TKR Diane's KneeQuest, NewKnee Inn Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
@sheliac you are just a week after me. I asked my OS about the bio oil over a week ago and he said sure, as long as there are no open areas, which there are not. I really like it. Feels great smells wonderful
 
Diane, I'm praying that Matthew stays away from you.
 
Ughh well not looking good. Been tearing hairs out all day,with friends traveling to orlando for our big weekend. So far 5 have had flts cancelled. It's a mess. I'm so sad. Been planning this for 6 months and it's gonna be a big mess. Damnn you hurricane matthew ughh ughhh ughh
 
Oh so sorry! Praying for you & all the rest here in FL with Matthew! I hope you can reschedule your weekend getaway!
 
Nope. No resheduling. This is our annual breast cancer survivor reunion, gals from all over the country, booked and planned for since about April :-( very bummed
 
Oh Diane, I know you were so looking forward to this weekend. I am so sorry.
 
Oh, Diane, what a bummer. You have been looking forward to this for such a long time. What a disappointment!! I feel bad for all of you.
I certainly hope, tho, that Matthew does not come close to Orlando.
Well just have to have a BoneSmart get together.
 
DianeHelen, I got the same thing, ok to swim but wait a while (mine said 3 months) for the hot tub. So looking forward to being in the pool. I don't do laps, just some water aerobics, some water walking, a little deep end moving. @sistersinhim i will take your warning to heart and be careful. @sheliac why dud the is say put nothing on it yet? You're a week farther along, and my OS told me on Tues that I can start massaging scar cream over the scar. I haven't done it yet, now thinking maybe wait another couple weeks. You guys know how it works, if there's any chance something isn't a good idea, we run screaming.
 
So, so sorry, Diane. I do hope you stay safe. I can feel your disappointment. Swearing is appropriate!
 
Diane, I am sorry your weekend is not looking good...Please stay safe!!!
 
I've just seen the news, it doesn't look good for Florida, hope and pray all the BoneSmarties down there stay safe.
Tabby xxx
 
That really sucks that Matthew is ruining your reunion. Saying prayers for your safety in the storm.


Shelia
RTKR - 8/23/16
LTKR - 10/11/16
 
OK first moment i have had in the last 36 hours to sit and post a bit here.

What a horrid and stressful day yesterday. Our wonderful gathering, we have been planning for 6 months is pretty much devastated. Some of the locals will still come for the big banquet saturday. One of the far away gals flew in yesterday, but about 10 others had flights cancelled. So so sad. I tired and tried to get some flights re routed, to the west coast, but to no avail. I was sooo stressed by the end of the day my husband took my tablet away, made me take a xanax and put me to bed.

This morning, it was pretty much a done deal and out of my control, so the stress of the doomed weekend has passed, but now we are in full hurricane preparedness mode. Went to get gas, 3 stations were already out, finally found a 7 11, waited on line 40 mins to get gas. Those who remember the gas shortage in the 70s can relate.

Today went to Publix to get milk and candles, pure pandemonium but they had what I needed. Stood on checkout line 30 mintues, at least I had to wagon to lean on.

I am 60 miles inland, and we are expecting anywhere from tropical storm to full hurricane force winds here.

I am as prepared as I can be, gonna be fun getting dogs out tomorrow in 60mph plus winds and driving rain..

But, LOG has been mostly cooperating. still the tightness and some aches in the back of my thigh, but all in all not too bad.

Ok , who knows if I will have power later, I have my cell charging, and if I have no internet, I will have my cell data, for as long as that holds up.

All the rest of you here in FL, expecially a few I know are on the east coast BE SAFE , evacuate it they tell you too

I have wine, ice cream, pizza, cookies.. chocolate and dog food.

so for now....

Diane.... OUT!!
 
So sorry about the big gathering. What a shame for all of you looking forward to it. Good for your husband! He's right, it was completely out of your control. Stay safe, batten down those hatches, and please take care!
 
I heard on MSNBC that some gas stations on the coast were charging 9.99 for a gallon of gas!
Glad to hear you have supplies. We'll be thinking of you.
 
Diane, I am right there with you. Sorry about your survivor reunion. After my PT appt today we stopped at Publix and my husband ran in for a few items like bread, coke zero, cookies and Cigar City IPA. He was in there forever and the parking lot was full. My appt with my OS tomorrow has been canceled as the office is closed due to Hurricane. We are expecting 40-60mph winds but having lived in Florida all my life I am not overly concerned. If I lived on the beach or like your beach house then I would be concerned. My Corgi hates rain and thunder so this will be fun. Stay safe.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom