Revision TKR Difficult recover after multiple revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vacuuming and dusting are not high on my priority list (much to my mother in law’s eternal dismay) especially when I’m in pain. I can see that you might want to dust, but I did not even attempt vacuuming at 4 weeks post op, I still had trouble with it a 4 months!
 
Yes, I'm ready. Drove to the store and both some more birdseed, mealworms, and corn at TSC, then headed to Walmart to pick up some ice melt and munchies. The stores were crazy.
 
After came straight home then dusted and vacuumed they may be considered daily activities but sometimes they can cause pain.
That's a bit too much. I bought a Roomba vac right before my surgery because I knew vacuuming was out for a few months. It does a good job and I have to break out the big upright vac only about once a month. I love it! Now, to buy the auto floor scrubber. I need someone to come out with an auto carpet shampooer next!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I'm ready. Drove to the store and both some more birdseed, mealworms, and corn at TSC, then headed to Walmart to pick up some ice melt and munchies. The stores were crazy.

Well Gee Whiz you did all that and nothing for me I guess its time to sulk!!
 
Okay everyone can now fuss at me you have my permission!! Yet again ( my first name must be IDIOT!!! ) when to far just guess how I know that?? As of right now I can hardly walk. In fact instead of being able to get around inside w/o crutch now its a must have. Pain level pretty bad not an 8 but I would say its not far from it. Currently on ice and elevating and wishing this pain would just go away in fact now would be perfect timing.
 
Decided to show some skin!! Can anyone figure out good from bad?? Should be rather easy. If a clue is needed the one with a scar and swelling. The scar is 14" and its pure misery.

(Photo removed by member)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
14” :yikes: That’s a long incision!

And no more vacuuming! Consider your house clean, that’s your story and you’re sticking to it. I guess if you have pets that shed, then you would want to vacuum, but it’s really a bit early for that. It’s not worth the price in additional pain, or at least it wouldn’t be for me.
 
@Jockette

I agree as far pet my tropical fish do not shed but water needs to added or changed none of that thought is incredibly urgent. Hate to say this but I must have really over did it. Pain is bad have to use both crutches now I hope I did not do any damage as of now pain is solid 8. The reason for asking about damage I as checking on some of the fish I have and knelt smart move huh?? I cannot put any weight on it. Really hope this settles down.??
 
Taking care of your fish provides plenty of natural PT for you. It probably does cause you to pay a price in pain, but it’s something that has to be done, and we can’t stop doing everything until we are further along in the healing process. Try to pick and choose carefully what things you do and what things really can wait.

You most likely upset soft tissue that is still upset from the trauma caused by this surgery. You know the drill, rest, ice and elevate.
 
No, you didn't do any permanent damage, just angered your soft tissues by doing too much. It might take a few days for it to settle down. Don't be surprised if you feel some extra pains with this storm coming in. I had a weather knee for about 9 months. Of course, it lessened as time went on. Even now I'll have aches for about 5 minutes when the barometric pressure changes quickly. But, it is nothing like it was before my TKR.
 
@Jockette

Wish I could take something and within an hour complete relief. Between the pain and the crying I think I invented the word misery.This truly stinks I just want to feel better. Today has just been bad 9*6 vcc
 
To all may have got most you beat as far as surgeries go wish by surgery # 20 you are use to recovery. Right now I can hardly move w/o crutches I have taken more more pain meds the past couple days then under if you can call it normal recovery wise Really hate this in case could not tell
 
I don’t have previous experience with this whole thing and every knee is different but it seems to be universal that in early recovery there are hours-or day here & there that feels better- -I think it’s human nature to feel like we should take advantage of it- and I don’t know when the time comes that feeling that is a sign we should do more. However in reading all the posts of experiences of everyone that at least in the very early part- we end up paying for it—. I can only imagine how you feel since you have gone through so much before this surgery and all you want is to feel normal -so it’s gotta be so hard not doing to much in those times we feel ok. I can only speak for myself though- and in the limited experience I have- in the last 11 days - I’ve felt that way. So I’m imagining it’s 20 times worse for you.
hopefully your just watching Netflix-Icing and elevating- healing!
 
Cococay, Jockette, sistersinhim

Yesterday was bad between the pain, and not being able to put weight on it made for one very crummy day. Now today, still hurts and I can put a little more weight on the knee so it's better, not a huge difference but a difference. Really want to thank everyone for the kind words trust me it helps!!
@Cococay
Thank you. I know and understand why you're worried, having never gone thru this. It a hard concept to think the swelling is normal with much pain, it really is a lot to take in. For me, I have fairly normal pain days low 7 and then the past few days 8. I did call the OC it was not that I was hoping for a quick cure but just wanted to make sure no damage was done.
@sistersinhim
How much snow so far?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
2" and now mix. It has turned to slush and I already shoveled off the walkway. It looks like Richmond is still in some light snow by my radar.

Who is your OS? Maybe I know him/her.
 
@sistersinhim

Current surgeon Dr. Jeremy Ross great guy easy to get along with. He is part of the VCU orthopedic center. He was trained by Dr. Wiliam Foster he was very low key but well respected surgeon. He is now retired and semi working at the VA hospital in Richmond. If you hadn't heard of them past surgeons #'s 4 and 5 done by Jeffery Wilson Richmond Memorial I will give him credit he did his best for me plus we shared common interest fishing also retired working VA Hospital. #3 Dr. Jessup good surgeon but jerk #2 Jason Hull VCU #1 William Nordt excellent great guy.
Went outside to clear snow from car a good guess 4" what area are you in?? or its a secret since your a moderator.
 
To those interested feels better today but that does not mean it feels great either!! I keep thinking I have been thru this way too many times why am I not use to how the knee feels? Past surgeries after a month from being at home due to in home nursing due to blood thinner and inhome PT I am ready to get out of house and do something now as much as I want to I've proven to myself short drive is okay but spending anything longer then 10-15minutes is begging for a crummy day. Just frustrated.
 
Dr. Hull did my TKR and I have been quite happy with it. Being I had so much damage because of previous surgeries and birth defects, I was told I'd never be pain-free. I'm not, but I'm better. That's what I was looking for. I interviewed Dr. Jessup, but knew he wasn't the one for me. Three other OSs didn't feel right either. I had prayed in-depth for a correct decision and I believe Dr. Hull was the right one. If I have to have the left one replaced, I'll be happy to go back to Dr. Hull. Of course, I would have to pray about that, too.

How much snow have you had?
 
I wrote 2 posts back but anyway 4" and you ?? Where are you in relation to Richmond? From what I have been told Dr. Hull is no longer in Richmond. Dr.Jessup is not exactly a nice person I felt he was a jerk.
 
Thanks to the weather pretty miserable day outside snow melting looking more gray than white light rain yet again does wonders for how the knee feels. Wish it would get better soon but unfortunately it will be months.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom