THR Czak's hip recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now there's a cautionary tale! Scary for you and for us all. It's difficult to remember what we still shouldn't do when we are able to do so much. Frightening incidents like this are reminders that our bodies are not 100% recovered for quite a while, no matter how good we feel.

Many thanks for sharing.
BB
 
Just glad it's over and I know why it happened. I will be more careful from now on. Haven't heard from my OS, yet. Will let you know what he says if and when he ever gets back to me.
 
UGH, IT HAPPENED AGAIN!!
So now I am being careful and it happened again! My hip subluxated while sitting on the steps of my pool. My legs were not bent; they were practically straight on the descending steps. My daughter was (thankfully) with me. She helped me up. I could not bear ANY weight on the operated hip so her boyfriend had to carry me out of the pool. While he was carrying me with my legs dangling, we both felt the huge POP and my hip re-seated itself. Once again, I called my doctor's office and left a message. I checked my email and found that he had responded to yesterday's email about the first incident. He called it a subluxation and said to try not to do anything with external rotation and to avoid sitting in situations that caused the first incident. @Josephine you were right on target with your analysis. But I am getting worried about the recurrence of this event and what happens if it subluxates while I am driving??
 
Last edited by a moderator:
How frightening for you! After two subluxations, I think your OS needs to see you. This is just not right and he needs to get this sorted out for you.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
 
@czak57 how scary and painful. I'm so sorry this is happening to you

Please take care and follow up with your OS. One of our other members had similar issues and it resulted in more surgery ill tag her for you @Michelle1976

Be careful!!!!
 
I am worried about the hip's instability and also about the possibility of wearing out the cup rim with these subluxations. Is that possible? And I certainly do not want any more surgery!
 
I don't know about that, but I'm sure the emotional toll of this is huge for you. @Josephine or @Orthodoc might be able to comment on whether your implant could be damaged by repeated subluxations.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
 
@cazak57 - I've just replied to your personal message. I hope it helps, although I think the only thing for you to do is keep on at your Consultant - tell him how concerned you are for reoccurrence --- mine in the end was due to excess fluid (which they only discovered when they replaced the hip again!)
I do hope you don't suffer further & that your confidence is restored. Be sure not to make any severe bending movements & try & have some physio to build the muscles around that area. Please see my PM & feel free to ask any questions. Much love & healing vibes coming your way xx


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
@czak57 Do try to get in to see your OS, as others have urged. You need to know what is going on!

Peace and love to you.
 
6 WEEKS POST OP

I am doing well, walking without a cane. I stopped all pain meds. I have not had any more incidences of hip subluxation, which is a good thing. Two new milestones for me are: Walking a full mile around our neighborhood and tying my shoes! I am going on a cruise the beginning of next month and see my surgeon mid-June for a check-up and x-rays. Things are looking up!
 
Great post!! Glad to hear that you haven't had any more subluxations.
 
3 Months Post Op Tomorrow

Well, things are going so well that I have forgotten to post my recovery data! OOPS, sorry! I have not had any more incidences of subluxations and the doctor said that it should not be a concern as my hip muscles continue to strengthen and the hip capsule tightens. He did not take x-rays but will do so at my next appointment in September. I start back to work in August (I am an elementary teacher) and I am not really looking forward to it as I have enjoyed my time off.

I put on my own socks and shoes today! I went to the gym and rode an elliptical bike for 35 minutes and walked up/down 11 flights of stairs (like a big girl and not like a baby!!!). That is a huge milestone for me! Also, I have added swimming with flippers to my exercise regime. The flippers really seem to work my leg muscles more than just swimming alone.

All in all, I am extremely pleased with my progress. The next big milestone for me is to be able to dress the lower half of my body without sitting down on the bed (ex: underwear, bathing suit, shorts, pants). I would also like to ditch the potty chair and shower chair soon. Patience, all in good time.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom