dede62, way to go! I can't believe you get to progress to a cane already! I am sooooooo jealous. I'm still non-weightbearing, so I can't ditch the crutches just yet. It sounds like your PT/OT people are very thorough. My nurse just tortured me with the staple removal, kept repeating how sorry she was and then had the nerve to remark that my blood pressure was high! I could have just strangled her.
Got our 20+ pound turkey out defrosting...I can almost taste Thanksgiving dinner. We will also be making a glazed ham as I have a girl-child who doesn't eat or like turkey.
Bandit is in for a treat as I always cook the turkey gizards and neck bone for the pups and pour the broth over their dog food.
Thanks bellaroma: and Damn!: Just trying to take it one day at a time and try and not get ahead of myself. Hubby's finally letting me go to the bathroom by myself. Now that's progress ;-) Tammy if it weren't for your restrictions I'm sure you would have run circles around each and every one of us!!!
It's going to be a long ride to and from the appointment tomorrow. I'm sure we'll both be spent by the time we get home. Probably heading to bed pretty quick. Hope everyone has a good restful night.
dede62, sounds like good progress today! I'm sure your appt tomorrow will go fine, but I am wishing you luck anyway . I'm half asleep right now but the ice is keeping me awake until it numbs up a bit more.
Good luck on your trip to the doctor. I'm sure he will be pleased with your progress. Be sure to take the advice given here and bring along an ice pack or two for the trip. I will watching this thread for an update from you when you get back and have a chance to rest.
Thanks for that awesome tip. Whe have some ice packs intended for the cooler that will be perfect (slow melting). Its like a sheet of 1x1 pillows with the silver thernal wrap on one side.
****Warning - Girl topic *****
Poppet: So Aunt Flo came yesterday and today is usually my heaviest day. Will being on the Coumadin affect that? How excessive is excessive enough to worry (i.e soaking a pad every 2 hrs)? Should I touch base with the home nurse to give her a heads up or wait to see if it's an issue?
Don't you just HATE Aunt Flo! You poor girl. Funny how our minds work. I was wondering the same thing. Although my Aunt disappeared after an emergency hysterectomy with my daughter's birth 24 years ago....I was still curious as to what effect blood thinners would have on this curse. Hope all goes well for you. Please keep us posted.
I was jusf glad it waited until after the hospital stay. Wouldn't have wanted to deal with that on top of everything else. Believe me I was watching the calendar
A reported side effect when taking Coumadin is that Menstrual bleeding maybe heavier or longer than normal. I would suggest if you experience this your doctor may want to do a blood test, change your dose, stop the medication or give you medicine to stop the bleeding.
Yes, I would discuss your normal 'cycle' with your home nurse, to get her opinion, if you are normally that heavy
@Popett: So far so good. Things seemed to slow down during our excursion today. I'll obviously keep an eye on it over the next few days.
So my first follow-up went fine. No surprises either way. Just told him that things keep getting better every day. We discussed when I'm off the coumadin how long to wait to resume the anti-inflammatories. He said 2-3 days after last dose. We also talked about outpatient PT and that when I'm done with in-home PT I'll continue the original exercises. If I need more then we'll talk about it at my 6 wk appt.
It's been nice to be back on the main level. Only issue is not having a raised toilet seat in the powder room. Hubby just gets to have more fun... Onward and upward
Yay! Sounds like a good appointment. Congrats on making it to the main floor! Isn't it nice to be able to access your whole house, if only for a little while?
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.