Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral THR Doing the double!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @AndyH99
I am sorry you are suffering. Suffice it to say you will get better from this very quickly.
Ice .... Elevate ... Rest ..... You must be sick of those words by now! But the only answer in support of your meds.

Hope it all gets more settled very soon.
 
Hi @AndyH99 Sorry that you are having a bad day but things will improve very soon .
 
Somedays you just have to love the drugs! A dose of morphine and some tramodol and the pain eased away. I've even managed to have a shower today, amazing how the little things in life can bring such pleasure. Some lunch in a little while and hopefully I can sleep the afternoon away till my early evening physio. I'll soon be speeding down the ward and making myself a cuppa (definitely not chasing the nurses - honest!) :angel:
 
Awesome Andy on your double surgery. Get more Sleep sweetie and prayers for fast recovery. Hope your pain has gotten better. Love your humor @AndyH99 :rotfl:
 
The day has improved greatly, pain meds are back on regular timings, I've been shown the buttons on the bed to lift my legs up more and the physio sessions have moved onto the standing exercises and my longest walk yet. The only downer from the day has been me getting a bit grumpy with the team here as I had in the region of 4 hours this morning with someone wandering into my room every 5-10 mins, the attention is great but it's really hard to use a wee bottle with any privacy if you are jumping every time the door goes and the good old opiates have messed up your piping anyway. So all in all a really good day after a painful start, now to see if I can get my evening and nighttime under control.
 
Im glad the meds have kicked in! Day 3 after bilateral hip replacements, you've got this! Laughing about your wee bottle.. privacy isn't a word in a hospital. Best wishes for continued improvement today!
 
insomnia is a fun thing isn't it, time to experiment with whatever I can take as some sleep would be nice.

Upside is constant cups of tea from the team and some fun chats so all still good till I snore over my wife later & I have explain sitting up at the wee hours talking to nurses, it won't be the conversation it will be why are you awake for them and not for me. So glad she has a sense of humour.
 
Day 4

Least said the better, I wasn't a nice person to be around yesterday, tired, miserable, depressed, tearful, swollen and not to mention constipated (albeit bits around that were funny) The main upside was my physio progressed so I have steps done now and only stairs to go, hopefully today.

I've promised myself to try and have a better day mentally, I managed over 5 hours sleep last night, I have the ice packs on my thunder thighs already and I'm one cup of tea into the day. Once my innards free up later today, they've been warned no chocolate for a month if they don't, then I'll be approaching as human as I ever get and one step closer to going home tomorrow.

For my wife, in case you are following this, I love you with all my heart and soul and really appreciate the huge amount of time & effort you are putting into this and the enormous mental and emotional stresses this process places on you - thank you xxx

Sometimes we just don't appreciate how lucky we are with our partners, supporters, spouses etc.

Upwards and onwards to a brighter day
 
For my wife, in case you are following this, I love you with all my heart and soul and really appreciate the huge amount of time & effort you are putting into this and the enormous mental and emotional stresses this process places on you - thank you xxx

Sometimes we just don't appreciate how lucky we are with our partners, supporters, spouses etc.

Hi Andy, Glad you are on the other side but sorry that you are feeling a bit poo here and there!
I completely agree that it is very hard on the patient but also hard on the 'other half' and they deserve a giant pat on the back, so good on you for bigging your wife up.
My other half is doing 'the daily hipster' emails to me with all manner of celebrities, sport stars, unusual people, animals (!), etc, who have had hip replacements..... It is very funny, touching, etc, and he feels involved but not just in a 'bag carrying, pillow plumping' kind of way!
Keep up the good work, keep your chin up and in 11.5 days when I am on the other side, you can quote this to me and say 'keep on keeping on'. We are all here for you Andy.
Cheers

Sidneee
 
Andy your day four feelings are exactly what I experienced. Thank goodness, it did get better.
I don't think my husband had ever seen me cry like I did. Today, he feels confident in my progression.

Thinking of you!
 
Well, what can I say, innards are flowing, stairs have been conquered last hurdles should have been overcome. At the moment I get to home tomorrow as planned.

@Medfordart glad your recovery is progressing, we seem to be scarily in step on the recovery cycle so I hope you're having a good day as well

@bonesmart Thank you all for supporting me to this point, let's hope the next bit of fun does start tomorrow
 
WooHoo Andy! There is no place like home....except maybe the hospital bed...but no during the night wake ups and blood being drawn. Jealous that you have BOTH hips behind you! I still have one more to go...I won't rush into that one. Just building my stamina here is New Jersey
,
 
Wow - New Jersey, small world, I spent 6 months living on the shores of lake Hopatcong many many years ago.

Let's keep the good (relatively speaking) times rolling and the recoveries going well. Now where did I put my ruby shoes.
 
Day 6 - Discharged from hospital and on the way home shortly. The next 6 weeks are going to prove interesting.
 
Great news that you are on your way home @AndyH99.Home is the best place to be and now your recovery can start.
 
Awesome Andy! Hope you found those Rudy slippers. My PT told me last week...the hard part is over....hardest being when we first got out of bed after surgeries. He also said plateaus will be hit and sometimes progress will go backwards, but all is normal. We are going to be good. I still have to plan for that 2nd hip. I think I will wait a little while.......
Enjoy being home with the wife!
 
Yes Andy enjoy this time away from work and spending time at home with your wife and new bathroom
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom