Revision TKR Difficult recover after multiple revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Celle @Pumpkln

@Celle hope your recovery is going well?? Just wondering do you even as a moderator go to the proper thread for shoulders during your recovery??
Okay Tuesday was beyond bad as in very. It hurt bad enough I was in tears however after taking 2 of my pain pills within the hour it did get better. Believe it or not while yes it still hurts and yes I have a limp and any walks outside require extreme caution w/o crutches ( take trash can to curb has wheels just pull it ) but other then that I use crutches its not stable enough. Had last day of of PT and in home nurse Tuesday I was discharged yesterday ROM was off big deal still over 120 but what surprised me I got to -3 on extension not bad. Next Thursday outpatient PT I am sure that will be fun but I like the therapist and we get along pretty good so should not be to bad
 
@Celle @Pumpkln

@Celle hope your recovery is going well?? Just wondering do you even as a moderator go to the proper thread for shoulders during your recovery??
Yes, but I haven't started my recovery thread yet.

It sounds as if you are doing a little bit better.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like you are doing well with your ROM and function, being able to take your garbage out.
I wish there was something we could do to help you with your pain, and hope your health care team may be able to help.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Taking your trash can out to the street is an ADL and what I like to call natural PT. I’m sure you’re being very careful when you do it. My trash can is also on wheels, and I have to go really slow because my driveway has a slope to it that my partial doesn’t like.

My neighbors like the trash cans to be back to the house as soon as possible after pick up, and they rarely give me time to go get it, though I could do it fine, so I’m lucky I rarely have to bring it back to the house myself. I never see who does it, so I don’t know who to thank.
 
@Jockette

If you were to see me walk pushing trash can to curb then going inside you think I am drunk or training for the circus high wire act!! Unlike you and wish mine were like yours its just me myself and I so between the 3 I end up taking it back as well. Sometimes what you call " natural PT " can almost be as bad as outpatient PT if therapist does too much. Feel bad for you as we talked prior having a driveway sloped down that must not be fun in fact it may even be somewhat scary making sure you do not do anything to cause knee to give out twist etc. Not sure why but always wondered uphill while not super easy like before knee issues is not bad except for doing steps BLAH!! going downhill I feel like I am on pins and needles.

Well I maybe a pro as far as knee surgeries go but knee does not understand that it still continues to go against my wishes at the wrong time of day. Here I am almost 1 month thought sleep getting better HAHA I was wrong yet again. Dead tired tried to sleep tossed and turn 2 hours later tried moving pillow between my knees but well at 330 am I am up due to wonderful knee. Currently laying on sofa took pain pill ice pack on BOY AM I HAVING FUN Yeah right!!!
 
Sounds like you are doing well with your ROM and function, being able to take your garbage out.
I wish there was something we could do to help you with your pain, and hope your health care team may be able to help.
Well yes there is @Pumpkln I have invited you over to help with my fish tanks and then you could monitor on what I am doing right or wrong suggest what needs to be improved and why!! While your here you may also help with the trash. You can be the first moderator to provide in home solutions to those in recovery mode. Its a great idea right??? Hope you realize just kidding but I really appreciate the kind words suggestions etc you have provided it does mean alot. If there was ever a way to repay I would. At the very least would treat to dinner.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@TKRsharon

Thanks but unfortunately there isn't and really as many times as I have had to go thru this there is no reason to think this recovery is going to be any easier. Based on my history I feel like I am 2-3 weeks behind a normal recovery. Even before this surgery I knew what to expect. Once again from my experience the first month is pretty bad the 2nd while still painful maybe a tad better but you tell to some degree your getting better.

How I know I am behind in recovery prior replacements after 1 month of in-home PT I have been itching to get in car short drive maybe even trip to store no real shopping just being able to get out was great now well not quite there yet sure I want to get in car and drive but its not like I am excited about doing it knee is just not a that point like I wrote really feel this recovery is going to be longer I know I am going to have good days and I am going to have days like this past Tuesday. I really like that those here have offered suggestions kind words allowing me to vent complain get angry etc.

While those that say they understand is a nice thing to say and yes I am glad it's been said but unless you have been thru this mess like I have ( 20 surgeries total all on same left knee 7 total revisions 1 partial dealt with an infection after 4th TKR 2 weeks later infection another surgery to take out and clean hoping clear it up 3 -4 months later had spacer put in 4 months later 5th replacement ) how does one know exactly how I feel? I may laugh and joke about all of this but I worry about infection I worry about is this going to be the last one I worry about the pain and swelling these are things nobody sees. Yes all of this stinks and I try to stay calm but if you were in my shoes how well do you think you would handle all of this??
 
@Pumpkln @Jockette or anybody??

Had to get my car from the shop and yes its been a month and maybe some are ready to get in car go for a ride being stuck at home due to in home PT and having a nurse come by due to blood thinner gets boring. Unfortunately no one but me myself and I pretty much limited choices. Mom drove me to shop approx 25 minutes guess how I felt?? After bill paid went to get car next door to shop its blocked in had to walk back and get other car moved. So after 25 minutes back home if it hurt when I got there just guess how it feels now?? I took 2 pain pills when I got home and been icing getting ready for 2 more. Much more swollen then before can tell lots of fluid build up yeah this proves my point compared to previous surgeries this is taking longer and hurting more wonder why?? Only driving I will be doing is back and forth to PT.
 
Sorry picking up your car turned in to an ordeal, hope you start feeling better.
You are wise to limit your future driving to/from PT.
 
Every outing I did in the early weeks went like yours. There will be things we just have to go out and do. You are doing the right thing by taking your pain medication, icing and resting when you get home.
 
@Pumpkln

I am trying hard to keep it together pain is pretty bad!! Increased swelling fricking pain driving me nuts. Hate it. This is like last Tuesday its bad. All Because sat in a car boy I wish this would go away. Took 2 more pills
 
I’m glad you called your OS. Please update once they call.
 
Well they didn't but on the bright side after I took 2 more pain pills at 430 by 530ish it started to settle down. Still have swelling ( @Cococay and I am not going to do a search its still from the surgery the swelling ) and I can still tell lots of fluid. Its a weird feeling moving the knee you can feel the fluid moving. By the way thank you @Cococay
 
I’m glad that you got a little relief but it’s concerning to me they haven’t returned your call. I guess I figure if they have a provider available for on-call issues then they have a responsibility to at least consult anyone that calls.
 
Agree and disagree, unfortunately not even on call Dr's are perfect. If the pain did not let up absolutely I would have called back repeatedly till I rcvd an answer. I did rcv a call but it was several hours later and by that time while not exactly normal it was better. Difference between you and other where this is the first time going thru this kind of figured it was a pointless call. The reason for writing that I have no signs of infection fever redness etc ( yes lots of pain but its not infection related ). So what is the OC going to tell me xrays are good labs are good and yes I over did it but what is there to fix.
So anyway it does feel better however I do have lots of swelling ( more than usual ) my jeans are not as loose on the left as on the right. Based on yesterday not surprised.
 
@Jockette @Pumpkln

After yesterday decided to only due what is needed nothing more. I have to get a script 5miles away approx. then went to grocery store and yes there are numerous in my area. I went to an Aldi's biggest reason its a smaller store get in and out much quicker except that was a mistake calling for snow where I live and of course its panic mode over at best 2-4" ( Richmond Va ) depending on where @sistersinhim is located ( same state ) she could be getting more hope she is ready?? After came straight home then dusted and vacuumed they maybe considered daily activities but sometimes they can cause pain. Ask me how I know??? The only thing good to say about recovery it is exactly one royal pain in the bottom.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom