THR Double hippie January 30, hopefully by 2:00!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll put your recovery articles here for you to refer to post op. All the best!
First are the BoneSmart mantras ....
- rest, elevate, ice and take your pain meds by the clock
- if it hurts, don't do it and don't allow anyone - especially a physiotherapist - to do it to you
- if your leg swells more or gets stiffer in the 24 hours after doing it, don't do it again
- if you won't die if it's not done, don't do it
- never stand when you can sit, never sit when you can lie down, never stay awake when you can go to sleep!
- be active as much as you need to be but not more than is necessary, meaning so much that you end up being in pain, exhausted or desperate to sit down or lay down!

Pain management and the pain chart
Healing: how long does it take?
Chart representation of THR recovery
Dislocation risk and 90 degree rule
Energy drain for THRs
Pain and swelling control: elevation is the key
Activity progression for THRs
Home physio (PT)
Post op blues is a reality - be prepared for it
Myth busting: on getting addicted to pain meds
Sleep deprivation is pretty much inevitable - but what causes it?

Good luck!! I will be sending out positive thoughts for a good surgery and uneventful recovery. :)

Best wishes for a safe surgery and recovery.

Positive thoughts for Monday and your trip to recovery and a pain free life

I'll put your recovery articles here for you to refer to post op. All the best!
First are the BoneSmart mantras ....
- rest, elevate, ice and take your pain meds by the clock
- if it hurts, don't do it and don't allow anyone - especially a physiotherapist - to do it to you
- if your leg swells more or gets stiffer in the 24 hours after doing it, don't do it again
- if you won't die if it's not done, don't do it
- never stand when you can sit, never sit when you can lie down, never stay awake when you can go to sleep!
- be active as much as you need to be but not more than is necessary, meaning so much that you end up being in pain, exhausted or desperate to sit down or lay down!

Pain management and the pain chart
Healing: how long does it take?
Chart representation of THR recovery
Dislocation risk and 90 degree rule
Energy drain for THRs
Pain and swelling control: elevation is the key
Activity progression for THRs
Home physio (PT)
Post op blues is a reality - be prepared for it
Myth busting: on getting addicted to pain meds
Sleep deprivation is pretty much inevitable - but what causes it?

Thanks Jaycee! I've read these over and over again. I'm passing the phone to my husband to read tonight. We traveled 3 hrs to a nearby hospital. Getting the game plan for a 7:30 arrival.

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart mobile app

The best to you! I had a left THR and right revision on 12/13/2016, both anterior. Being painfree is awesome.

Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum

How ya doing @opie. I'm good I'll Write more later

Surgery went well! Very nice long talk with my nurse anthesis. My first RTHR was 8 years ago and much has changed. They did a spinal injection instead of epidural, which was a big improvement for me. Pain was high as I came to in recovery. That got on top of it and listened to me very well. Once the pain got better I was up and walked to the door. Miracle walk! By morning, they had me taking Oxy with Tylenol every 3 hours. Pain much improved. Did all the OT and PT expected. They teach you all the day to day things. My exercises went well except for the heel slides. I'm quite uncomfortable with them. Staff is really good at letting me go at my own pace. I would have been released, but we got snowed in!!! Another night. I finally slept until 3:00 a.m. As I am posting this. My surgeon told my husband once he got in there that it was very bad and no wonder I was in so much pain the months prior. THIS is what I want to express! The MRIs and X-rays never told my story accurately! The first ortho said use a walker, take Alleve and ii will see you in 6 months! He said what I see doesn't even come close to what you are presenting with. I was on crying pain unable to walk. I've asked for a full report for me, my primary DR. Who has been so helpful. Some way I will get this report to that ortho. They must listen to us. I'll keep in touch. Hoping our 3-4 hour, snowy trip home goes ok! Thank you all for caring and supporting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks