Guest viewing is limited

THR day 2 post op

Status
Not open for further replies.
:sad::bawl::running::walking::treadmill::treadmill:well employment opps are slowing down boo hoo~ i had or have one job opportunity but it requires me to do squatting down to low shelves, reaching heights, bending and twisting and kneeling for a bit throughout the day. like most jobs require.
But my dr. ugh! said i have limited restrictions and i am like what are they. He basically said i cant do any of the above till i hit my 6 to 8 week post op appt. This is a simple no brainer merchandiser job. i am so sad! i desperately need money to help out with the bills plus i need to get out of the freaking house aside from the gym and walking around.

I also had some interest from another work at home company but they said i am responsible for the cost of the background check, and the training course certificate and i was ready to start but i don't even have any funds in my name or credit cards. So emotionally i am very angry and sad!

Other than that, i am progressing nicely in pt and my own stuff at the gym, though i have increased the incline on the treadmill and noticed that the front of my thighs (the quads are achy and hurt like the devil) as well as the piriformis muscle is tight. My PT said to use your foam roller to break it up and take today off from gym. I did that, well not working out, but did go for a nice walk outside with my pup and did 4.25 miles and had some hills and oh boy! my legs(quads are hurting) I mean Really!!! ugh!!
 
oops! one more thing i need advice i thought i had or could get an earlier appointment, but couldn't get one~ for my post op so i can get started with the job now but the lady of the company said she needs to make sure i am cleared of all restrictions. Do i tell her that i cant get seen until the 27th of April:bawl::shrug::beg: and wait to see if she says i cant wait that long or we can have you start than. this is an easy job and i want it but i am so afraid she wont take that offer!
 
@healthgal re restrictions - many surgeons do not require restrictions at all with no difference in the dislocation rate (search for: Guys Hospital Research Occupational Therapy Hip). BUT the bending twisting etc sounds a recipe for disaster - really don't want to dislocate. You are so ingenious with everything - something employment wise must come your way? x
 
@healthgal46 please wait till you are cleared to do all the bending twisting squatting things. Even if there is a small risk of dislocation, you don't want to add the price of the hospital visit to fix it to your bills!!
@Jaycey who was the guy whose post I saw two hears ago? He wrote a cautionary essay about his experiences at 6 weeks-- he was doing beautifully, took a vacation, went snorkeling or scuba diving, and dislocated on the rough boat ride back to shore? He told in great detail of his awful pain-filled ambulance ride back to civilization-- do you remember who it was? That post should be required reading for all of us!!
Healthgal, you had a flurry of job opportunities-- there ought to be another flurry soon! I learned while helping my son search for automotive jobs that the openings would come in waves.
Keep on truckin'!!


My phone sent this using BoneSmart Forum, clever phone!
 
@healthgal - I am one week later than you -March 23 - and I can't imagine walking that far yet. You are a lot younger than me but are you sure you are not doing too much too soon? Take care of yourself!
Hugs
Diane
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Just checking to see how you are doing . . . amazingly well?

Remember only you can take all the information here, your surgeon's advice and what your body tells you and decide what risks you are willing to assume to get where you want to be. After my first surgery, I impatiently waited and celebrated each milestone (inchstone?). I was so very happy to be able to be back to work so soon (remember, I had to be back working Day 5 reaching and bending and all) and even more ecstatic to get back in the saddle after years of not being able to ride. After second surgery, I was more patient with the incremental achievements but was so anxious to try out riding and was willing to ignore all risks . . . until I read about Megzie's fall from her horse. I was panicked and had loads of tears whether to get back up and risk the fall she took. But, I knew that for me I had to be able to ride and know that I could. Mentally, I needed to reach that milestone.

Again, we (surgeons, family, friends and Bonesmarties) can point out the risks. Only you can decide what risks you need to take to live your life.

So happy to see tho that you are working at celebrating where you are today -- it will get you to where you want to be tomorrow!
 
Just checking to see how you are doing . . . amazingly well?

Remember only you can take all the information here, your surgeon's advice and what your body tells you and decide what risks you are willing to assume to get where you want to be. After my first surgery, I impatiently waited and celebrated each milestone (inchstone?). I was so very happy to be able to be back to work so soon (remember, I had to be back working Day 5 reaching and bending and all) and even more ecstatic to get back in the saddle after years of not being able to ride. After second surgery, I was more patient with the incremental achievements but was so anxious to try out riding and was willing to ignore all risks . . . until I read about Megzie's fall from her horse. I was panicked and had loads of tears whether to get back up and risk the fall she took. But, I knew that for me I had to be able to ride and know that I could. Mentally, I needed to reach that milestone.

Again, we (surgeons, family, friends and Bonesmarties) can point out the risks. Only you can decide what risks you need to take to live your life.

So happy to see tho that you are working at celebrating where you are today -- it will get you to where you want to be tomorrow!


Hi Me2 thanks for checking in, i am doing good, I may be taking some daring steps too fast against my drs advice but again i know what my body can handle and what it cant. I am so though anxious to get outside and start jogging again. It has been so nice out the last few days and seeing other peeps out there is killing me. I can say this much i tried trotting to the store from my car and what like a couple hundred feet LOL! and nope i didn't feel pain but my leg i could feel the pounding on the leg and joint so i was like STOP!! which i did but bumming. I am going on the treadmill to attempt to do my 4 mile walk and i have tried doing some light jogging and haven't felt a lot of pain. It is amazing at how jogging on a treadmill vs outside is so much different.

I am going to be 5 weeks out as of Monday and feel like i am getting stronger each day!! i have my 6 week post op apt with my dr coming up the end of this month. Normally he stated that he has his patients coming back at 8 weeks but he said, since you are so determined and motivated i am bringing you in at 6 weeks. I am doing well in PT twice a week till probably the end of May. I asked my PT when i can get back to jogging and she is like most people are told not for a year, and I am like! NOT!! lol!! well that is all for now. I wont be on here much more, just think it isn't for me anymore.

I thank everyone for all your support and advice though.
 
  • Friendly
Reactions: Me2
Hi @healthgal46
You are great, a rare person who decides they have outgrown bone smart and tells the forum rather than fading away. We are all so so different. I wish you all the best with a future that you wish for x
 
so i am sad i took a small fall yesterday and landed on my healing hip on the butt and today i am feeling pain in the buttock and under the buttock area. Not sure if i bugged the Piriformis muscle or what very stiff and when walking i feel it and when going up the stairs ouch! so resting it today and praying i didn't do damage.
 
@healthgal46 ..... I have moved your latest post to your recovery thread. It was off topic when posted in someone else's recovery thread.

I'm sure your fall didn't damage your hip. These new joints are very, very tough. But, you likely made a lot of soft tissue angry. It's the same story as you've been through....rest, ice, take something for the pain and it will get better with some time.
 
Cheery thoughts over to you @healthgal46, hope you can take the time to rest up and be extra kind to yourself. As a naturally very clumsy person, it worries me about falling when I am not concentrating, and am going to be as vigilant as possible (for a ditz who is usually covered in shin and other bruises at the best of times!). We are human beings, can't help being fallible. :cool:
 
Ouch! I am sorry! Jamie said it all, regarding treatment. Look at it this way-- even without a new hip, you'd probably be a bit stiff and sore. I hope otherwise all is going well and you're enjoying the spring sunshine!!


My phone sent this using BoneSmart Forum, clever phone!
 
I think a fall is everyone's big worry but it probably has to be a very hard fall to do real damage. The body is an amazing healer. Hope you are feeling better now.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @healthgal46
Sorry to here about your fall ... our worse nightmare but @zauberflöte 's point about you would probably hurt yourself new hip or not is probably true. My significant over use of hip on Sunday afternoon took until Weds night to show improvement by which time my worse fear were running round in my head But today all is well. hope same happens for you. x
 
Best wishes also from me, and I hope you won't be in pain due to yor fall for too long Good luck also finding a job. Love from Constanze
 
:dancy::running::treadmill:hi Everyone wow! 6 weeks post op on a THR and kicking butt. Got my 6 week post op visit with my doctor and he said everything is healing nicely, though i tripped over my cat and was fearing that i did something bad due to some pain in my pelvic region and outer thigh i had no damage. I am loving the freedom, though i am still stiff in the morning and when sitting or lying down too long but i started light running or jogging on my treadmill but kicking butt feels good, and still walking too. I know i have to take it slow and i am doing so. I hope i continue to progress. Have a wonderful weekend!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom