Double hippie January 30, hopefully by 2:00!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What worked for me was a foam mattress pad that had an uneven surface, kinda like an egg carton? I cut the pad down to make a sort of mat to put under my heels when I was in bed. Worked wonders.

Good idea! I'm on it.
 
Nap as much as you can @opie ! You are still very much in healing mode.

Let us know how your appointment goes on Monday.

2week follow up. Once again the 2 1/2 hr trip there and back was the hardest. Although no snowstorms this time. I'm so impressed that my surgeon and his practice (University of Michigan) is right on everything I've read here on BoneSmart, so that I haven't had to challenge anything. My THR 8 years ago was so different. So, no PT ordered, walking more and increase distance. Took bandage off (ouch) said my incision was pristine! Can be more relaxed on the 90 degree restriction. Can add Alleve and my tumeric ( godsend natural anti inflammatory). Can drive when I'm not on narcotics and have practiced my reaction time in a parking lot. No swimming until probably 2 months post op. Sleeping however as long as I don't cross that leg. XRay was good. They were a little tricky as I was standing, had to hold a tube with a ball at the end by my hip, turn my toe in, hold up a shield and hold my breathe! Difficult! If incision oozes, I need to call ASAP. It looks clean and dry. Very relieved.
 
I am post op 8 weeks with my second THR. I'm wondering if I can lift my 17 month old grandson?
 
Interesting @opie.
I'm inclined to say yes but be very careful. There's nothing like doing something you really want to do. Its great for confidence. 17 month old is usually a tornado of energy so I'd be very careful.
I say go for it (carefully) unless someone on the forum thinks otherwise.
Joe......
 
@opie you will notice that I have merged your two threads together as we prefer that members in recovery only have one thread.

This is for three reasons:
1. if you keep starting new threads, you miss the posts others have left you in the old threads
2. it often ends up that information is unnecessarily repeated
3. it's best if we can keep all your recovery story in one place so it's easily accessed if we need to advise you.

Please keep all your questions and updates on this thread. If you would like a new thread title just give a shout.

I agree with Joe - be very careful with lifting this early out of surgery. Your hip will complain big time!
 
@Jaycey. Thank you! I appreciate you keeping my thread together. I definitely will listen carefully to my hip and see how I do. Will not risk damaging it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom