TKR DLR recovery #2

Enjoy your outing with your daughters!

I have 2 daughters, but they live in Ohio and I live in Delaware. :boohoo:
 
It’s definitely encouraging. That’s what is great about the recovery forum. It shows that there is light at the end of the tunnel.
 
  • Agree
Reactions: DLR
Yay! Shopping is hard work, especially on a new knee. What a wonderful post!
 
  • Like
Reactions: DLR
Good morning, I haven’t checked in for a while but wanted to update for encouragement to those who are on the journey. I am now 15 weeks post op, no pain or stiffness in the new knee, swelling has stopped. The only discomfort is from the muscles that are still adjusting to a straightened leg. And for my fashion conscious female friends...I wore 2 inch block heels for a wedding last week. Wishing you all a wonderful Christmas and if I am not back before I will be back in Feb for the next knee, can’t wait!
 
Wow, that is awesome!
 
Diane, I just went back and re read your entire thread. I'm having some tight IT band issues. Along with ODIC recovery. Most everything you posted rang true at this 7-8 week point. It gave me the encouragement I needed. This groundhog day recovery has gotten to me lately. I'm hoping the next 2-4 weeks are a big turn around.
I need my other knee done, too. With the impending move I'll have to find another surgeon. I'll do a Scarlett O'Hara and worry about that another day.

Really, really glad you're doing so well! :loveshwr:
 
I love your description of the groundhog day knee!
 
@beachy hang in there it gets better. Thinking of you as you find another surgeon. I am thankful I have worked with the same surgeon for over 15 years. Where are you moving and when? Moving is exhausting but worth it if you get a place that simplifies life. We moved 2 years ago from a 5 level side split to a bungalow, I am so glad we did it before my knee surgery it has made life much easier.
@Jockette thanks, I have been thinking of you and praying you find the right surgeon and the courage to try again
 
We're moving full time to our beach condo in Ocean City, MD. We were moving late Feb, early March but now thinking we'll go in January. So, yeah, we're excited! It will be a simple move just personal belongings, clothes. Condo was completely renovated and new furnishings last winter so no moving of furniture. Thats going to our son. We've been living very simply in an apartment after selling the house, anticipating the beach retirement. Hubs is still working part time til end of year. Our house was multi level and moving to one floor living has been great, as you mentioned! Not to mention no yard work.

I will miss my surgeon very much. :bawl:
Still haven't ruled out coming back for knee #2.
 
@DLR , I’ve been watching for you to post, so good to see you on here! Your update is very encouraging, especially for me as I’m in a slump of wondering if this will ever get better. Thanks for continuing to share your journey.
Merry Christmas
 
It's dragging for me too. 8 weeks tomorrow and I still have to ice and elevate after being on my feet for an hour. Guess that's normal?
 
@beachy it is normal... just for perspective, I put away my ice machine and extra pillows for elevating daytime during week 14. It is a long process but hang in there you can do it!!
 
It's funny. Every week that passes gets better. I put pressure on myself....oh boy week 6 will be great. Then it's not up to my expectations LOL. Week 8 and I'll be able to leap tall buildings! Remains to be seen. I need to lower my expectations!
But, it is getting better. And the impatience is coming back:shrug:
 
I iced for 6 months. Not as frequently as earlier, though.
 
I've been mostly using the freezer packs, but felt like being tethered to my buddy today. And I've got the tens unit under the cryo cuff. Lovely!

@Jockette I can understand icing at 6 months. Nothing surprises me anymore in this recovery.
 
I finally stopped icing when it started to actually hurt within minutes. I guess without a certain amount of swelling it wasn’t needed.

I kept it up because I thought the tightness was still swelling, but maybe it was just the poor outcome that finally came to light later, at least in my case.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom