THR Day nine, graduated to crutch, staples gone

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a big day for me! The physiotherapist came to my house today and removed the staples from my incision. We checked out some exercises and it appears that all the work I did building up muscles before the surgery is helping now! I can park the walker and start using a crutch. I find it easier to walk straight with a crutch. Very excited - recovery is on the way. I'm still taking Tylenol 3s and will until I can walk without a limp. She said that the little bit of tenderness I feel in my buttock is not from the hip but is muscular. Onward!
 
Onward indeed!! Congratulations for reaching these milestones. The best is yet to come! Stay positive. Smart of you to prepare your muscles for the surgery.
 
Congratulations on how well you're doing!!!

You will notice that I have merged your latest recovery thread into your original one. Please keep all your updates, questions and concerns in this one thread. It makes it so much easier for us to go back and read about your recovery when needed and the single thread tells your whole story for those that come along later to read about your journey to a new hip. If at any time you want a different thread title, just post what you want here and we'll get it changed for you.
 
Wahoo... Staples gone for @grandma chris - this is indeed a milestone! Great report Chris :)
 
@grandma chris Congrats on getting those staples out!!! Look forward to hearing how your aqua therapy goes. Onward and upward as they say on BS!!!
 
Well, now I know another good reason why 10 days in is too soon to be making a family dinner. So I decided that I HAD to have a pot roast tonight. No problem right? Cut up a few onions, carrots, garlic, brown the blade roast, thaw some of my own frozen tomatoes and throw it all in the slow cooker. Yummy! That is until about three hours in when I realize that I can't smell or hear it - huh?? I turned it on to High, I know I did! Yes, I did - what I didn't do was plug the crock pot in!!! Oh well, that's what ovens are for and that's where it all is now. And I can smell it!!
 
So today I noticed that there is a bruise behind and just below my knee. It must have been there for some time as it is getting yellowy. I had not noticed it before, it is not hard or hot. I don't think DVT is an issue there. I had made myself a stack of pillows and secured them with belts - do you think this bruise might have come from the belt??
 
Our legs and knees are moved into extreme positions in the OR Chris. The only place I had bruising was my knee..
 
@grandma chris , sounds like you are really doing well with this recovery. Don't worry about the bruising. I had bruising from thigh to ankle in varying shades of purple, green and yellow. And it did appear in stages. More badges of honor!
 
Yes my bruises have started too. Down the back of my leg to my knee. From what I read its normal.
 
Hope you enjoyed your pot roast @grandma chris ....eventually! All that cutting up veg does take it's toll! I, too had lots of bruising but only behind/ front of my knee and it's faded over time. Hope your good progress continues...Chrissie x



Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
There must be a lot of healing going on today - I've been sleeping most of it away! Woke up early 6:30ish this morning and did the usual early morning stuff, breakfast, meds, ablutions, etc. Mid morning, a long nap as I could not keep my eyes open at all. Then up for a walk, then elevate and ice, a few exercises, lunch, and another long nap. Another walk, elevate and ice, sit up for a while and then become extremely tired again. Very gentle exercises and walks with no repercussions so I have to think that I'm majorly healing. I have to say it feels extremely indulgent!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom