TKR Diane's KneeQuest, NewKnee Inn Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before I had my TKR the OS x-rayed my six year old THR just to make sure it was in good shape. I thought that was wise and kept me from worrying when I had weird groin pains. I think getting an x-ray of your hip is smart.
 
Diane, with your new knee I bet you're walking differently and now feeling it in your hip. I hope that's all. Getting it xrayed is a smart thing to do.
 
Diane, yes I think I'm ready. Both knees are hurting almost equally with the right one a little bit worse when I walk. When I get the surgery I'll be on full dose pain medication again, so I think I'll be OK. I can do stairs with the left and do rotations on my recumbent bike. In other words, I have enough mobility and strength in the left knee to take care of myself. I remember that walking with the operated knee was not really very painful - I seemed to have more pain when sitting or lying and changing position or lifting my leg than I did when walking.
 
Ya, if just to ease my mind. I agree I am walking different, after years of compensating with a very valgus knee, and now a straight leg. But still it concerns me. Its kinda weird tho, that I will as my current OS to look at it, when it was not him who did it. I feel funny going to the OS that did it, because he will see my new knee that he didnt do. But I will ask my current OS just to have a look.

@Floridagal did your thr hip/groin bother you after the new knee was in?

@FlaGranny you are one tough broad ;)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Your new bionic left leg is probably getting used to working together. I know my left hip started causing me pain even though I had never had hip pain or problems before my surgery. It turned out that because my leg wasn't straight before for a long time that once it was straight my whole body was out of alignment. You might want to see a chiropractor that can look at your whole structure from neck through to your hips to see if everything is good. My hips were not even which was causing me a lot of problems.
 
I dont know how I would feel at the chiro, like laying face down on the adjustment table with my knee still so sore. I do have a good chiro who has helped me in the past, just dont think I can lay face down at this point. But I will keep it in mind
 
You know Diane, I don't have another replacement joint in my body, yet my left hip, lower back and left shoulder are giving me jip. I know this is due to the poor way I am walking, standing up and sitting down due to the swelling pain in my RTKR.

Try not to worry so much -easier said than done, I know - but it may just be general muscle and tendon pain rather than anything specific to your THR itself. x
 
Thanks @uva55 me too. They are starting to get me down. It's like my whole left leg from ankle to groin is taking turns on which part yells at me which day. It would be nice to see some more progress one of these days. Seems like the last week or two have just stalled. But on I go, just trying to be patient.
 
It's getting hard to be patient as our minds and bodies are recovering. Hard to remember that healing isn't yet old news and won't be for many more weeks.
 
Diane, do get the xray and hang in there. I'm 13 weeks out and getting new 'adjustments' frequently. This 'total' knee replacement might as well be called 'total' body adjustment. :scare:
 
It's gotta be hard not to worry about your hip~~but I do hope the X-ray shows all is well with it. Hope you get a good nights rest & wake up feeling better!
 
I'm glad you're getting it checked out to ease your mind. After yesterday, I want my own X-Ray machine for home use[emoji23].

The groin-to-hip pain I had was very mild until yesterday, when it hit crying-level. Now I'm afraid to move for fear of a return. It's hard to tell where it originates--but I think it is groin that goes backward to hip? If it comes back as bad as before, I'm going to OS.

Let's both ice and elevate today . I'm beginning to wonder if the elevation position is putting a strain on that groin/hip area (I use your three-pillow stack). Hmmm.


Shelia
RTKR - 8/23/16
LTKR - 10/11/16
 
Diane, I also feel stalled for the last couple of weeks. It actually feels like I was better 3 weeks ago than I am now. I'm guessing it is the increased activity and continued healing process. Sometimes both my legs hurt and ache from hip to toes. I think it happens to most of us, if not all of us.

I actually got up this morning with my operated knee feeling better than my nonoperated knee. That is a first, so maybe . . . . .?
 
@sheliac I cant even imagine being on a treadmill. My pain is non existent when laying down, my bed is complete bliss. On my recliner, I alternate between just the raised recliner & pillow stack. I feel mine when walking without a cane. I trying to work on my gait, but without a cane I limp to try to avoid the groin/hip/whatever pain when my stride hits a certain point. With even pretty minimal support from the cane I can walk with a close to normal gait.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom