Guest viewing is limited

THR day 2 post op

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just checking you are ok

Legin THR Sep 14
 
:umm::sigh::what:not happy! decided to take 2 days off from the gym because not of hip pain but i think my body is coming down or fighting a virus on top of the healing of the hip. the hip is doing great! but sorry to be so personal but when pms starts i get a rash on my leg and very uncomfortable and tired for no reason. slept good last night but going to stay home and walk on treadmill for 45 to 50 mins and do some pt exercises at home. Tomorrow i will hit the gym hard. hope all is well with everyone!! I am feeling a bit down. Trying to find a work at home job that will fit in with my appts and other stuff and one is interested but the training is from 9 to 5 and Monday through Friday and cant figure how to get all the stuff in . lol!
 
Wow are you saying they have you in PT 9-5 everyday?
 
@healthgal46 I found if I planned an active day followed by a day of resting it worked very well. Pretty soon the rest days get shorter and shorter.
 
Hi @healthgal46
Hope you are feeling ok. On Friday you thought you might be coming down with a virus. Hope it did not develop in to anything major. Hope you are okay?

Is the job training Mon - Friday on offer? Can it be delayed and done later?

I just realised you are barely 4 weeks since your op - hang on in there - it really does improve!

xx
 
Sorry to hear that you are down. PMS is a bummer! I am reading back through your thread and there is lots of good advice and empathy there. *You may want to review and see how much you really have progressed. Now that the Spring Sunshine and warm temps are here I hope things turn around for you today! :ice:
 
hi everyone well doing good, tomorrow 4 weeks post op. found myself working out good at gym but than on the next day just want to stay home and do some cardio. did treadmill walk and very slow jog and didn't bug me much. but hopefully it wont flare up later. i am ready to hit the spring fever road.
 
Hi @healthgal46
Hope you are feeling ok. On Friday you thought you might be coming down with a virus. Hope it did not develop in to anything major. Hope you are okay?

Is the job training Mon - Friday on offer? Can it be delayed and done later?

I just realised you are barely 4 weeks since your op - hang on in there - it really does improve!

xx

sadly i think i blew the opp to get past the interview process. The job training is after you are hired i believe. i tried reapplying for the job and haven't heard anything yet. i tried calling her that day a few hours out and told her that i can rearrange my appts for the training. so hopefully i will hear back from her soon again and give me a second opportunity. She did leave it at if i am able to free up my time she would love it if i called her back and we can start over again. say prayers everyone! i need money for bills.
 
Hi @healthgal46
Hope you are feeling ok. On Friday you thought you might be coming down with a virus. Hope it did not develop in to anything major. Hope you are okay?

Is the job training Mon - Friday on offer? Can it be delayed and done later?

I just realised you are barely 4 weeks since your op - hang on in there - it really does improve!

xx

lol! sadly it was all related to pms. lol!! but i guess combatting the healing of the hip and pms took a toll on my body but now that is gone. the virus that is!
 
@healthgal46 glad pms is gone!!! Saying a prayer that your search for the right job will soon be successful, and the bills will come right :)


My phone sent this using BoneSmart Forum, clever phone!
 
@healthgal46 I apologize for the tone of some of my previous posts. I sometimes have a hard time understanding your writing and misinterpret their meaning, but I am very interested in your recovery since our ages and surgery dates are pretty close.

I am very concerned for you when I hear you are so active at this point and even jogging on a treadmill. Seeing how I am also 4 weeks post-op and am still walking with a cane and have a good bit of groin pain I can't imagine even trying something like that. In addition, I strongly believe that jogging at all with a THR is a very bad idea, let alone only 1/3 of the way to the 12 week mark which I was told by my surgeon is the time it takes for the bone to fully incorporate into the new implant.

As I posted before, I am a former professional athlete, so I know what working out all day is like since it was my job for a couple decades. And of course I enjoyed it and have stayed very active ever since. But I now have a very healthy respect for my new hip and while I am looking forward to being active again, I will do so in a very responsible manner with the intention to give my new hip the longest life possible. I encourage you to think about that as well.

Best
 
Hi @healthgal46
How has today been - okay?
4 weeks post op. I remember being surprised that I was not completely better by then!
Look after yourself and keep posting x
 
@healthgal46 I apologize for the tone of some of my previous posts. I sometimes have a hard time understanding your writing and misinterpret their meaning, but I am very interested in your recovery since our ages and surgery dates are pretty close.

I am very concerned for you when I hear you are so active at this point and even jogging on a treadmill. Seeing how I am also 4 weeks post-op and am still walking with a cane and have a good bit of groin pain I can't imagine even trying something like that. In addition, I strongly believe that jogging at all with a THR is a very bad idea, let alone only 1/3 of the way to the 12 week mark which I was told by my surgeon is the time it takes for the bone to fully incorporate into the new implant.

As I posted before, I am a former professional athlete, so I know what working out all day is like since it was my job for a couple decades. And of course I enjoyed it and have stayed very active ever since. But I now have a very healthy respect for my new hip and while I am looking forward to being active again, I will do so in a very responsible manner with the intention to give my new hip the longest life possible. I encourage you to think about that as well.

Best

You are not alone with what your surgeon told you. It takes time for the bone to grow into the new implant. He told me to take time to allow that to happen. Walking was fine and was encouraged but no running. My only restriction for life was no running. Of course that was not a real problem LOL.i am a bit older than you though.
 
@healthgal46 I apologize for the tone of some of my previous posts. I sometimes have a hard time understanding your writing and misinterpret their meaning, but I am very interested in your recovery since our ages and surgery dates are pretty close.

I am very concerned for you when I hear you are so active at this point and even jogging on a treadmill. Seeing how I am also 4 weeks post-op and am still walking with a cane and have a good bit of groin pain I can't imagine even trying something like that. In addition, I strongly believe that jogging at all with a THR is a very bad idea, let alone only 1/3 of the way to the 12 week mark which I was told by my surgeon is the time it takes for the bone to fully incorporate into the new implant.

As I posted before, I am a former professional athlete, so I know what working out all day is like since it was my job for a couple decades. And of course I enjoyed it and have stayed very active ever since. But I now have a very healthy respect for my new hip and while I am looking forward to being active again, I will do so in a very responsible manner with the intention to give my new hip the longest life possible. I encourage you to think about that as well.

Best

thank you for the apology and i will listen to my body and i know when i push too far and overdo. Everyone heals and recovers in a different pace and way. I am sure you had a lot more issues being a pro biker but i am doing well and it is my official 4 week post op and i get the low energy days and than some power ful days. which i do push it but not to the point i will be laid up. Again thank you for being so concerned. Have a great day!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
:umm::unsure:
Hi @healthgal46
How has today been - okay?
4 weeks post op. I remember being surprised that I was not completely better by then!
Look after yourself and keep posting x

i am doing awesome, week 4 and doing good, though getting very antsy to get back to jogging, especially with it being so nice out!! ahh! my puppies love running and playing and I just want to join them. i tried trotting outside after my dogs and ohhhh nope!! couldn't do. I have though tried jogging on my treadmill very carefully and it didn't seem to bother me. Anyway, i am and have learned what my body can and cant handle. Now i have been getting tons of calls for employment opps and i am like wow! i am either good at retail merchandiser work or customer service type of jobs. Ideally i would love to do a work at home job with customer service and i actually had 3 companies want to talk to me. i always listen to god, he is my higher power and i am starting to feel that maybe if i do get a work at home job it might be meant to be. I spoke to my dr and asked him if i have any limitations going back to work and he basically said (no squatting, or bending past 90 degrees, or reaching high and not kneeling a long time. so hum!! i was offered a possible merchandiser job for part time but i am deciding do you just go over his head or try and find a new work at home legitimate job. That is what i ideally want because i can make my own hours same as the merchandiser and be free. LOl!
 
Your surgeon is taking an extremely cautious approach to your new hip in saying you cannot bend more than 90 degrees forever. I could see he might not want you to do that for a while, but there really isn't evidence to support that's a problem for hips once they are healed. Odd that he would find that a problem but agree to let you jog.

Oh well, each surgeon has his own way and you must decide what works for you. Just know that there are plenty of people out there who bend and stretch with new hips and have no problems.
 
Hi @healthgal46 I thought you might like to get a snapshot of where you are in the process of healing. The following is a link to an article which provides the current science regarding the healing beneath and around the implant and the medically acknowledged approximate timeframes for the healing phases and processes.

Healing Phases & Nutrition
 
Hi @healthgal46
Sounds like your work ideas are coming to fruition. I bet it will feel good if you get back to doing something you want especially from home. It is good you are in demand! Crazy as it sounds I tried to jog across our kitchen diner yesterday and I could do it - 12 weeks post op though, hadn't tried before.

You are impressive to have got where you are and to be listening to your body at the same time. It is all such a steep learning curve isn't it! Your puppies and my grandson sound similar in effect on us. When he rolled down a hill I wanted to join him but didn't. When he wanted to play "horses" I gave him a ride and then suffered for three days but it was FUN !!

Keep up the good development and look after yourself x
 
I can breathe again when I read your posts now you put you will listen to body more. Re 90 thingy everyone is different this site shows that some peeps moviing with few limitations fime but the occasional disslocation. Its a case of wee steps and increases,

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@healthgal46 Just do me one big favour please. Stick to the 90 degree rule for 6 weeks post op. This is the normal time for the restriction. After that - go for it. Glad you are doing well! Sounds like the employment opportunities are on their way!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom