. We hope to return to an area we liked very much last year on the Mediterranean coast not too far from St Tropez, but far enough to be restful and quiet. We will take a week to travel down go the south and then travel around once there...providing I can move around.
 
Hello @Ellejay sorry to read about you being in pain. I do hope you can get it sorted. I hope your hairs turned out ok? I think I'm going to have mine cut shorter to the length it looks on my avatar, that length is part of the shaped feathering round my face and jawline. It's actually shoulder blade length. It's getting difficult to manage and tangles a lot lately.

@Judlepip love the shoes! My bargain of the week was a pair of brand spanking new, still with tags and box! Pair of Rieker lace up shoes for £4 (UK). We were at a car boot sale last week, mooching round for something to do really, and my husband suddenly swooped down and emerged with this open box with the shoes in and said these look your size! Wowee he was right size 4 and they fit beautifully. I was well impressed with him! He was very pleased with himself.

Anyway I'll post properly tomorrow xxxx hope you have a restful pain free night xxx
 
Hi @Ellejay, hope you don't mind me putting a comment on your pilates here instead of in Nana Moon's thread. I am glad you like the Pilates class and I find teachers are sensitive to those who may have some special needs. When I took a yoga class years ago I let the instructor know I had RA and she tailored some of the positions to help me and did not have me push myself beyond the point of return for the sake of trying to keep up with the class. Now I am in line dancing classes which I took last Spring and I am in now. She knows of my RA and TKR. She also know sometimes I get tired and need to sit for a minte. The class is very small, 4 of us to be exact. I really enjoy it and the hour goes by so quickly. Hoping you enjoy your classes as much as I am enjoying mine. Have a good weekend. :yahoo:
 
Hi @chestnc, it's lovely to have you pop in. I used to do a lot of Pilates, and was pleased to be able to get back to it for just anew weeks once my TKR knee would allow it. Like you, I had a very understanding teacher who was always aware of my knee. I was really enjoying my classes up until a couple of weeks ago, but now my left knee is really playing up and I thought I'd damaged it, so I've avoided all exercise for a while, just until,I get to see my OS on Monday.. Fingers crossed I can start again soon. Take care xx
 
Hi @Nana moon 27, welcome back! I hope you had a wonderful time. Those shoes certainly were a bargain, well done.
I was pleased with my hair cut yesterday, she just tidied it all up and re shaped it, defining all the layers again and feathering it. Mine is shoulder length, I have been using Moroccan oil products recently, as I found my hair dried out a lot in France last summer and never really recovered, then I don't think the operation did it any good, or staying in a centrally heated house for so long over winter. I've always been lucky and had very thick hair, but it is definitely thinning now. These products seem to be doing some good.
I haven't been over to your thread yet so I haven't heard any of your news, I'm about to pop over there now. Chat soon xxx
 
Hi @chestnc - yes look up Clarks shoes, I think it comes under casual shoe and is called Funny Dream. I saw the black or navy, but on-line I see they do a red/orange too. Quite pricey at £54 something, but SO comfy. Sizing was good too, I'm a 6.5 and they do half sizes - alleluia! I usually end up with a 7, but Clarks' 6.5 was perfect. Good luck!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
I love Clark's shoes. I bought a pair of black slip ons for after my surgery and I love love them. I have wide feet and of course very bad osteoarthritis in my big toes to the point that they do not bend. These shoes are a dream. I just got a new pair of propet slip on sneakers which i hope are just as comfortable. Happy shopping!


RTKR - 9th December, 2013
 
@chestnc. You may also like Felicia Vale under the same casual shoe range. I went mad and bought a pair of those two as I got a 20% discount! @Jozilla, yes Clarks are great. I trailed around loads of shoe shops today and ended up in Clarks getting another pair that I liked. None of the others had anything as nice or as comfy!
 
Thank you again @Judlepip as I love shoes. I will check out both sites. Thank you again. Now it is about comfort. :idea:Heels that I used to wear have to come off after a few minutes. :sigh:
 
A funny occurrence - as I walked I could hear a 'clicking' that I hadn't noticed so much before. I was worried that something had gone wrong :( Then I shifted my handbag! Miracle, the clicking stopped! The bag had been knocking against my jacket buttons! Hee hee! ;).


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Hi @Ellejay - stopping in to see how your appointment went with your OS. Also to ask if you had read this book?
Total Knee Replacement and Rehabilitation: The Knee Owner's Manual

I ordered it on recommendation a few weeks back but only got brave enough to start reading it yesterday. There was an interesting section that discussed that you might not want to have more than 3 or 4 shots into the joint...for the LIFE of the joint. :shrug: I don't know if that is correct but I thought you might want to bring it up with your OS and see what they said. I've had well more than 4 in both knees at this point so I'm hoping that piece of info might be incorrect...but I do know I have a significant number of bone spurs and my second OS asked me how many rounds of synvisc I'd had so I'm assuming he must have been making that corralation. The things we don't even know to ask!
 
Ellejay hope everything goes well with your OS today because I know you have been struggling a lot fingers crossed there will be a solution. ❤️❤️❤️


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Hi @TexasTee - I bought the same book a few weeks ago. Wish I had known about it pre-op - as I think it would have been much more helpful to me then. But it is interesting and all the exercise permutations are useful - just a shame about the none too attractive models :heehee:.
How's it going @Ellejay - hope all went well with your consultation. XXOOXX
 
Hi @dogwheels - yes, I think the book seems like it will be very useful, lots of great information. Very interested in the different kinds of replacement...do you know which one you got? and did they cement it or just leave it to grow on?
 
Back
Top Bottom