THR Ding ding Round 3

I was just reading about the lovely weather the UK recently had/is having. It rained for most of January over here and I empathize with your cabin fever. There is always a trip to the store. Just getting out and picking up some groceries does something for me. Anything that gets me out helps.

Did you get hit with snow or flooding?
 
Yes, patience is hard when one just wants to get going and the crankiness. Husband was quite irritating at times but that was me more than him in retrospect. I was scared to asks him if I was more cranky pre surgery with the pain or post with the impatience. Spring is coming - probably sooner for you in Scotland than for me in upstate NY. We just got hit with a lot of snow and according to the weather reports more is coming. I just hope we do not get ice.
 
I had read some areas had 90 mph winds with storm Ciara and there was quite a bit of flooding. Did I read flood gates were opened? Also I read the jet stream was so strong a transatlantic flight took only 5 hours.
 
Getting fed up being stuck inside but the weather is so bad in Scotland just now that going out anywhere is a bit of a no no.
The weather is horrid all over the UK! Stay safe and warm for now. Plenty of time to get out and about when all this eases. Patience prescribed in large doses!
 
Hi Lilli :wave:
Look at it this way....This surgery gives us a new appreciation for many of the mundane chores we mindlessly engaged in until they became increasingly difficult, if not impossible to attempt. It sure feels better to get excited about vacuuming and ironing than procrastinating because you're dreading it.
Life is good and you're doing great! May it only get better! :)
Have a great rest of the week. :SUNsmile:
@Lilli215
 
Dear lord how sad am I?? Got so excited this morning coz I managed to do a bit of vacuuming and ironing:doh:

It might seem like a silly thing to get excited about but what you were really excited about is a start of a return to a normal life, something to celebrate not be embarrassed by! :spin:
 
Dear lord how sad am I?? Got so excited this morning coz I managed to do a bit of vacuuming and ironing:doh:

This totally cracked me up this morning. You are not alone, ok maybe on ironing, not even sure where my iron is. :heehee: We are getting tons of rain here too and it is keeping me indoors for now. Hope today is a good one and brings you some sunshine.
 
Evening everybody, feeling a bit down this week and looking for a wee bit of reassurance. Am now 9 weeks in and recovery is going well apart from the fact that I just cannot walk without an elbow crutch. If I try it feels like my whole hip is giving way and I’ve got a terrible tilt to the one side which I didn’t have before the op. I didn’t have much of a limp before the op and this is worrying me a bit. I’m in UK so don’t attend formal PT sessions, just doing a few set exercises couple of times a day and at that nothing too strenuous. I’m back driving and can now sleep on either side but just can’t do without the crutch. Have had both knees replaced over last three years and got off the crutches fairly quickly with no probs so kind of expected much the same with the hip but obviously not. I know everyone’s recovery is different but this I wasn’t expecting. Have checkup next week so hoping if I’m still the same they might come up with a solution- keeping fingers crossed :what:
 
Oh, I know how discouraging it can be when the body has a different time frame for healing than we do. I had to use my cane for over 12 weeks, especially on longer jaunts, before I could really stop limping and feeling physically vulnerable. Hopefully your follow up will reassure you and that just a little more healing and getting stronger is all that’s needed. Hang in there. We’re here for you. ❤️
 
I'm sorry you are struggling and dont like that you are feeling that your hip is not "holding you"
Make sure you address any and all issues at your appointment.
I know xrays were very reassuring for me, so I hope that is also on the agenda.
Sending reassuring hugs....
 
Am now 9 weeks in and recovery is going well apart from the fact that I just cannot walk without an elbow crutch. If I try it feels like my whole hip is giving way and I’ve got a terrible tilt to the one side which I didn’t have before the op.


I found my hip was not strong enough for a cane only, by day 10 as suggested by my OS. My PT told me to go back to the walker to get stronger and gain stability. As I got faster and my stride started to lengthen, I would only use the cane for short periods.

I can walk better with a cane, now, but I need rest periods. If I am fatigued I will use my walker, again, so I do not over do it.

Without a cane I walk slightly like a duck and my muscles get more fatigued. I have been told to always have my cane with me if I walk without using it.

I think it just takes time for the muscles to slowly build up.

Echoing:
Hang in there. We’re here for you.
 
Hello @Lilli215
Stopping by to say :hi: and wish you a Happy Two Month Anniversary.
I hope you’re having a nice weekend.
All the best to you for your appointment this week. Please let us know how it goes if you feel like sharing. :)
 
Glad to see you have a follow up appointment next week where you can address your concerns.
It sounds like you have some weak muscles that need some targeted strengthening.. which takes time. As in slow and steady and seeing gradual improvement.

I worked hard to eliminate that "hip dip" in my walk with the RTHR. If you think about it, 9 weeks really isn't all that long for a recovery.
My hope is that you see a good bit of improvement in the following 4-6 weeks. It could possibly be where you get up one morning and all of a sudden you feel more stable. Just go easy with your happy dancing when it happens.

Very interested to hear about your appointment coming up.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom