TKR Diane's KneeQuest, NewKnee Inn Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm recording it so I can fast forward through all the commentators and ads.
 
Hey Diane, how are you doing today???? Are the pains any better??? I hope so.
 
Awe @uva55 you are always so thoughtful. Im ok. Still kinda in stall mode. I do find when I take my old trusty 800mg ibu & 50 mg tramadol I do get thru the day just a bit less irritated with the leg/thigh/groin pain. But just as it did for my arthritic knee before tkr, I worry about taking it every day, so try to do a day or so, then take a day or so off. Just so far a bit if a conundrum of no win answer.

But on I go hoping soon to get out of stall mode, as others have said may happen @ 8 or so weeks

Are you all excited for your trip?
 
Diane, I understand your dilemma, but I think it's too soon to cut back on pain meds if you still need them, maybe if you take them now and your pain level improves, it will help your knee and all other body parts that are aching, just long enough for your knee to heal a little longer and then maybe in a week or so you may not need to take the meds, I remember when I tried to skip my meds then my knee would bother me which made me have poor gait, which aggravated my back. It's a snowball effect. Just a thought!

I hope you start feeling better soon, it really has not been that long for you, I still feel that your recovery has been good overall.

Yes I am excited about my trip, I have to get busy packing tonight, ughhhhh, that's what I hate about traveling.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I am right there with Clara. I weaned myself off my pain meds and was taking one before PT and one at bedtime. This past week I was feeling pain through out the day and was uncomfortable even when elevating so after talking to my OS he said I should continue taking it every 6 hours instead of every 4 hours. He said he likes to wean his patients off closer to 10-12 weeks out. No arguing from me. The past 3 days I have been back on track taking it and feel so much better and feel I am even bending better.
 
Im just glad you are feeling better @thecoll . Have you been going to pt still? I broke up with pt ;-)

Im taking ibu/tram but not all day, but every night, and fortunately I am sleeping well.

It's just so weird this whole journey. My knee itself does not hurt much at all, but the pain, achiness, discomfort on my whole left leg, hip, thigh, calf, shin is like a moving target. Different parts bother me at different times
 
Good morning sunshine :SUNsmile: (can you tell I am in a great mood, it's my Friday), I hope you will have a great, pain free day today :flwrysmile:
 
Whoohoo! @uva


Ten un viaje maraviloso!!
coma visita bebida disfrutar :flwrysmile:

Cant wait to hear all about your awesome trip
 
Al Roker from The Today show is having a TKR next month. We should get him to join Bonesmart :-)

He said he will be back at work in a week or two? Hmmm

I read some of the comments online, and the ones that made me crazy , saying do the pt no matter how much it hurts, or you will never heal correctly.. Ughh
 
@dianehelen
This one was dated July 10, 2001:
Today Show weather guy Al Roker returned to work July 9th, a month after undergoing total knee replacement surgery.

So I guess he intends to beat his record from 15 years ago??

And this one is dated Oct 26, 2012:
Al Roker had a total knee replacement: his left knee. He ran the ING NYC Marathon.

Really?? I thought we weren't allowed to run after TKR.
 
Wish I could get back into running. But I don't want to mess up my knee. I suppose you can go back to work after 1 month if you have to, but I'm thinking the 2 weeks is a little extreme. Not a record I would want to beat, especially after 15 years!! (At this point, I deserve the rest and time off that my knee would give me! LOL)

Yeah - the comments on PT were laughable! Course so were some of the other comments! I've never watched or listened to him.
 
That blows my mind (back at work in 2 weeks). Good for him. But he'll have his clothes done and laid out, his meals cooked, a driver, a make-up doer, an errand runner, blah, blah. But his kind of story makes it hard on the "real" people and contribute to our friends and neighbors judging our progress harshly. Blech.

I hope today is a zig day for you!


Shelia
RTKR - 8/23/16
LTKR - 10/11/16
 
Well, I never liked running, actually I always HATED it, so now I finally have a good reason for not doing it.

Well...I am sure like Shelia said, he wont be doing much, he has plenty of people taking care of him. Good luck to him!!
 
Whew what a day. I think I may be attending my first meeting of the ODIC, and it was not totally my fault. Next weekend is my annual breast cancer survivor gathering and I have a few things to get together. And I needed a few items grocery shopping. So I ventured out. Realised I had no gas, so stopped and pumped gas. Ok off to walmart where I never go, but they had one item I needed. Ok gassed up, of to walmart. Parked, put my cane in the wagon and off I go. No idea where stuff is in that store, went the exact opposite end of store, till I asked someone. Got my item, walked back to car, drove off, next stop Publix (supermarket). Park, go to get out, DAMMM, no cane, left it in the wagon at walmart. Walk the best I can till I get to a wagon . Get my stuff, head to checkout. Stupid store has new card reader machines and my regular debit card not working. Try again, nope. Now LOG is starting to yell at me. Try again, nope, try another card with a chip, still no go. Finally some man behind me helped, and used my chip card in the chip reader and it worked. By now im agitated, soaking wet sweating, its 90°, And the hot air from outside is wafting in from the constantly opening doors near check out. Back to car, back to walmart, park, walk with no cane back into store , get my cane, come home collapse. Now up & iced, hoping to not suffer too much from the ordeal


By the way. Today is LOGs 6 week birthday.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom