THR Elf1 Recovery Road

@Elf1 What a great update. And you might get to work closer to home if you want to keep working. One good thing after another happening for you.
You are progressing so well. Your weekend should be a peaceful, thankful, restful one after all that great news.
 
Oh wow wow wow! What a wonderful report!! Job, health and happiness all in one day. Fantastic news Elf. Oh and I can absolutely confirm that part time working is the best. I do miss the money a bit but you cannot buy peace of mind and that is really what most of us are looking for. Great stuff!
 
You are obviously a very valued person at work and that is a testament to the person you are.You deal with so much in relative silence and are so supportive of the people here I feel I am in the greatest of company. I am so happy for you that you may find work near you and part time. May it be stimulating and interesting and catered to your obvious talents and to have 2 great report cards on your health and progress... well glory be! May you only know the good things in life. Thanks for the well wishes.I will get there by hook or by crook--ha.
 
but it was kind of fun bumping into someone who's been there.

On ocassion, usually in Church because it's quiet and my mind can easily wander there at times :blush: I find myself wondering how many people (in this place) have a prosthetic, hip, knee, joint. Also, while out in public, I view people who are limping differently since THR...wondering if they need a joint replacement and realizing they're in pain, something that honestly never crossed my mind before PAIN caused me to limp. Kind of ashamed I never gave it much thought before. THR can be humbling. I'm thankful for the insight it's brought.
Hope you have a beautiful weekend!
@Elf1
 
Last edited:
Such good news on your doctor visits, and they are well deserved! You have been a ‘steady as she goes’ kind of gal and it’s paid off. Congrats on the good news. :loveshwr:
Then going to your work place and getting a possible solution to your job? That’s the cherry on top and again I’m sure it’s well deserved.
Love this kind of update.
Enjoy your weekend in the Texas heat. :SUNsmile:
 
@Elf1 Glad to hear you have had some good news on several fronts. It’s wonderful your boss is willing to work with you on a part-time basis and fantastic that your kidneys are functioning better! Kidneys are something I know about from my family, and the fact that you have improving function is just amazing. Congratulations!
Sounds like you you are getting out and about to do fun things, too, instead of just necessities at nine weeks.
Week nine has been a great week for you.
 
Good morning, @Elf1 I hope this is the start of a great week for you, with small but consistent improvements and the certainty that, hey, you are doing better and things are definitely looking up. It is overcast and grey here in my neighborhood but a rumor that maybe some sunshine late afternoon which would be very pleasant Cheers!
 
@Barbaraj wish I could send you some of my sunshine, we're looking at another high 90s day here. Week 10, making progress slow but sure. Took today off from the pool, went both days this weekend, will get back tomorrow. Plus did some cleaning and stuff yesterday so been hanging out today icing an area that's having some niggles. I'm walking around the house more without my cane, still not the best gait but it's getting better and seeming more natural. I do go back to it when I get tired and definitely always use in public. Youve been doing fantastic, really need to build my stamina up.

@VSlowLife was totally over the top when doc had said I had such improvement and then when I saw the after visit write up and he moved me to stage II, woohoo! Still waiting to hear back about the job, really making me think I just want to hang it up. Will give it another day and see.
 
@Elf1 I bet you were! I have family who have had transplants.
Its a good thing to give yourself some time to sleep on your employment decision, but it sounds like your mind is swaying in the direction of just staying home and focusing on recovery and life. Whatever choice you make, it will be the right choice.
 
Happy Monday, Elf1
High 90's! How long will that go on? We're warming up here for a couple days too but otherwise the temps have been rather seasonal. It's good you're not pushing, but doing recovery sensibly. I recall it feels like such an accomplishment as you realize you're getting around more without the cane. I noticed that when I was tired early on, is when my gait would get sloppy. Thankfully all that goes away with time. What a boost to realize your surgeon upgraded your status....it's awesome! A prayer :prayer: you make the best decision for you, hubs and your future in regard to the job. Have a great Monday!
@Elf1
 
Hello @Elf1 'elfie' :heehee:

Stage II in your recovery! That's great!!
This made me flash back to your surgery being pushed back a week and I believe you had made it to the hospital before you found out the surgeon wasn't going to make it there? In some ways it feels like it was just yesterday.
Then in some ways it feels like it was a looong time ago.. hah! Your post reminds me that I want to sign up for the pool and I keep forgetting to go over and register again.
I actually tend to get in the deep end and tread water for as long as I can, which can be at least 10-15 minutes.. I consider that kind of like water walking?

Good luck with the job decision. I'm going through a decision in my own job.. mulling some things over. Now where's my crystal ball???
 
@CricketHip the stage II is actually my kidney function. I had been diagnosed with Chronic Kidney Disease, Stage III a few years back from all the NSAIDS the Army fed me over the years for my arthritis. Been seeing a Nephrologist about this and he's the one that bumped me up to Stage II at my last appointment. Never thought I'd see that kind of improvement.

We're hoping that it's linked to the hip replacement and me moving more, taking less meds and losing some weight as well not much, but some!

But I'll actually be 11 weeks out on Monday! It's been a heck of a ride and am choosing to believe there was some reason I wasn't meant to have the surgery on the 26th.
 
@Elf1 Everything seems to be falling into place for you now and I am so pleased! :flwrysmile:
 
How great to read how much you have improved and the good report on kidney function.
I am not an NSAID fan even though one was prescribed for me for my past week foot injury.very common for orthopedic and it worked amazingly well.
I only took for two days vs the ten days...
Longterm use of anything seems to be a bad thing, so I am also grateful my hip surgery has alleviated my need for regular pain relievers and antiinflammatories.
Ice is my go to, still.

Hope your week is sweet @Elf1
 
Back
Top Bottom