THR day 2 post op

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best wishes also from me, and I hope you won't be in pain due to yor fall for too long Good luck also finding a job. Love from Constanze


well i am doing good, pain has subsided and no damage, went for my 6 week post op and nicely healing. I just got offered 2 part time jobs in the merchandising field and have been cleared to work, yeah! i get to set most of my own hours and days and i get out of the house more aside from the gym. LOL! i am praying that everything in my life is going to turn around for the best!
 
You sound so very happy!! You are recovering well, AND the employment situation looks promising. Good to hear your voice :)


My phone sent this using BoneSmart Forum, clever phone!
 
Hi @healthgal46 ,that's excellent news. I' m so happy for you. But take care and don't spoil the good progress. No falls and don't bend the new device crooked. good luck for your future and your efforts finding a new job.
 
Hi @healthgal46
Hope all is well with you. Is the healing continuing? And job/s in the pipeline?
I am aching after working in the garden but it is a pain that I can put up with for the joy of gardening! x
 
So happy to see you are healing all around ....... And with job offers, too!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hey how are you doing? Hope all is well for you. Glad to hear your healing. And job yay you...
 
Wow its been months since I was last on so I thought I would say hi. I am almost 5 mnths out from a THR and never been happier. I started back jogging or running whatever the difference is about 6 weeks out or so and took it slow and now working on doing 5 to 5.5 MLS I stopped doing my exercises for the stabilizer muscles and not good. I am starting back up on them. These muscles get weak very quickly if not trained regularly. Hope all is well w everyone!
 
You were jogging and running at 6 weeks? Wow. Not sure what else to say but wow. I was very active presurgery but wouldn't dream of doing that. I was even scolded here for being in pt. Good for you! Best wishes.
 
Glad things worked out well for you and hope you continue to enjoy your new hip. While your recovery philosophy isn't one we recommend, we do recognize that it can work for some people.
 
By the way, @healthgal46 I merged this latest update into your recovery thread so all your information remains together. Please let me know if you prefer a different thread title. You can tag me here in your thread.
 
Hi @healthgal46 . Nice to hear from you. I had my OP onn 20 April and am also very pleased with my new hip. I can swim 1.5 km non-stop and cycle to work (21 km one way). I went back to work full-time at 6 weeks. You see in Germany they pay the full salary after an employee has called in sick and after that they stop. Then you only get a sort of sick benefit which is around 70% of the salary I think. I was ok working at 6 weeks though - I only have a desk job - I'm a translator. What kind of work do you do?
Amazing you started running/Jogging after 6 weeks. I also tried some light jogging after 13 weeks - just very lightly and slowly and 1 km at a time in the forest near my work in the lunch hour. I jogged and walked in turns to make up about 5 km altogether, and made sure I didn't heal-strike (but middle foot). How many km/miles did you do at a time when you first started running again?
Good luck and enjoy your sports activities - Keep well and take care. Warm regards from a - currently very sunny - Rhine-Main area (near Frankfurt), Germany
Constanze
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom