Guest viewing is limited

TKR DLR recovery #2

Good luck with your cataract surgery. You will be nearly bionic.
Thinking of you and sending all the best.
 
  • Like
Reactions: DLR
Hope the eyes go well. Funnily that next on my list too. Thought I'd take a year to do some self care :heehee:
 
  • Like
Reactions: DLR
Well my knee is happy not angry from working in the garden and putting away patio furniture...but my other muscles are complaining reminding me I am out of shape lol
:heehee:..round is a shape
 
These knees of ours can be such brats. They wanna do only what they wanna do! I bet your garden and patio look great, though, so it was worth your knee's temper tantrum!
 
I hope your cataract surgery went well.
When they gave me new bionic lenses it was like magic because I had always had extreme near sightedness. Wow! I could see and only had to have lightweight weak prescription glasses. Aren’t we lucky to have access to these wonderful things.
 
Congrats!
Hips. Knees. Eyes. You’re a brand new woman!
 
Once this knee is better and I’m driving I need to get my eyes re-checked .
 
I read an interesting article by an OS and while I don’t agree with all his thoughts I did find the ones on stretching interesting.
He said in the first 4 to 6 weeks when we do heel slides and ankle on roll to extend knee, he would rather see people do one stretch and hold it for a minute or longer than multiples held for 5 seconds. His reasoning is that all the bending of the knee that early increases swelling and inflammation. His premise is to focus on the two end points of extension and flexion by one long stretch and not aggravate the knee. He felt the in between movements happen with normal activity.
I thought it was interesting not sure what others think but gives me thoughts for the next knee.

I love this. I had questions about the exact same thing for my PT and she said, absolutely, you can do fewer (of whatever it is) and hold it longer if you want. I was thinking that a long stretch would be more effective for whatever you're trying to stretch, I was NOT thinking about more reps or bends causing more swelling or inflammation. Definitely makes sense to me, now I'm even more on board with that. Thanks for sharing.

Best wishes in your recovery!
 
Well my knee is happy not angry from working in the garden and putting away patio furniture...but my other muscles are complaining reminding me I am out of shape lol
:heehee:..round is a shape

Ha! Same thing happened to me recently. Out of the blue, and probably too early, I walked a mile earlier this week. There was some swelling and stiffness after, but no serious "knee" pain. However, pretty sure ALL of my muscles and tendons around the knees were quite agitated. And, I think I'm in decent shape... ("pear" is a shape, right?)

Hang in there!
 
Accomplishment....got into the Miata today for the first time since surgery, went for a lovely 3/4 hour fall drive with the top down...AND didn’t need a crane or my husband to lift me out at the end...:flwrysmile:
 
The Miata! And with the top down.
But, the best is you were able to get in and get out of the seat. That's like doing a squat LOL
 
Agreed I figure it counts as my wall squats for today lol.
Really just felt good I had figured I wouldn’t get into it until next year
 
I had questions about the exact same thing for my PT and she said, absolutely, you can do fewer (of whatever it is) and hold it longer if you want.
A long stretch is fine, as long as it doesn't hurt. Don't try to hold a long stretch if it hurts.
 
Well tomorrow will be 12 weeks. I am feeling great. The ice machine is put away for the next knee, I can sit on regular chairs for an hour. I can even forget about my knee at times. Walking continues to improve as I learn to engage and release the glutes and quads. I am still seeing outpatient pt once a week for accupressure massage, glute strengthening and dry needling.
Will give the knee a good test this weekend on a shopping trip to Buffalo with my daughters, while I don’t use a cane anymore I will bring it for this. If I don’t need it for the knees I might use it to trip my girls so they don’t forget about their slower mother lol:old:
3 months until the next knee!!
 
Great update, Diane!
LOL I hope they don’t forget you again!
 

Staff online

  • Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018

Members online

Back
Top Bottom