THR Double hippy happy<

Lazy weekend, I'm doing as little as possible. Why? That darn bruise on my heel has made an appearance!! Not sore but a bit darker than the last pic I took. Could be I've pressed too hard moisturising the area, I don't know. Hardly been out so no shoes on to rub and irritate it, I much prefer going barefoot especially in the house.
I shall keep an eye on it and if I don't like the look of it, I'll be going the docs.
Heel4.jpg

Oh well, these things are sent to test us I suppose, and test us they do.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend all :)

Hi there @SarahUK
What's up with that pesky little thing?
Quite annoying I would imagine...wonder if icing would help....
Hope you get some permanent relief soon.
Hugs from across the pond :friends:

I think it just knew you needed a lazy weekend @SarahUK. Bruises are strange things. Must admit yours has been interesting to follow. Were you doing a lot of sorting and packing this week? Might have irritated it a tad. Enjoy the rest time.

I've had the laziest week I think I've ever had. I do need to do more sorting but I just don't feel up to it emotionally.
Pesky is right, just when I thought it was gone, it rears it's ugly head again.
I was lucky in the bruise department, didn't have much around the incision or knee after THR.
Next week is full of appointments, only one for me thank heavens.

My mood has lifted a lot just now. My 17 year old has just come back in from a day in Blackpool doing his M.O.I (Master of Instruction) course for Air Cadets. He is now the proud owner of a Yellow Lanyard...in other words, he gets to yell at the cadets :)

Happy weekend and healing all :)

Sarah,
You've been through A LOT recently. Some rest may be just what you need.
I'm happy to hear your mood lifted..... that's great news.
Congrats to your son! You and hubby must be very proud.
Hope you have a peaceful relaxing Sunday!
@SarahUK

We are very proud of him, he's worked so hard for this. Just what I needed to lift my mood.
A lazy day is planned. I think I'm going to get the lads to do some housework :)
I knocked my hip last night against the counter top, checked it over and no apparent damage.
Got up and checked it again today, no bruise so I'm happy. A bit stiff but that'll pass.

Going to get coffee and fully wake up :)

Happy Sunday all:)

Do you take any blood thinners ?
I don't get why that is hanging around so long...please let them check. Bruising is pooled blood right...it's there still bleeding or would it just not be reabsorbing?
Just don't know why it would keep on this way!
Please have it checked and try not to rub it...maybe small broken vessels?

I'm not taking anything at all. I'm making an appointment to see the doc next week. I shall keep you updated on what they say. I agree, it should have cleared up by now.
I bruise easily so I would have expected massive bruising after THR but no, nothing.
Just another bump on the road to recovery, one I shall overcome even if it takes time :)

The beauty of online doctor appointments, I have one for next Wednesday.
Been looking online for anything remotely similar and all I've found is either achilles tendonosis or Haglund's Deformity. Both problems are in the exact spot my annoying bruise is.
We shall see what the doc has to say about it. Thank heavens I bought a pair of crocs to wear!!

I looked yesterday too, Sarah. It's such a mystery it spiked my interest.
It did sound like an Achilles tendinitis but not completely because I never read
anything about the bruising. I'm going to look at the Haglunds deformity.
That's something I've never heard of. It's an annoyance, I'll bet.
I'm annoyed by it and it's not even me! Pesky little thing just thinking it can
come back for an encore, whenever it feels like it, lol!
Glad you have an appt and I hope you get an answer soon.
A great Sunday to you!
@SarahUK

Hehehe :)
Who would have thought that having a THR would lead to problems with my achilles/ankle etc.
Had no problems with my back or my knee at all after surgery.
Yes, it is definitely a mystery and one I'm determined to solve.
Seems like my body said, lets leave her knee alone and focus on her ankle instead!!

Have a great day @Layla

Just a couple of updated pics taken literally 10 minutes ago. Heel5.jpg Heel6.jpg
I'm taking a print out of the information I found earlier about Haglund's to the doc on Wednesday.
I did notice that if I take the tubigrip bandage off when I elevate and then put my foot back down, it feels like it's tearing, could be blood vessels rupturing again causing the bruising :/
This is testing the limits of my patience.

Happy healing all :)

Hi @SarahUK
Have you, or would you consider tagging Jo to see if she has any thoughts on this.
It is a mystery for sure the way it disappears then re-appears.

Just for some levity.....are you getting a stiff neck checking on that thing?
I imagine I would because I'd probably be checking on it every hour. Just how I roll.
I'd drive hubby nuts with "look, look is it still there!"
I wouldn't kid about it but I can't imagine it's anything serious.
Super annoying though, I'll give it that. Keep us posted.
Aside from that, I hope your day is great!

If memory serves me, I asked Jo about it earlier in the thread and she had no idea what it could be.
I only check it when I take the bandage off, once, twice a day.
I doubt it's anything serious as well but it is very annoying.

Opened the curtains to a lovely covering of snow this morning.....my hips are going to complain something rotten today. Right not so much as the left. I want sunshine, fed up with cold :(

Don't google yourself into some rare disease like I've done before.
Glad you will let them take another look.

I'm not falling into that trap, done that before.
Although I do like proving doctors wrong at times. My youngest had lower right side abdominal pain just under 2 years ago. Took him the doc as he wasn't keeping food down, being sick.. They sent him home with advice to rest and keep fluids going. Doc thought it might be a stomach bug. Took him back a day later as he was getting slightly worse. I said could it be appendicitis.. doc looked at me and asked my son to jump, he couldn't. Sent straight to hospital and was diagnosed with.....appendicitis. Successful operation, he went the doc to have a follow up and the doc looked at me and said 'good call'. That was the second operation my son had endured, the first is not pleasant and guys won't want to read about it.

Back to my heel, I've taken the bandage off to let air get to it and seems ok for the moment. Hoping the snow goes for Wednesday....

Have a good day all :)

We do have to watch internet diagnosis! So many symptoms can mean so many things or nothing. It is a good tool for getting some information.

Glad heel looks good today, although I am interested in seeing how it turns out (I love a good mystery).

In the 30’s here today, so cold but no snow. Don’t think I will venture outside for short walk today. Hoping pt comes today so we can come up with reasoned plan instead of me just charging ahead. Trying hard not to fall into my super woman imitation.

Have a good day @SarahUK. Hope weather clears for you.

The googling is a blessing and a curse.
I didn't Google when my kids were growing up but I had this
big paperback book of Childhood Ilness and Disease. I wore that book out!
Hasn't had a front or back cover since 1985, I'm guessing. I almost tossed it a couple years
ago but am saving it for my kids. They'll get a kick out of it some day when I'm no longer here.
It was helpful but also scared me at times. As mom's our intuition usually kicks
in because we know our kids so well and, Sarah...you've had practice. Four boys,
don't know how you do it!

So the saga of the mysterious bruise continues. This is an interesting one Sarah.
I have the Achilles tightness your thread title reflects and got an exercise for it from the
office of my OS. Assuming your Achilles tightness was in the same heal as the bruise...
Hope it continues to heal.

Hope the rest of your day is lovely!
@SarahUK

Yes @Layla same heel as the tightness.
They keep me busy and I wouldn't have it any other way. I almost lost one (my 2nd)in labour and my own life after my 3rd due to a nasty blood infection.
I know when my lads aren't well or when they're trying to pull a fast one to get a day off school, doesn't go down well with me.

Even though it's been really cold, both hips have somehow behaved and caused me no problems. A little stiffness from possibly overdoing the PT yesterday.

@MammaT yes, it is certainly easy to over diagnose problems only to find out that we were wrong, I use it as a general guide and use my intuition.
Lovely mental picture of you in a Superwoman costume, just be careful!!!

Everyone likes a good mystery.....and this is certainly a mystery.
I swear this bruise has caused me more bother than the hip!!

Enjoy your day all :)

I surprised myself this morning. For the first time in 8 months I crossed my legs! Op leg over non-op, I sat there in stunned disbelief. I'm walking more or less properly now without crutch, still have to concentrate like mad to avoid limping but I feel like I've turned a corner with the hip. Now if only this darn mysterious bruise would go, I'd be jumping for joy!! Well maybe not jumping but you get my drift :)
My late grandfathers mantra helps with walking - head up, shoulders back, stomach in and chest out. He also had us walking on tip-toe as a child, told us it would give us great legs.../looks at knobbly knees and wonders....but I do have good calf muscles so he may well have been right :)

Have a good day all and take it easy, yes @MammaT I'm looking at you saying that :)

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
IceWalker
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom