TKR Diane's KneeQuest, NewKnee Inn Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huh we should call it the WODIC :dubious:

That's 3 of us in that club so far.

But the good news, is I'm no worse off today. Just anxious about the 2 hr car trip. But somehow I'll get thru it
 
Nope @KarriB , I have had that in the past, and ya it's miserable. For me that's one thing that my chiropractor can quickly fix.
 
Oh wow! That sounds so lovely - a sit on the beach watching Pelicans and listening to the ocean. Enjoy, enjoy!


Shelia
RTKR - 8/23/16
LTKR - 10/11/16
 
Well I made it. Had a few times where I had to keep adjusting how I sat, to help that annoying ache that comes & goes on the back of my thigh. But it was not too bad. Nice to be back here. And other than the thigh thing, LOG was pretty happy. Getting out of the car , thought I'd be very stiff, but to my surprise, not too bad.

So now just chilling, opened a bottle of Pinot Grigio, fed the dogs, in a bit we'll be ordering our favorite Cuban Sandwiches, and a tres leches from Baracudda Cafe, down the street, go watch the sunset over the Gulf of Mexico, and just relax for the evening

Nice to be feeling a bit of normal

@thecoll , how are you feeling? I waved to you as we cruised past Lakeland on I-4
 
Diane, thanks for waving as you passed by. I am actually just 2 miles off exit 38 in Lakeland so you went right by me. Was everything ok with the house, no damage from the last storm? I love Barracudda Cafe! So glad red tide is not up in St Pete as the news said it was in Sarasota beaches, yuck. Have fun!
 
@thecoll , we did have a bit of damage :-(. One of the fence panels is falling over. But not much else.

That's so cool that you know Baracudda cafe. It's just a few blocks from us.

How you feeling?
 
Glad to hear there was damage to the house as the fence panel is an easy fix. I have been in Florida since I was 2 years old and have been to St Pete soooo many times. We use to always stay at The Tradewinds resort and way back in the day there was a Bennigans by the Publix and that was our go to happy hour before we found Harrys. As a child we would camp at Fort Ðesota couple times a year. Now I like Pass a Grille because it is quite and a short walk in the sand to the water. I am lazy and I just love to sit in my beach chair at waters edge and just relax listening to the water hitting shore.
I am feeling good and really working daily at my ROM, I am going to get there. Enjoy your time and breathe in some salt air for me as I head to PT today.
 
Pass a Grille because it is quite and a short walk

You sure know my "..hood". My house is right off of the turn by the Walgreens on Gulf & 44th av :-)
Have you ever beed to Caddys on the beach, just a bit north of st pete beach, in the sunset beach area. $5 parking right on the side of the beach, that gives you a ticket for $5 to use at the bar grill. Also free chair & umbrella set up (for a tip if you want) and a super short walk to the water. A true lazy beach bum beach . Passe a grill used to be our go to beach, until a few years ago when we discovered Caddys. Glad you seem to be doing ok. Dont let pt hurt you
 
It you all are making me crave the beach [emoji4]. I hope you enjoyed your wine-- I'm planning on having a big glass of cabernet on Thanksgiving.

Enjoy!! How wonderful it must be to have a beach home.


Shelia
RTKR - 8/23/16
LTKR - 10/11/16
 
I'm so glad you made it to the beach with little discomfort and that no major damage was done to it. Lay back and relax!
 
I'm so jealous. Sitting at the water's edge at the Gulf of Mexico? Doesn't get much better than that! I'm happy for you, but jealous, too.
Warm air, Gulf Stream, beach house. How healing.

We need a BoneSmart Beach Bash of TKR Folks. How big is your place? Wouldn't that be a hoot? A bunch of us, not knowing each other but each knowing a lot about each other's knee recoveries, medication habits, etc, get together for a celebration. I love the idea. I'd even consider getting on a plane for that!

A
 
@mamazipp ABSOLUTELY ;-). I have actually done that, with my Golden Retriever group. We all met online but have been friends now of 15 years and the biggest grouo I have had first in Orlando, before we had this house was 8. At the beach I've had 7, and that was before we built the master suite addition. Can you imagine 7 women, 1 bathroom? People on couches, blow up beds, scheduling shower turns. And two dogs :). But ya know what? We had a blast! Beach during the day, pudding shots, wine, food , laughter, at night. It's really fascinating that people who meet online over a common interest, seem to come together in person knowing each other as if they always have. The gathering at the resort next weekend, a group of breast cancer survisor that all met online. We have been getting together twice a year now for 4 years. I really do hope to meet some of my bonesmart family at some point.


As to how many the house sleeps? Now with the addition, it has 2 guest rooms, 2 bathrooms, 2 couches, and a few blow up beds ;-)
 
That sounds great! You sound so good. Maybe the beach should be a prescription for us all. :)


Shelia
RTKR - 8/23/16
LTKR - 10/11/16
 
It's doable! Food for thought! And you've done it with other groups. Hmmmmm........
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom