THR Crossing over to my new beginning

Status
Not open for further replies.
didn't work out as well as I thought.It was told I was only in there for about an hour and he was done. Was suppose to go home on Tuesday but just got home This minute on Thursday and with oxygen. They could not keep my level up so I had to go home with it afer checking for a blood clot in the lungs. I feel dizzy drunk like feeling all the time . I was on morphine, tramadol, and oxycodone and then they took me off everything except the tramadol. I am not just a happy puppy right now!!
 
@barbaranna Sorry that things have started out on a rough note. Hope things start to improve for you. I am sure there will be someone posting soon that has more experience than I do and can give you some insight. In the meantime rest, ice and elevate. We are here for you!!
 
@barbaranna (((HUGS))) go out to you!
The good news is that you are home now. They wouldn't have released you if there was a concern!
Remember that everybody has a different recovery story and timeframe.
We are here for you to share with! Please keep us posted so we can help in any way.
:friends:
 
@barbaranna I'm glad you are home! I'm sure the extra time was worth it if they got all your numbers stable. My BP was quite low most of the time in hospital ... Guess all the meds were causing that and the OS was. Of concerned.

They took you off everything but Tramadol? I would have had a fit because that doesn't help me at all. Im taking 1 hydrocodone (can take 2 but just taking 1 every 4 hours) . The hydro causes a headache but I need it for the pain so I can move around, so I asked the discharge nurse if I could create my own combo which is working like a miracle! I'm taking 1 hydrocodone plus 1 of the Walgreens headache pills that just has Tylenol and caffeine and that's helping control the headache and pain at the same time. I'm a very happy camper!

Post updates as you feel like you can. Thinking about you!
 
@barabaranna. Sorry things didn't go as well as they could have done....hoping that now you are home you can start your recovery better......perhaps the meds made you feel dizzy which is why they took you off them....think you will need more than tramadol? Low BP made me really dizzy after the op too. Hoping you feel better in a few days .....thinking of you....Chrissie xxx
 
I don't know how I am suppose to feel actually. I feel terrible. Yes I am just taking 50 mg of Tramadol every 6 hrs and had to come home with oxygen. Something about some sort of airways in the lungs on the right side shows collapsed and they think that that may cause the dizzy and upset stomach feeling. Although I am on oxygen pain meds and still feel that dizziness and upset stomach feeling on occasion. I cant' lift my right leg up as if I had no control over it. Is it suppose to be that way? I do know what they mean by log leg now though!!!!I'm just hoping it will get better every day. Hard to do stuff by yourself though. I really need to shower I just don't have the energy for it
 
@barbaranna Sorry you are feeling badly. I couldn't lift my leg at all for a few days. It will get better. It is too bad you don't have someone to help out in these early days. Just take it easy, rest as much as possible, don't try to do much!
 
@barbaranna So sorry you are still feeling bad. I had that feeling with my leg as well and it got better after about a week or so. Everyone is different as you know but I know it does get better with time. All those muscles have to get over the surgery and being pushed and pulled on. Continue to rest ice and elevate and it will get better.
 
@barbaranna. ..I hope I find you feeling a bit better. Sorry to hear of your rough start...as to your question on how are you supposed to feel? Well not great..at least for now. ..I didn't have the issues you are dealing with but what I do know is this surgery takes a lot out of you. My first week was awful, and I came home with no complications. My blood pressure was terribly low to during my hospital stay. Here I am 5:00 am....woke up in pain...took my pain pill...feeling comfortable. I am 3 weeks out of surgery and as you can see its an uphill road....yesterday I felt good...probably did to much...the log leg will take a little time..and yes it's tough to do stuff for yourself. So for now just rest and ice. As for showering when I got home I couldn't shower. We have one bath and I have a claw foot tub...lol forget that. I had to be driven to my daughter's who has a walk in shower...lol...believe me...when I first got home the sink was my tub..lol..don't worry about a shower..resting is more beneficial to you than bubbles....this recovery thing is hard...for everyone....it does get better though really it does. The problem is you can't push it though. Your body is on its way to healing. ...hang in there. :)

Sent from my LG-P769 using Tapatalk
 
@barbaranna Do you have adequate pain control with what you are taking? IF not, call your OS and tell him to fix it. You shouldn't be having a lot of pain. Your body needs the pain control to heal. I was on oxycontin for the first week or so and hydrocodone after that. The weakness and exhaustion you feel is normal, at least it was for me. I did as little as possible the first week or two. Do you have someone coming in to help you? I found it very comforting to me to have my DIL stay with me a couple days after the first surgery. Don't worry about that shower. I was afraid to get in the shower without someone else in the house, in case I fell or had trouble getting out. My shower in over the tub, so had to lift legs over the rim of the tub, which wasn't easy early on. Don't even try it if you don't feel strong enough. It will wait.

I didn't have dizziness, really, but just very sleepy and exhausted feeling. Just try to rest as much as you can. Sleep helps healing. And DO eat. You need the food for healing; it also helps with the sort of upset stomach feeling. I had a little of that, but not too much.

I"m keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Love,

Milli
 
@barbaranna .......Oh girl sorry you are having some complications, hopefully they will all sort themselves out. I had very low bp at the hospital and at home. I didn't have the log legs everyone talked about. You do need to eat something, I still have no appetite, but have been craving bagels! So I have been eating bagels, because most everything else makes me want to throw up. I didn't have the luxury of pain meds due to my allergies, just cried a lot and tried to tough it out, but today 22 days out I am happy to say that I am so much better then before my surgery. It does get better and some of us seem to get there a wee bit quicker than some, but as they say it is not a race, just each body does what it has to do to heal and recover. Take care my friend and feel better soon.
 
Sorry to hear you are having a tough time @barbaranna please make sure you are on enough pain meds as suggested.

I found exhaustion the hardest part of the hip replacement and the first week home I pretty much did nothing except shower, rest and walk to kitchen or toilet and back.

Please remember we are here to support you

Take care
 
@AndisMom Hi How you doing? Seen you had a pretty good start of recovery. Mine is going ok I guess . Slow but ok. I haven't had a cigarette since I went in for the surgery and that is amazing for me!!

The problem I have now is I can't sit still. My hip that is the new one is soooooo restless I just can't lay or sit still and don't know what to do about it. I think I said they sent me home on Thursday instead of Tues because my oxygen level would not stay up as it should but now it is ok . It must have been all the meds that I was on. I was dizzy and queasy all the . So they sent me home with Tramadol 50 mg and that was it. I asked for hydrocodone and they gave it to me but it makes me feel spacey even on a small dose. They are putting me on Celebrex tomorrow.

No stitches or staples just glued incision and the Dr took the bandage off today. I just don't know what to do for my leg that is so restless. I have to wear the teds and cant stand them. Wish I could take them off just for a few hours but I know I couldn't put them on alone and not sure when someone will show up at my home.

Talk to you later . anyone have any ideas for restless leg problems or has had such a thing. I told the Dr and the assistant just brushed it off and said sleeping is the hardest part
 
It is so good to hear from you @barbaranna! You are doing well and you've made great progress from your last post! Sounds like you are not tolerating the meds (like myself) which has caused me to slow or stop taking them way too soon and now the pain is causing me sleepless nites. I am going to try taking the hydrocodone only at bedtime and see if that helps me sleep but lets me be more alert during the day.

I am doing the daily blood thinner injections and still wear the TEDS but not all the time...doing my ankle and leg stretches and so far no signs of clotting which is good.

For your restless leg, I would think there should be a solution to that and would ask my OS until they offer something. One of the admins on here or someone else may have had this experience and could help more than me. It sounds miserable though and not something I would think you should ignore.

I am delighted to hear you have been able to keep the smoking at bag too! What a huge accomplishment with the recovery at the same time. I am honestly not sure I could handle both huge challenges together like that so you deserve congratulations for sure!

Hope each day is better for you! After my little bout with the blues today, I am ready to tackle what comes next..

Hang in there! We can do this!
Pam
 
they sent me home with Tramadol 50 mg and that was it
Tell me how you are taking the Tramadol - how many mgs at a time and how often. Are you taking any other meds for pain?
I just don't know what to do for my leg that is so restless. I have to wear the teds and cant stand them. Wish I could take them off just for a few hours
I ditched my TEDs at 4 days. It's your decision whether to wear them or not and you are not going to drop down dead just because you're not! They probably don't work anyway and in your case, they are probably responsible for your restless legs. You're plenty active so take'm off!
 
@Josephine I take tramadol 50 mg every 6 hrs but have been spacing the time longer and no just Tylenol in between. they are going to put me on Celebrex and that should be today just because he puts everyone on it.It is only in the operated leg that it happens and boy it doesn't let up . I have not taken my teds off yet because there is no one to help me put them on later. only when I had a shower and then right back on
 
Hi @barbaranna Just wanted to pop in and send you some well wishes for your recovery.
I hope you get something to relieve your restless leg.
:sad:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom