Guest viewing is limited

TKR Dolly's second knee

Been diagnosed with strep throat and am taking 500 mg of amoxicillin twice daily. Am 2½ months out on left knee TKR. Could this be a problem for my new knee?
 
I sure hope that you'll be fine with the strep being treated. We are all going to get infections such as strep but I would think that treating it quickly with antibiotics would the key. Having said that, the thought of an infection in my knee is my biggest fear.
 
I think it a different type of bacteria that attacks the knee but I'll tag @Josephine so she can tell you better that I can.
 
Strep isn't usually the culprit in PPI (peri-prosthetic infection).
 
Here I am again, 9 months out. Had a TKR last Dec, been generally doing well, can ride bike for an hour, walk around fine, etc. Have been in Michigan for a few weeks where there are stairs and hills, which I'm not used to. Now I am stiffer and have more pain, and not the bend I had. What do you all think?
 
What do you all think?
Any increase in activity after joint replace will cause these symptoms. You have not asked your knee to tackle stairs and hills and it is bound to react. Ice, elevate and take something for the pain if needed. This should ease with rest.
 
Thanks, I'm pretty upset because it's gone so well. There are 2 lakes that we use daily and they involve hills too, it does seem like the knee in general has been unhappy since we've been here. It doesn't make sense that I have an infection, or loosening, I'm so careful!
 
I don't think you have an infection or loosening. The increased pain and stiffness in your knee are simply a reaction to the increased activity.
 
Yes, even at 9 months the knee can be a bit sensitive to putting such demands on it.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom