THR Crossing over to my new beginning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @barbaranna ...washing the windows...no wonder you are sore.

I just want to follow on with everyone else's advice and tell you that your recovery is normal. Also what approach did your Dr do? If it was posterior you shouldn't be driving until 6 weeks and if you have an accident, the insurance won't cover you if you weren't released by the DR

At just a month out I would still be taking regular Tylenol etc to allow your body to recover....but of course you will do what you see best.

Good luck with the rest of your recovery
 
Wow @barbaranna! No cane and driving?? I'm happy to hear you are doing so well! I thought I was doing pretty well until your update! :sorry:

I am still taking the cane with me for stability or if I start to get tired when I'm out, but today we covered a couple of garden centers and walked for 2.5 hours straight and I didn't use it but leaned on a shopping cart a bit as I started to get tired.

Not driving yet although I think I could with no problem. My OS said he didn't want me to drive until my 6 week follow up with him which is May 7th. I think that's too long but I'm very lucky my Mom has been right there for me wherever I have needed to go. Next Thursday is her birthday and I'm certainly not gonna have her take me shopping for her own presents, so I've done most of her shopping online. Frustrating but it won't be much longer now I hope.

Still have an occasional day with pretty significant pain down the thigh. I took a half of a Percocet last nite so I could get to sleep. That was my first pain pill in a week. Managed all the shopping today with Aleve.

Washed windows? Really? I think that's too much for you to be trying to do!

So good to hear your great update! :flwrysmile:
Pam
 
[Bonesmart.org] Crossing over to my new beginning
@AndisMom, could be your OS knows that his patients will go out and overdo if he allows driving earlier than 6 weeks---kinda forces you to rest more than you might.
 
anterior approach and yes I am still sore and can tell when I do to much so I just cut back don't like the swelling feeling and the tightness though and I swear by the Celebrex he has me on. I believe I would be on more pain meds if I weren't on that
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom