Guest viewing is limited

TKR Diane's KneeQuest, NewKnee Inn Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd love to come too! If there is a place to park my Chinook I wouldn't even need a bed or john. I also have a frig to store food. Think about it. I also think we have more in common than our knees. It would be fun to that out.
 
Sounds AMAZING! Im up for it, well maybe after im a bit more healed, but yaaa IM IN!!


HEY HI @thecoll hehe,

[Bonesmart.org] Diane's KneeQuest,  NewKnee Inn Recovery
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not going to sleep on the blow up bed unless you have a forklift there to pick me up! In January I'm either leaving out of Florida of San Juan for a cruise. If anyone is up for it...
 
Nice Diane....you passed by my house again. I was elevating my lovely leg watching the Bucs lose AGAIN otherwise I would have waved. How was the ride in the car? Did you have to keep it stretched out or are you able to sit with it at 90 degrees? Reason I ask, my son attends college at UF which is a 2 hour drive from me and he is having an issue with his truck and my husband wants me to ride up with him so he can fix it.
 
How was the ride in the car?
It was not too bad at all. I alternated between sitting up straight & stretching my leg out as far as I could. And, as I've mentioned before, it was not really the knee itself that bothered me, but areas around it, back of thigh, side of knee, and the general area. It was do able. I think you should go, nice to get out and be part of the world. :-)
 
Good morning, Diane. How is you leg and hip doing now that you've had some relaxing time? Great news that the ride didn't bother you! Your knee's recovery is going great. It's just the stuff around it that need to behave!
 
Morning @sistersinhim Knee is ok, again, its the annoying muscles, tissue, whatever around it that still is annoying. I can walk without the cane, but tend to limp as there are several spots that dont like full weight bearing. But its weird, with the cane, even with the slightest bit of support, I can walk pretty normally most of the time. I do find the only real pain relief I get is my trusty old combo of 800mg Ibu and 50mg Tramadol. I try not to take it every day because I am concerned about the gastro issues ibu can cause, tho it never has with me, and I never take it on an empty stomach. Tylenol/Tram does not do it for me, so I just take my combo on days I am busier. Hopefully at some point I wont need it. I guess I am progresing as I no longer sleep with the ice machine, in fact I rarely ice at all. I still have tightness, but not really swelling.

I thought my appointment with OS was today, but its not until next Monday. I did call and spoke to the nurse and got clearance to swim, but not for hot tub until I talk to him. They are leaving a message so we shall see. Im mostly asking because of my breast cancer survivor reunion gathering this weekend. I can live without the hot tub I guess, just happy I can get in the pool. May try to swim once this week to see how it feels.

Im almost at 7 weeks, and doing ok, just the tiresome reality of this will take time to be fully healed and over. But overall Im doing ok. The beach was nice, we didnt do too much, saw my friends who are down for the month, went out to dinner once, and I was able to sit with LOG down the whole time and not be too bothered. Back home now, in gear for getting ready for the big weekend with the gals...
 
You sound good. Swimming sounds amazing , just amazing.


Shelia
RTKR - 8/23/16
LTKR - 10/11/16
 
Pace yourself in the pool. You know how I did last week after only 1 lap! It feels sooo good swimming, but you use your knee a whole lot more than you think. Take lots of Tramadol with you!

Good that you made it home OK after a nice weekend!
 
Huh @sistersinhim don't think I should shoot for my mile first time out huh? Haha. But thanks for the reminder. I may just wait till the weekend at the resort where it will just be socialising in the pool and not.much swimming. Of course the impending hurricane may change a day by the pool to a day of hanging at the bar ;-)
 
Both of them sound like fun! Sometimes I really miss my partying days. But, most of the time not.
 
still have tightness, but not really swelling.
Diane,..most days I too have tightness not always swelling. Not really icing as much, maybe couple times day. However I am addicted to night time ice machine. I sit in the recliner still but with just the legs up and the times I do ice I elevate with pillows.
Any thoughts on the tightness, sure this is normal but are you doing anything for it?
 
I used Bio Oil as well. It probably wasn't necessary, but it did help with the dry skin.
 
I think you are doing really well for not quite 7 weeks, and you coped with that trip amazingly.
Good for you.
Tabby xxx
 
Hi Diane, it looks like things are really good on your end. You have a big weekend coming up, how exciting.

I see that you will be able to take up your swimming again, I am sure you are looking forward to that.

Have a great day my friend!!!
 
A day at the pool or at the bar -- either sounds great. I'm googling bio oil. My scar is so dry it hurts. OS told me not to put anything on it, but I'm thinking the skin is going to crack! Doesn't help that I compulsively wash it with dial soap


Shelia
RTKR - 8/23/16
LTKR - 10/11/16
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom