TKR Diane's KneeQuest, NewKnee Inn Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
As you know you did a lot for six weeks! I sure hope that the icing and rest restores LOG to a happy state. On the zig side did you hear that cooler weather is coming Friday! :yahoo: I can't wait to breathe some cool fresh air.
 
cooler weather i

Yay! Actually, last night we went out to dinner, and leaving the restaurant after, there was actually a hint of a cool ish breeze. We are getting to our wonderful time of year in the sunshine state. Love October - April here.
 
Wow, no way would I have gone out again after that. You really are getting your stamina back.
 
Didnt go back out, I was in the car after the shopping / card adventure and just drove the 3 miles back to walmart

But ya it was ambitious. I have not moved from my recliner since..
 
Glad you were able to go out for dinner, but I know what you mean about propping up your leg or not being able to stretch it out, the first time I tried that at a restaurant, I could not get comfortable! every position hurt:groan:but I managed to finish my WINE before we left :yes:
 
ODIC for sure! I hope log leaves you alone tonight! You are doing very well going to all those places in one day. Happy Birthday Log!!!!
 
I remember having a day like that when I finally ventured out on my own. It was Walmart, too. Really overdid it and knee screamed. But a day or so later, I recovered.
So you are going to your survivors group get together? Good for you.
Hope LOG feels better by tomorrow!
 
So you are going to your survivors group get together
Ya I think I will be able to handle it. I am supposed to stay overnight for 2 nights. I will stay the first night, then see how I feel during the day saturday. If I need to , I can come home for a bit, I live only 15 mins from the resort. I am part of the planning committee so I really have been doing alot getting this together and want to see my efforts come to fruition, and to see many friends I only get to see once a year.

I rested and iced all afternoon and so far am not feeling too bad. Lets hope I dont have a residual effect tomorrow.

We are heading to the beach house for a few days tomorrow, so lets see how that goes..
 
I hope your beach house trip goes well! Jealous!!! I go to the water every day, but it's a sea coast, not a tropical beach.:surfer:
 
Love that quote! I think the best thing for my life from my recovery period was that I couldn't be at work too much! Being one of those folks loves their work (it's fun and very positive: we own a wild birds store, helping people who want to bring nature into their lives), I was always there...too many hours! So, while I was away, my staff figured out how to do stuff I wasn't there to do and now I'm not so essential... I get to have a more balanced life now, which is wonderful!
 
I get to have a more balanced life now, which is wonderful!

@BBCG it is hard for those of us that are used to being in control to give up some of that control, but so nice when we can figure out how to have balance in our lives, much less stress and we are happier :flwrysmile:
 
It is always a struggle to balance. Good causes come along and I think for a nano second about volunteering and then think - are you crazy! You are handling all you can right now. Don't overload and make your life miserable. It is so tempting to over-extend.
 
Enjoy the beach house! If all goes well it should be a beautiful cooler weekend. @mamazip I love the sea coast too. Just sitting and listening to the waves is so relaxing.
 
Yes @Floridagal I too can just sit and look at the water and be at peace. My avatar pic is by boca ciega bay, where I sit and watch the pelicans. I adore pelicans. This is about a mile from the beach house and I always find some time to go here and just chill.
 
Enjoy your trip to your beach house. I'm sure it will rejuvenate you just like the mountain trip did for me. BTW, my first ODIC was at Walmart, too! That darn place is big.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom