[DISLOCATION] ponymad recovery thread

@ponymad glad you are doing so well. I like your fur baby. I have a recovery mate too, about the same size. 8 pounds. Just right for my lap.
Wishing you a great day.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@ponymad glad you are doing so well. I like your fur baby. I have a recovery mate too, about the same size. 8 pounds. Just right for my lap.
Wishing you a great day.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

Thank you @Chardonnay and @Jaycey - always good to have a fur baby around - apart from when they want to jump up on to your hip!!


Sent from my iPhone
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Ahh that's such a great pic and too funny as my dog Mole is lying next to me watching the tv too!! He's being remarkably gentle for a 1yr old lab so I think he "knows" !!! [emoji3]
Glad the leg is feeling lighter - mine too!!
Sam xx


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi @ponymad,
Just catching up with all your news over the last day or two. Oh, Lily is so sweet! I love dogs and grew up with a mad poodle, but unfortunately now have an allergy to dogs, so have had a procession of equally mad Burmese cats who like to think that they are dogs! Also noticed your wood- burner. We got one in January and are absolutely loving it!
Loved my first night back at home. Made a really cosy bed in our spare room, with tons of pillows and all my best bed linen to cheer me up, just couldn't get my bad leg to work when I needed to get up for the loo. Will use your tip tonight about the dressing gown belt. My husband went out and bought a doorbell today so I can ring him for help tonight! I shouted in vain last night and just about made it by myself! Think he was as exhausted as I was after all of the stress of the last few days.
Feeling quite elated that I have reached this point without very severe pain. I am uncomfortable and stiff, with more pain on movement , but I am doing very little . So far, so good!
Glad your leg is feeling lighter. Enjoy your cuddles with Lily and take care xxx
 
Ahhh - thank you. I've been feeling so guilty about not doing anything at home... my husband has been taking over everything... missing my independence and freedom though. I'm only taking paracetamol now with aspirin at night for blood clots. One week in! Xx


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Think I spoke too soon. Lying here in bed feeling really sore and jittery. Couldn't sleep because of pain in hip and thigh and the muscle spasms, and waiting for next dose of codeine and paracetamol. Taking apixaban Eliquis for blood clots. Nurse at hospital said I could also take ibuprofen if needed but after reading apixaban leaflet, don't think I can. Ran a bit late on the meds today and seem to be paying for it now. Have been icing for last 2 hrs, but only just starting to feel a bit better as the tablets are kicking in. I was having oramorph last 2 days in hospital at night for breakthrough pain, but that obviously has stopped. Just hope I will be able to get to sleep now x
 
I find the nights are the worst. I struggle to get comfortable and don't take any meds overnight now - just paracetamol and aspirin when I go to bed. I hate sleeping on my back and have to rest my leg on a pillow - not sure if that is a good thing, but it seems to help. Take it easy today - maybe see if your doctor will prescribe some more Oramorph?


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I've been feeling so guilty about not doing anything at home.
Do not feel guilty. You are doing plenty - in healing mode! Rest and get those mantas going. A few short weeks for a lifetime without hip pain!
 
Ah Diane this first nights are horrible. And if you get behind on the pain meds it takes a while to catch up. I did the same thing and it was horrible. Got a pill box to remind me what to take when as I was getting muddled with it all!

I have found the last two nights a LOT better so don't worry there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Still hard lying on back but I also put my legs up on pillows like @ponymad and it is definitely more comfortable. I am now getting 3 hour bursts and wake up feeling pretty refreshed. Each day will get a little easier. I underestimated how sore I would be that first week but from day 7/8 so much easier. Manageable pain now more stiff/achy. You will be there soon. Sending you hugs as I know just how horrible that is. Hope today is a good day.
Sam xx


Sent from my iPhone
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Delphie I hope your pain is better controlled as I am posting this. It seems to be such a struggle to get pain back in check once behind.
Prayers for your comfort.[emoji259]


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Thank you @Cherdonnay for your kind wishes. It has been a bumpy return from hospital, but feeling much better now. Hoping that tonight will be easier. Keeping tabs on your schedule, and will watch out for your reports. Not long to go now for you. All the best x
 
Massive step back. Dislocated my hip at midday today. I had showered, dressed and dried my hair and bam... whilst sat in my chair. Devastated. Back in hospital .


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
ponymad, I'm so sorry this has happened to you and hope it wasn't too painful. I'm glad to hear you're at the hospital and getting it taken care of. In the meanwhile let me tag @Jaycey and see what she has to say.

Best wishes to you today.
 
Pony, I am so shocked and so very sorry to hear that. I was about to send a message to ask how you were doing, and then could not believe what I was reading. How on earth did it happen? Did you move awkwardly? It sounds unbelievable that it should happen as you were just sitting down. Did you have anybody with you? I am presuming that you must have been in dreadful pain. Have they operated again to fix it? I can't imagine how frantic you must have felt. Sending you love and hugs and hoping that they can make you comfortable enough to sleep tonight. You are very much in my thoughts and prayers. Keep positive, you will get through this eventually,
Diane xxx
 
Thanks to everyone for the kind thoughts. I had been coping really well, I went out to see my ponies in the morning - by car and with my husband and it was so lovely. I came home, showered, dressed and put a bit of makeup on and dried my hair. I was on my own as my husband had gone on his bike to accompany my daughter on a ride but they were only in our village so not far away. I was sat on a standard height chair, next thing I knew I felt it move out of position twice. Pain was instant and I could not move. I had my mobile so I called my husband who rushed back and called an ambulance. I got to A&E and they X-rayed, gave me a GA and put it back. It was very traumatic. I've been admitted to an orthopaedic ward and will see Physio tomorrow and will have to wear a brace. I will also be seeing my surgeon at some point . I'm now so worried about what this means! I know this is unusual so please my fellow hippies, don't be alarmed - I will keep you up to date on what happens. I really was feeling good until this. Thank you again for the support - Diane I hope you are doing ok Xxx


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Oh, my poor friend, I am so sorry for you and the awful nightmare you are going through. It was fortunate that you at least had your mobile with you. It must have been very frightening for all 3 of you. I know you must be worried sick about what happens next, but you are in the best place now for the problems to be addressed. Is it the same hospital that you had your original op in? Hopefully by the morning they will be able to tell you what the next steps are, and then you will feel calmer knowing what you have to deal with. You are being very brave - I'm not sure I would be after such a traumatic experience.
Thinking about you . Let me know how you get on tomorrow, hugs, Diane xxx
 
@ponymad.
So dreadfully sorry for what happened. Its certainly quite a setback but not the end of the world. Were you trying to do something that placed your hip in a stressed position when it happened.
Hospital is the place to be until you can get things rectified. This sort of thing is uncommon but not unique and there will be a course of action for it.
Hope things are sorted soon and you can get back on the road to recovery.
Joe.......
 
@ponymad. Take good care! Just like everyone else says, we are all pulling for you and I will pray for everything to go as planned. So sorry this happened to you.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom