TKR Eeek’s recovery thread.

@Josephine Thanks.

No difference between 2 500mg Tylenol and 1 1000mg dafalgan I assume?

Will try the 1000mg every 6 and see how that goes.

Yep, could be sciatica or shin splints.....will take a look.
 
Never heard of dafalgan before but a check on a drug site shows that it is acetaminophen.
 
Never heard of dafalgan before but a check on a drug site shows that it is acetaminophen.


Sorry....dafalgan is a/the name for paracetamol/acetaminophen in Switzerland. Have never seen it in anything other than 1000mg strength.
 
[Bonesmart.org] Eeek’s recovery thread.


@MMcIntosh

Here’s my gorgeous knee... with staples and rash

The rash is much improved by the way, no itching. Staples leave on Wednesday.
 
Good luck with the staple removal. The nurse removed every other one on one day and I went back to have the remaining ones out 2 days later. She then put on steristrips at my request for psychological purposes! Take some paracetamol before you go. It's a different sort of discomfort.
 
@Spex10 —

With my first knee, the staples looked heavier and were farther apart. My scar is not very attractive. My G.P. took half out at 2 weeks, the rest about 5 days later....it just didn’t look ready. This one is tighter, and i’m sure will come out ok, though the scar will be lumpy(hypertrophic), just not as lumpy. Anyway, the first one didn’t hurt.

I haven’t had a bandage on it since Thursday, and since I took the gloppy bandage off last weekend, i think it’s dryer and healed better on top. The first one had the gloppy bandage on longer and wasn’t so tightly together.
 
I always think its good to let the fresh air in (as long as its safe to do so of course).
 
Today, two weeks after surgery, my new right knee achieved 100 degrees flexion. It took my left knee 4 months for that.

So interesting that knees are so different.

Staples out tomorrow! Excitement!
 
Wow! Good luck with staple removal.
 
Wow, 100 degree bend with your staples still in! That's amazing! Doesn't it hurt to bend that much. Mine sure did. Once those staples come out you will feel a whole lot of relief!
 
I didnt find any relief from the staples being out unfortunately. The skin round my scar felt like it was on fire. All those little metal punctures right into a layer of skin full of nerve endings. I didn't want to say that to poor @Eek. I suppose she'll know all about it now! It got better over the next few days.
 
@Spex10 - i laugh because i‘ve been through this before, and it does feel better when the staples are out!
Also I can lie on my stomach in bed and read without the staples....really looking forward to that.

@sistersinhim - amazingly, no pain!

I do have some sciatica or nerve pain, though.....so i‘ve Been trying out these nerve flossing moves. Seems to help.
 
And the staples were removed. All 29 of them! A little twinge here and there, but no real pain. Now I have the dreaded steri strips on till tomorrow. Yay!
 
My steristrips remained firmly stuck for ages! Whatever adhesive they use is very effective. In the end I had to pluck up courage to peel off the last stubborn ones after several weeks.
My last scab fell off on Monday. Sorry if too much information but it had been there for 5 weeks. I was getting quite fond of it!
 
I have a couple of steri strips that got a bit wrinkled from rubbing against my pants. Others are firmly fixed. I have nowhere to go today so i’m hanging out in a big old t-shirt.

And @Spex10 - everyone needs a hobby. Watching scabs is a fine one ;-)
 
I have cut the bottoms off an old pair of stretchy trousers as I can't bear the feel of fabric rubbing over my scar. I look a picture in them!! Nobody must ever see me in them but ooooh they are so comfy! They were ideal for scab watching but alas those days are gone now!
 
Half of my steri strips made it though last night and today. The ones at the top of my knee are flapping about on one side. Some of them have been removed. Too annoying.

When I came home from the hospital two weeks ago, I was having a lot of pain down my right leg....probably sciatica. It was really painful to elevate for any length of time. My PT gave me a simple
“Nerve flossing” exercise, and that, icing, adl and just walking back and forth in our flat - plus pain meds helped a lot. The pain is very slight, I can elevate and walking feels better every day.

I realized last night that this is the first time in 8years -or more - that my legs feel stable. Not completely pain free, some quad pain, stiffness and swelling. But so much better than before!
 
Its a great feeling after 8+ years! Congratulations.
 
Back
Top Bottom