Guest viewing is limited

Didn't see this coming!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have that right Sharon. In a year, this will all be a distant memory. All the nerves (related to the surgery) will be long gone. Today is pretty much wrapped up. Winterized my yard, trimmed a bunch of palm trees, cut the grass, threw some heavy duty mulch in the flower beds so the really hard stuff is done for the season. May still have to get out the lawnmower another time or two, but that should be it. One of my daughters should be able to cut the grass.

Should finish up with the fall cleaning sometime this week. My daughters have been great! We have shampooed all the carpets, washed baseboards, took down and cleaned the drapes. (with all the work I am getting out of my family, I think I need to schedule surgery every 6 months or so :happydance:.

This lady is feeling the hip today. I really overdid it with these activities. However, I just figured the doctors will fix it next week. 8 days left!

Tammy
 
Tammy,

Try not to push too hard this week. I know it's hard seeing things that need to be done but focus on the "must do's" rather than the "want to's" this week. I'd be nice if your husband could be there through the surgery for you but at least you have come to terms if it's not to be. It's good that your daughters will be there for you. Isn't it amazing how well they do when they need to step up! You obviously did a great job there, mom!

Sending you and your family good juju!

dede62
 
Thank you dede. They made it easy to do a great job as they are great kids (well not kids as the youngest is 24). How funny that I focused on most of the "want to's" this week. I'm pretty much finished with all of my "must do's." I keep rationalizing it in my head...I want to do this or that simply because it will be a long while before I can do it again.

My husband is still with me, and God willing, he can stay home for at least two more weeks. That will see us through my surgery, hospitalization and trip home. But the waiting for this deployment is more nerve-wracking than waiting on hip surgery. At least with the surgery, I know exactly what date I'm having it done. With him, it will be 48-27 hours notice, and off he goes.

Hope you are wrapping up all the little things and getting ready for your surgery.

Tammy
 
Hippy Halloween to all! Can not believe that tomorrow will bring in November...already. Pre-op appointment with the OS scheduled to tomorrow afternoon. All lab, x-ray and EKG reports in and normal, so good to go on that front. 4 days and a wake-up to go and I can put this behind me.
 
I've got my pre-op fun tomorrow -- meet w/PA (possibly new xrays and answer specific op q's), KG, bloodwork, etc. Then the 2 hr hip class. I suspect hubby will be bored to tears until the class in the afternoon...

Glad all is set and ready to go for you!

dede62
 
Tammy,

Good luck on your last day at work! Hopefully you'll get through and have a restful weekend ahead.

Good juju coming your way!!

dede62
 
Had my last meeting with the OS before surgery. Got the green light! Just finished up with my last day of work for awhile. A little bittersweet to be sure. My students were great...covered my office walls in post-it notes wishing me a speedy recovery. How sweet. Made it out to early voting as I will still be in the hospital on Election Day.

Thank you for the good juju dede. Hope you are almost done in your preparations as well and have a great week.

2 days and a wake up to go!

Tammy
 
Aww, that is sweet from your students! We vote entirely by mail here, so I made sure to drop off my ballot yesterday, just to get it done and checked off my list. This weekend is a whirlwind with some last minute prep and a significant milestone family birthday. I'm so glad you were able to get your stuff done! I hope you have a restful weekend and best of luck on Monday!
-nerdgrrl
 
Thank you Nerdgrrl. We decided to have a quiet evening at home tonight. I made a yummy pot roast with potatoes, carrots and mushrooms. The hubby has several movies on DVD that he still wants to see before he leaves, so he and I and our 3 dogs have plans to snuggle up in our king-sized bed and "veg" out on sci-fi movies and popcorn. Best of luck to you as your date rapidly approaches. I hope you enjoy some quiet, relaxing time before you go in.
 
OMG!!! Tomorrow is the big day! I'm so nervous that I doubt I will get much sleep tonight.
 
Kev's surgery is Tuesday and he's really worked up too. My prayers are with you.
 
Tammy, we're practically neighbors, I'm right up I-4 past Orlando.
I bet no one sleeps much the night before. I had to be at the hospital at 5:30 a.m. and I think I woke up at least every hour to see if I'd overslept.
This time tomorrow, you'll be getting great drugs and feeling no pain, and already starting to recover.
Keep us posted!
 
Good luck in your surgrey. I agree keep us informed. Tashia
 
Good luck with the procedure tomorrow, Damn! You guys having surgery tomorrow are in my thoughts and prayers. I'm looking forward to reading your experiences during the first week after getting your shiny new hip.

My pre-op with the surgeon and hospital is scheduled for Wednesday. I have my ever growing list of questions ready. :)
 
Thanks all for the good wishes. I am finishing up an episode of The Walking Dead before heading off to bed. Probably not good for pre-op jitters, but I love this show.

Sissy, I am about 45 minutes from you as I live near I-4 and I-75. Just outside of Tampa.

Going to try to sleep some. Can not wait until this time tomorrow night.

Will keep you posted as I feel up to it. Best wishes to those having their surgery this week.

Tammy
 
Thanks SmittyD. I will be thinking of you next week as well. Good luck to you in your final preparations.

Tammy
 
Tammy,

You should be hitting the sack soon. Hope you have a good night's rest and tommorow morning wil come and go. I'll be thinking of you as you'll be heading in shortly after I'm starting work. I'll be sending good juju to you and the doc! Look foward to hearing from you on the bright side.

dede62
 
Good night. Hear from you on the recover side. Tashia
 
Good luck & best wishes. :flwrysmile:

Diane
 
Today's the day! It is already 10:15 here on the West Coast, so you might even be out of surgery by now. I hope it went well!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom