Guest viewing is limited

THR Elf1 Recovery Road

So pleased to hear you have a new date....that's a really good date :yahoo:.....so much better than the other......why?...8....is the luckiest number in the Chinese culture......and it will give you a head start......stay positive... x
Says the pretty lady who had her hip replaced on lucky number 13!
:rotfl:
 
@Mojo333 , @Misscarol I'll take the lucky number 8 and if it would have been the 13th would have taken that as well. Figure I have such crappy luck the rest of the time the 13th can't hurt. I did actually have my gallbladder surgery on Friday the 13th! :rotfl:

Really appreciate everyone's support, kept me from going off deep end yesterday. Serious question, does anyone know of a way to get bruising to heal quicker? I bruise really easy and bad. Yesterday they started a large IV line, believe she said it was a Cath to be used if they had to give me a transfusion. Well she started it on the outside of my arm and not sure exactly what happened but she decided to take it out and try on the inside of my arm. That one worked though I was bleeding all over the place when they took it out to send me home. Slight bruise there that I can see along the vein, that needle was probably close to 2inches long. Not so worried about that but the top of my arm looks wicked! Thanks!
:nah:
 
Ice can help if applied within the first 48 hours to slow blood flow...after that, heat is preferred to increase circulation.:shrug:

Menthol toothpaste got rid of my hickey in 1979...:)
 
Oh, dear... I think your disappointment is justified, @Elf1 . And of course it’s reasonable to call early tomorrow rather than continue on in limbo. I hope you feel ever so much better after that call.

I have two thoughts that might help in the meantime - I hope.

First, it’s logical to infer the surgeon’s office doesn’t know what to do under these circumstances, because this problem may never have come up before. They may still be trying to determine what options are available. Sometimes people forget how important a call that simply shows concern is because they are anxious they don’t have specific solutions to offer yet.

Second, you may want to explore your options. For reasons outside your control, Plan A is no longer your plan. At some point, your surgeon’s office will propose a Plan B. It’s possible you could find value in thinking outside the box a bit and looking at a Plan C or D. You might discover some upside in this delay that you wouldn’t have discovered unless you went hunting for it.

Sending you all the good thoughts! This is a challenging complication...but this too shall pass.

Edited: I see a date! July 8th! So relieved for you! Ignore everything everything I said except the good thoughts part...
 
:flwrysmile: So pleased you have a new date and not too far off.

I use Witch Hazel for bruising ... I go black and blue quickly, being a delicate young thing! :whistle:

https://lifehacker.com/heal-bruises-faster-with-witch-hazel-1701966762

Wishing you a peaceful weekend. xx

[Bonesmart.org] Elf1 Recovery Road
 
So pleased you’ve a new date...
they had better give you VIP status this time @Elf1

Arnica gel and/or tablets are good for bruising!

You are a mischievous girl @Mojo333 ... hickey [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] we call them love bites in the UK!!

Take care Elf & enjoy your weekend everyone! xx


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Oh Elf1 I am so sorry for your delay. I just got back on the forum and went looking for your post op thread knowing you were scheduled for the day after me. Good luck,
 
Hello on this Saturday morning :wave:
Wishing you comfort as the waiting game continues :bored:
I hope you're able to enjoy the weekend and the holiday.
Hugs :friends:
@Elf1
 
I am so pleased to see that you have a new date. It will be here before you know it. I had appalling bruising after my hip replacement but it was virtually all gone after about ten days. I put witch hazel on it every night
 
Good morning Ellen! @Elf1 July 8th will be a grand day for sure. Should we weave some kind of collective hipster spell to keep your surgeon in bubble wrap until they wheel you in to the OR? VIP for sure. With your sense of humor, the nurses will be fighting over who gets to come take care of you.

Hope you are enjoying your weekend. Last day of June, one week will go by quickly. ❤️
 
:wave: Excited your date is closing in ...again...
Hope you are doing okay and you know we are all sending well wishes.
It has been seriously hot so that even I, usually heat resistant, am thoroughly drained.
Hope you rest well.
 
:hi:Well..
What's on your agenda today, my long waiting soon to be hippy?

Remember the old Heinz catsup commercial Anticipation?
That catsup was soooo slow getting there,
but oh how sweet it will be to finally get this surgery over and done with.
Will be thinking of you tomorrow.
Healing hugs in advance.:loveshwr:
 
@Elf1, Tomorrow.........:yes!: finally! Wishing you the absolute best and looking so forward to seeing you on the recovery side and really in recovery! Your OS better drive carefully tomorrow; maybe you should call an Uber for him, lol. No more gnawing hip pain for you! :yay:
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom