TKR DLR recovery #2

Ahh the rollercoaster ride this is...last night a beautiful sleep, tonight cannot find a comfortable position at all. My butt is tired of the recliner but bed is worse..:bored::gaah:... I know, I know it’s normal:good-bad:
 
I’ve always hated rollercoasters.
How’s the pain management?
 
@DLR- haha! Meant to type “Hubbie” and the spell checker changed it to Hubble. Not sending the Hubble telescope out to find pain relief just yet:)


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum

If your hubbie is as good at finding things as mine is....you might just be better off sending the Hubble!!!
[Bonesmart.org] DLR recovery #2
 
@beachy it is not knee pain that is the issue, it is from my right hip butt and thigh, either nerve or muscle spasm. Driving me more nuts than I normally am, can’t seemto find relief unless I stand which is fine but a very time limited option
 
Bursitis maybe? I get that all the time and have to work the hip flexors. You can’t do that in your “condition”. Hopefully it’s temporary. Ice ?
 
I strongly suspect it is Piriformis Syndrome that has irritated the sciatic nerve. I had this happen about 6 months after my hip revision. I am icing, unfortunately with an under 2 week old knee I can’t do the stretches to help. Oh well one more part of the journey...are you excited to join us on the rollercoaster @beachy
 
I do that contorted piriformous stretch for my hips. Know exactly what you mean. Thinking about chiro or pt before surgery.
Believe it or not, I’m so ready for the rollercoaster! Thinking positive thoughts. Cmon, Diane! We can do this!
 
  • Agree
Reactions: DLR
Hubs, hub, Hubble (LOL) and I just decided to spend week prior to TKR at beach house. Good distraction and maybe better than chiro and PT.
 
@beachy good idea..that’s what I did spent my week at camp cooking with friends...took my mind off any apprehensions and convinced me how necessary it was lol
 
I hear you on the hip/butt issue. I tried changing positions periodically (as best as I could), icing and alternating with heat on the butt/hip/back. It helped a bit.
 
  • Like
Reactions: DLR
I think distraction will be more helpful. I can stretch and work out at beach.
Amazing that you could stand and cook for all those people!
 
Well officially 2 weeks post TKR. Had a visit from my PT at home. She is very conservative which is great. ROM is 90 flexion which she says is on par for 4 weeks post , haven’t quite got to 0 on extension. She is not concerned at this point says I am on track, keep stretching and icing and walking. She found a knot and spasm in my hamstring and worked at that. Tomorrow is staple removal (39 of them) and a visit with OS.
 
It was so nice to get those staples out....there was something about looking at those staples which gave me the creeps. This is irrational but I always expected one or two to pop out if I bent my leg too much.
 
  • Like
Reactions: DLR
2weeks! Wow seems like yesterday! Good luck with staple removal. You should feel better after that!
 
  • Like
Reactions: DLR
@DLR, so good to hear you progressing . You seem to have a very reasonable and well grounded plan for recovery.
Hope it feels a lot better to have those staples out.
—Kathy


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Nice knee! Hope you enjoyed your breakfast out. Little bits of normal keep us sane.
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom