Guest viewing is limited

THR Early Birthday

Soup sounds so good. It's dreary and cold here today 46F / 8C
I want warm and sun :tantrum2: and now I want soup too :tantrum:
Enjoy, billy.
 
Sounds like a busy but productive day, lunch sounds good. Don't fret the results of the DEXA, they seem to get too wrapped up in numbers and the numbers they compare you to are like 18-20 year old stats. Did a lot of research after I was diagnosed with Osteopenia, which was a made up guideline they came up with years ago. Don't sweat the small stuff, you're doing great!
:egypdance:
 
All sounds encouraging and splendid!:wave:
Technician said it didn't really look like osteoporosis, but nothing is official until a radiologist comes down from Mount Olympus to pass judgement
I know not yet confirmed, but still sounds super hopeful to me.:ok:

As Grandpa used to say, don't cry over spilled milk until the horse comes home to roost.

Poor Grandpa...he WAS an odd Duck

As my grandpa used to say "who is the fat lady and why is it over when she sings?"

Practice with your cane, get plenty of rest, and hope your night is easy-peasy!
 
DEXA report came back. Bone density looks pretty good, both compared to 30 year olds and to old f-, uh, to mature adults my age. We'll see what He Who Replaces Joints thinks tomorrow. He's a pretty smart guy.

At any rate, having faced AVN, anemia, and osteoporosis, I'm giving some thought to all that tedious diet and lifestyle stuff. I'm having some really wild thoughts like reducing caffeine and alcohol. How's that for a wacky fad diet?

Took a lazy day today. Didn't even do the easy home exercises, and taking pain meds by the clock. I want to be perky tomorrow and get the most out of the follow up. I've got about a page of questions, mostly about returning to various activities. This visit feels like a bigger deal than it probably is.
 
That is a busy day! I remember before my 1st scan thinking it was going to be some super long, intense Sci-fi event, lol. Talk about In & Out Burger. Takes less time than a drive-thru!
 
From my very limited experience I would suggest 3-4 short stints on the cane to start. I started from the livingroom to the washroom, then added to the kitchen. House to car. That's as far as I got before PT bit me in the tush!
 
Semi decent sleep last night, thanks to norco and magnesium. Spent more time in my real bed (waking poor sweety up) than in the chair. Hurrah for normalcy!
The muscles around the hip don't like lying flat just yet, but we're getting there.

Used the walker exclusively after supper. Will probably use the cane for OS visit, depending on what the voices say.
 
I felt relieved and so reassured after followup OS appointments.
The one month mark can be prime time for cabin fever.
Stay the course...all will keep getting better and better.

Do let us know how things go!
 
Right before surgery, I noticed I'd developed a huge callous on my left thumb, no doubt from gripping the cane too tightly.

I'm assuming/hoping he'll take xrays today. I want to see the image and hear, "excellent healing! You can see that the boney bone thing and the metallic metal thing are growing into perfect harmony like ebony and ivory."

Going to stop next door at the hospital and get digital copies of immediate post op xrays and bone scan.
 
Pretty much got my wishes. X-ray looks good, normal healing. Osteoporosis is a non-issue.

Asked about upcoming hernia surgery precautions. He already had an antibiotic scrip waiting for me.

Allowed to drive and shower. Continue PT, get stronger, come back in 3 months.

Long term, I'll be able to do just about anything I could before. Apparently I get points for being "motivated". Does that mean there are patients who don't want to get better?
 
All very good news except of course the hernia. My son had that at the same time as he got his nose rebuilt. (They flew us to Hong Kong so did both at once) Nasty surgery! with a few precautions!
I think some people (most likely much older than us) are happy to be pain free and be able to walk a bit. Where we actually want to reclaim the years we've lost and feel were wasted.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom