TKR Diane's KneeQuest, NewKnee Inn Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is weird about your hip, but I bet it'll stop after your next surgery. If it did it once, it'll do it again!! I have a weird thing, too. I can hear my new knee popping in my head, but not with my ears. I guess I need to ask someone to listen for me to see if it is noisy outside, too!
 
I bet it'll stop after your next surgery
WAIT , WHAT? What next surgery? Do you know something I don't?

So maybe a tiny incremental zig up today, and yesterday evening. Keep a good thought, not getting too carried away with excitement just yet.

So last night ww went out to dinner, in a very upscale place here in Orlando. All month many of the high end restaurants do a thing called Magical Dining, where they offer a special menu with a 3 course dinner for a set price which is usually the same or less than there regular priced a la carte main entre. We had reservations for a table, and the place was packed. Thet put us at a table that had a booth seat on one side, chair on the other. The problem with that, is there is not another chair for LOG. I sat all thru dinner (extremely delicious filet) with LOG bent probably at 100° the whole time. I could not even stretch it out, cuz my husband's feet were there. I made it thru the whole dinner, a little bothersome near the end, but not terrible.

Next. Today I had about 2 hours of work to get done in my home office. Some personal & banking stuff, and some client website updates. I again sat at my desk, in my chair and again, near the end, I felt it, but maybe not as painful in the thigh area, and knee tightness as maybe a week ago.

Hoping my ZIG day continues...
 
Ut oh, I was answering @TML. I'm sorry I forgot to tag her!
I'm so glad your days are improving. About your dinner last night...could you have put your foot on your husband's leg? Also, I put my cane on the floor and the handle better my knees on the seat. That way I can prop up on it. I learned this trick over 20 years ago. It really helps in a pinch!
 
No, @sistersinhim the way the table was set up, I could not really do much. There was another table/booth combo right next to us, very limited space. But I got thru it :-)
 
I probably would have had to get up and walk about every 15 minutes. Your knee is really doing quite well! Good for you! Keep up the good work and away from PT!
 
Good for you! I did LOL when should replied to sistersinhim!
 
@sistersinhim I just got your tag. I wonder if your cellphone would record the sound if you held it to your knee? Don't let anyone look at you doing this! :rotfl:
 
Diane, you are doing amazing with your knee. I'm having my second knee surgery in 3 weeks now - I'll look to you for inspiration!
 
Boy @TML sounds so bizarre to me, that Im an inspiration for this journey. I had stomach issues, random pain in odd places, painful stitch removal, but I guess I would consider me in the average part of the curve.

But, all the best to you for knee 2!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Don't underestimate your accomplishments! You had a nice dinner out and are working in your home office. :yay:
 
I'm sitting in my very cold house thinking how hungry I am and I read about your nice dinner out. That's wonderful! You are getting better every day.
 
Don't underestimate your accomplishments


Thank you , I guess you are right. It just seems like even after 6 weeks I dont feel like I have my life back yet. I know, patience, takes up to a year etc.. but Im not good at the patience thing ;)

and you are a month ahead of me. How are you doing? are you getting out etc? and you have to do it all over again soon. I could not even imagine that

@newlybionic awee, sorry about your cold house something I can only dream of. Well its cool in my house, but because of the wonderful invention of air conditioning. Dont you have heat? Crank it up, be comfortable. and EAT something
 
It was in the 30s here last night so I actually went and turned my heat on now. My poor little Yorkie doesn't have her sweaters out to wear yet.
 
I don't think I could ever live in Florida. I hate hot, humid weather. And Diane, you are doing much more than the average person has been able to do at 6 weeks. I wasn't even driving then, much less going out to eat! Give yourself credit for your accomplishments.
 
@sistersinhim I would not have been driving either if it was my right knee.

and now by evening, its annoying me grrr. Just these random pains that seem to travel around my leg, thigh, side of my knee. It was fair all day, but by the end of the day, it just reminds me its still there. I look forward to my bed and my ice machine. Just a few more hours. First have to watch the circus of the debate. I may have to drink heavily to endure it ;)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom