Guest viewing is limited

THR Craftdee's Made It Through

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everybody
Well first of all... the party was a huge success!! :wowspring:
The weather was perfect, there was so much going on; I even had my face painted, and a rose made from balloons! I also learned I'm no good at Croquet or Quoits, pretty good at Giant Connect 4 and not up to speed yet for the egg and spoon or sack race (should have been a "Joint Replacement" category, I'd have won hands down :loll:) Mind you, hubby's competetive streak came out, he actually got rope burns from the tug of war... and telling him he's too long in the tooth for the three legged race has led to serious muscle issues today:groan:
The cake went down a treat, I have attached a photo of it... the Ringmaster is holding a scaled down copy of the invitation.
Of course I overdid it, @LaxMom... I wore heels for the first time since the op (not fancy pointy ones but 2" wedges, more practical on the grass at the park) so I felt like a "grown up", lol. I managed to keep them on for about 3 hours, I went barefoot for some of the time and wore "flats" for the rest; the problem was that there was quite a steep slope from where we parked the car to the gazebo/area that the party was in, and even the party area itself was on a slope: I could not believe how tired and sore I was at the end of the day; the last two trips up and down I had to use the cane :cry: but I feel I did well as we got down there at 1pm and didn't get home until 9pm by the time we helped clean up.
We dropped my Mum and Dad off, came back, I sat on the couch while hubby made a drink to go to bed on... and I was out before he got it in to the lounge. I had my laptop on my lap (all ready to give my BoneSmarties an update), my mouse on my chest and my head on the arm of the sofa - I sit with my back to the arm so my legs are along the sofa... it works better when you DON'T have to use a wedge cushion, but apparently exhaustion overcomes the inconvenience:rotfl:
We, hubby and a labourer - I was a good girl (substitute knackered girl:heehee:) and supervised - finally put the new turf down today (they cleared the area on Friday, turf arrived too late in the day and the party took care of yesterday) I watered it in with the hose for about three hours - and would you believe.... I'm sore again tonight! No slopes, no heels, just STANDING there with the hose and my butt feels like it's gonna drop off (wish, lol) ... must be some residue from yesterday. Oh, and I'm a bit sunburnt. I never get sunburnt - we're very sun conscious but the breeze was wafting, the water made it feel cool and I was standing in the sun the whole time so it's lucky I'm not red raw:rolleyes: Both hubby and sons burn, I am lucky I have my Mum's sort of skin as my Dad and sister also burn, Fiona only has two colours; white and red:rotfl:
Anyway, I'll add a pic or two when I get the energy to check out hubby's phone (I only took three, of the twins and one of Chris with his cake and speech) In the meantime here's the pic I took at home before we took the cake down, it was before it's final "clean up" but you get the drift
The coincidences go on and on, Sharon... my sister (who came up from the bush during the early weeks of my recovery to do some sewing with/for me) is now an AVID quilter!! She used to have a ceramic studio, got a Folk Art teacher in, I went along for some lessons, learned to love it, started teaching it, one of my students did scrapbooking, I got interested in that, which led to me finding cardmaking... which is my current passion. I'll send the link to your Mum's quilt (which is lovely, btw) to Fiona... she'll appreciate the level of skill involved, I'm sure:curtsey:
I'll be back tomorrow, it's late now. I was supposed to put a card for one of the Design Teams I'm on up on my Craft Blog yesterday, too busy for the first time ever! I was thinking of doing it now, but I've come and visited you guys instead, and it's 12pm on a school night so I may just have to do it tomorrow.
I hope you all have a restful and pain free day/night
[Bonesmart.org] Craftdee's Made It Through

Donna xx
 
That cake is adorable! I can not imagine how much work went into it. You are truly talented. BTW, my mom did not make the quilt in the link. I just wanted to find one like hers. I was hoping she would have something on the Internet since she used to win prizes, but could not find anything. I will have to take pictures the net time I go to her house - which could be a while (sigh!)

Rest up! You certainly deserve it.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Very nice! Party sounds like such a grand time!
 
Cake is amazing @craftdee & the party sounded great!! Now it's time to have a day's rest ....just laying down & icing...!!! X


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Well, I haven't dropped off the edge of the planet... I've been "dropping" into other people's threads:heehee:

Not a lot changes with my recovery, it's a waiting game really:sigh:; I have to wait until restrictions are lifted until I can "test" my new hip, I'm hoping that's the reason I'm still pretty stiff... and that once I can bend and stretch fully I'll feel less achy. It's not the all-over achiness I had last week and before (which is good), but my leg and lower back are still pretty stiff/sore. We went to a Farm School with the twins (oh, and their parents!) for Sunday breakfast yesterday, it wasn't that far around but I found I was so sore and taking tiny steps, okay, limping! by the end. It certainly felt like regression! I haven't been limping, but this didn't feel far off pre-op discomfort!:gaah:

I took painkillers, 2 x 625mg Paracetemol, but they only took the edge off. I might ask @Josephine if it could be that I'm "missing" the Mobic I was taking pre-surgery, it didn't do much for the hip by the end, but maybe it was relieving all the other aches (?) One of the reasons I had this op (apart from the joint collapsing, lol) was to' "get off" Mobic, but maybe I could take it at least when things get this bad (?):what:

We went shopping after breakfast, couldn't get in for our weekly massage (would have had to go back 2 hours later, things to do at home so no massage this week!) and I could hardly walk by the time we got home.

I just can't work it out, I'm better about it today, but I was well down yesterday afternoon! We did some bits in the garden as I was stiff just sitting anyway, thought moving around may help, I think it did (well it wasn't "gardening", I cleaned the pool, and pool area, did some watering, hubby did wheelbarrow repairs for work; the bane of our lives - I've been given a respite from it for a few months as it's awkward to do... any day now hubby's going to realize I'm able again) :bolt:

We went for a swim in the early evening and while I was really stiff through the hip when I first got in, I really loosened up after ten minutes of moving through the water... was a bit stiff later in the evening (so was worried I'd overdone it, or it wasn't the right decision to go in) and fine this morning; so I'm typing this sitting in my bathers waiting for my washing to finish so I can hang it out then have a swim. That being said, I think it's cooler now than when I got up - it's only about 22C which is usually way too cool for me to swim, but the water feels nice and warm. I'll give it a go and if it frees up the hip and my back a bit I'll definitely factor it in to my busy daily schedule, well I'll TRY :loll:

It's great that I can drive again, I'm not doing much but it is nice to know it's available... plus 'tis the season so I've got to get on to my Christmas shopping; I'm usually just about done by now, so it feels a little rushed. I know there's plenty of time, it's just different to my normal pattern.

I have my next (and last scheduled) Physio appointment on Friday; I'm not sure what the situation will be there as I'm not cleared of restrictions technically until 26 December, and don't have my 12 week appointment until 18 Dec (which is 11 weeks!) so I don't know if they'll give me some exercises to increase my ROM or whether they'll be unwilling to do so without clearance from my OS, what a conundrum!! :scratch: I'm hoping they'll give me SOMETHING to increase my range, I just feel like I'm rusting up!

It feels very much like I'm bogged down in the recovery process too... so while intellectually I know that after the 12 week mark I should be able to start doing my daily activities in a "normal" way, viscerally I feel like right now is as good as it's going to get - and to be honest, it's not that good. True, there's less pain than before the op, but it's still not looking like a value-for-money, reward-for-effort situation... I feel like I've put in 10 and got out 3! I'm not whining, it is what it is, and there is less pain than pre-op, but I am having a real rethink about the other hip which the OS has said will need doing; luckily that decision doesn't have to be made as urgently as it did for this hip... there's nearly four years between my sons because I wasn't sure whether to "go for it" again after the problems I had first time, I probably don't have four years this time - but maybe this feeling will be forgotten among the euphoria of the fully-functioning-pain-free-hip feeling I'll have by "decision time" - you can but hope:beg:

I'm not in a bad place head wise (I suffer from depression, so that's a pretty big deal, and I'm very happy about it) and I'm not counselling anyone else against the op either, quite the contrary, as there are so many real success stories here and they can't ALL be fibbing:snork: also if having the op sooner than later means you're able to have a less complex surgery resulting in NOT having restrictions for so long, I think that in itself is a definite reason for going ahead. I'm just getting impatient to feel 'real' benefits that's all, and Bonesmart's the place you can air such random thoughts (without getting the sigh/look) and expect an educated response - when I say "response" I don't mean peeps typing comforting thoughts, which is always nice:) I mean them actually appreciating what you're talking about.

Anyway, enough about me, it's going cloudy now... which means it will feel warm out of the pool as well as in, so time to go

Have a happy, healing day/night wherever you are:cool:
 
I just got all caught up on your thread @craftdee. Love the cakes. Adorable. :thumb:I too have been helping on other threads. You are doing great. I have a PT appointment Friday as well. I have been great about walking. I have not been so great about doing the PT exercises. Hmmmm. :what: I do feel my range of motion is good though. I want to swim. :swim: I still have a scab at the end of my incision that has not healed. I am getting frustrated with it. It is deep though so I know I must wait. Sometimes patience is quite difficult. Hopefully some of your restrictions get lifted. That must be frustrating. So happy you are doing well overall. I can't beleive you did heels. I am chicken. :shocked:
 
Hi there @craftdee
Well, in my reckoning you are only 7/8 weeks post op & believe me there is still an awful lot of recovery to go.......after the first 4 or so weeks recovery hits a bit of a plateau & it is measured in months rather than weeks. Sorry!!
Please don't think that you are not doing well......you are for sure.....but you went for breakfast, did some shopping, cleaned the pool, went for a swim.....and then you wonder why it hurts?!!? You are still very much healing....you must have read...it's slow & steady and whoever told you that at 12 weeks you would be 'back to normal'? You will be better..but normal still takes some time!! You will still have 'stiff' days but ordinary walking...stepping out does help. You don't need loads of exercises.
Please don't get down about it....your body is still healing and your mind is still catching up on that. Even when they lift the restrictions it's not a magic panacea.....you will still be in the healing process......and walking and normal day to day stuff plus the swimming will be way enough to keep that hip going!!
Honestly, you seem to be right where you should be........I alternated between ' I'm glad I had this done' to ' Why did I do this' to the forgotten hip....but it took me a good 6 months to truly get there.
You will soon forget that you had any restrictions at all.....I had 12 weeks as I had a small prosthesis but I can honestly say I soon forgot all that stuff. I got down too...I think it's a normal reaction to all the pain & anxiety pre op.....thinking after the op that everything will just ' be better' straight away....and of course, the trauma & strain the op puts on the body.
You've kept us truly entertained during your time here on BS.....you have a great spirit.....that will get you through this.
Hoping you have a much better day....we are having a mild winter in the UK so far...a bit wet...so envying your 22 degrees!
Take care honey....take it slow.....xxxx


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
@craftdee I hope you don't mind but I put extra spacing in your post as in my old age, I am finding it very difficult to read condensed blocks of text. :old:

I took painkillers, 2 x 625mg paracetamol, but they only took the edge off. I might ask @Josephine if it could be that I'm "missing" the Mobic I was taking pre-surgery
The only thing you're missing, sweetheart, is sensible pain meds! No matter the dose, paracetamol only lasts in the system for 4-6 hours so taking it twice a day doesn't do it. You would be better taking 1,000mg 4 times a day.
Try that and see if it helps.
so I don't know if they'll give me some exercises to increase my ROM or whether they'll be unwilling to do so without clearance from my OS, what a conundrum!! :scratch: I'm hoping they'll give me SOMETHING to increase my range, I just feel like I'm rusting up!

Guess what - here are my questions! :wink: :)

I'm going to ask you some questions and it would be very helpful if you would answer each one individually - numbered as I have done - in as much detail as you can then I'll come back as see where you are ....

1. what approach did you have for your surgery? Anterior, posterior, lateral? You can look here to see the various types THR approaches or incisions

2. what are your pain levels right now? (remember the 1-10 scale: 1 = no pain and 10 = the worst you can imagine. And don't compare this with the bone-on-bone pain you had before surgery!
[Bonesmart.org] Craftdee's Made It Through
)
Also don't forget to include other forms of pain such as soreness, burning, stabbing, throbbing, aching, swelling and stiffness

3. what pain medications have you been prescribed, how much are you taking (in mg please) and how often?

4. what is your activity level? What do you do in the way of housework, cooking, cleaning, shopping, etc., and

5. what kind of PT exercises and exercises at home are you doing? How much and how often? (and detailed details would be appreciated, please! **Reps, sets and sessions** and all that)

** If you're not familiar with this, it goes like so:
1 lift of your leg = 1 rep (repetition)
5 reps and then a brief rest = 1 set
5 sets and finishing = 1 session.
 
@craftdee, I am reaching across the distance to hug you, my dear one. I am glad you just got it all out. If that is how you feel, then you know you can say it to us. You got some great advice from @Hoppy Nanny and surely better than what I could offer. I know we have talked many times about how surgery just has us running on empty and when there is nothing left, there is truly nothing left. Seems like you are hitting one of those times, and no wonder with how active you are. I hope you went for that swim, loosened that joint, and begin to feel better.

With my knee, I have asked myself many times why I did this to myself , and then I remind myself it is just 3 weeks for me. But it is hard to go through so much and then to not feel better. One thing I do is make a journal every week to list all the things I can do that I could not do the week before. That and rereading my thread helps me focus on how far I have come, and not on how far I have to go. Anyway, you know all this. I am just here to say that I get what you are saying, I am here for you and wish I could give you a hug. You hang in there girl friend. @Hoppy Nanny is right, you have more spirit than any of us combined. Rely on that. You have been through so much in your life but here you are making us all laugh, doing so much for your family, you just exude love. It will all come back to you, I promise. :loveshwr::loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
Well thanks for your replies ladies... I have "answered" each of you in turn, so you can skip to that if you want, I wont even know:rofsign:
I really wasn't whining, I just "am" at the moment where I "am"... if you know what I mean! I went for a swim, and it really did take only about ten minutes for the joint to loosen up... I did a good bit of frog kicking and took the opportunity to do my stretches (Quad and Hamstring) while I was in there... the buoyancy really helps make it a more comfortable proposition:cool: I could just say I did about 30 laps, and that would sound really impressive... but it's only a 7m (about 25') long pool so - not that impressive:rotfl: I took a pic while I was in, and given that I am Little Miss Clumsy you should appreciate the risk I took with having my phone that close to water. Thought I'd share... just to make all those of you who CAN touch their toes (and all the things I can't) but are having crappy weather just a little bit jealous:loll:
[Bonesmart.org] Craftdee's Made It Through


@xtina16405 , glad you liked the cake :wink: and the heels... don't be afraid, 'twas easy; I actually found the adjustment to flat shoes hard as (being a short, hum, bottom) I wear some sort of heel most of the time. Now these weren't ridiculous heels, about 2" wedges so, sensible for me! I don't "do" PT either, really a bit overrated if you ask me... I'm doing just about my normal routine daily and I figure that's busy enough... I only do the stretches because they help with the discomfort I'm getting in those muscles :cool:

I probably didn't make it clear @Hoppy Nanny ... I was that sore right from the get go yesterday; if I'd done all that and THEN got sore it would have made more sense, I would have thumped myself in the head uttering DUH, and promised myself (in vain:nah:) not to do it again... but from the first step out of bed I was as stiff/sore/tight as I've ever been, so probably a bit frustrated at not knowing what instigates it. I actually felt better after the time in the garden, it was pretty light work and moving seemed less onerous than sitting:what: and don't worry... as I said to Xtina - I don't "do" PT as it seems superfluous

@Josephine Thanks for getting back to me, I've spaced my post out just for you:giggle: I could I suppose just "do" less text, but I do like to be thorough... and chatty :yahoo::

1) Posterior

2)Right now pain is less than 1, when it's "bad" like yesterday the stiff/sore/ache/burn reaches 3+ sometimes 4+

3)I'm at 8.5 weeks post op... I'm prescribed nothing, I'm taking Panadol Osteo (Paracetemol 625mg) x2 in the morning, four hourly if I need it (I don't usually) and to go to bed (I do usually). Yesterday it hardly touched the pain. Pre-op I had Mobic (Meloxicam) 15mg once a day (I have a stash still), it didn't do much for the hip (but the joint, we now know had begun to collapse, so no surprise there) but my other arthritic joints did benefit from it... I didn't know this until I stopped taking it! I was wondering if, in your professional opinion, I would benefit from taking it again until this pain/disomfort settles down or (as "getting off" the NSAIDs was one reason to HAVE the op) I should use something else - my current discomfort is definitely not in the hip joint (my knees, spine, hands and feet are complaining, but I can deal with that) it feels muscular or in the tendon/ligaments that span the front of the leg and the pelvis, and the very top of the back of my leg where it meets the buttock (hamstring?)

4) I'm doing most of my normal ADL... pacing myself better than I usually would; the notable exceptions being that I vacuumed for the first time today, not too tiring, and I'm not scrubbing my showers etc (restrictions) or doing the "climbing" things like wiping down light fittings! I sit for several hours a day (I work from home), try to break it up as the stiffness is really apparent if I sit for more than an hour or so

5)I'm basically doing NO formal PT; I think I'm moving around enough! and have read enough to doubt its value... I do Stretches, Quads, Hamstrings and Side Abduction, because all those help a bit with the stiffness, I do Step Ups 20 times in a "session" for the same reason, usually once, sometimes twice a day, but as I'm using the steps (3 x single steps) that are part of my floorplan, I don't worry too much about doing them in a block as I probably go up and down them thirty or forty times a day anyway, if I remember I lead with my operated leg so there's more value in it!

I just can't work out how to predict when I'm going to be sore, what triggers it etc, I am stiff in the morning and if I sit for an extended time, but my "usual" accommodations have stopped working, or so it would seem

and... @LaxMom How lovely to hear from you, I know you're "knee deep" in recovery (see what I did there? did ya:loll:) so I appreciate the visit... and your lovely words of course. I'm not too sad, which I'm always on the lookout for with the dreaded Black Dog lurking ever in the background, so that's good. Just at a bit of a loss as to why there'd be good days vs bad days when you don't do anything different... oh, and well and truly bored of the restrictions now to be honest. I'm sure if I have ten days or so of feeling good it will counteract the last ten days or so I've had of feeling so uncomfortable... it's sort of like when you're overdue your baby (both mine were 10 days over, lazy blighters!); you know what you're wishing for is the pain of labour, but in the end you just want the discomfort of pregnancy to be over! Then when you're in labour you just want THAT to be over so you can have your baby.... th-en you have two weeks of sleepless nights and you doubt your decision to have the baby in the first place:rotfl:
The analogy I use to explain the trouble with having the level of restrictions I have is - imagine giving a man an operation to restore his sight, telling him the wonders he will see... then saying, oh but because of your special circumstances you have to have these bandages on for three months, and most of the other guys who had this op today will be able to take their bandages off in a few weeks, they'll be excited and enjoying the wonders they see and you'll just have to believe them when they say the sky is blue; that man would KNOW that one day soon he will see for himself that the sky is indeed blue, but every time he heard it from one of his fellow operatees he would FEEL that it may go grey by the time he got to see it... you KNOW what you KNOW, but unfortunately sometimes what you FEEL makes you doubt that knowledge. Cor, that was all a bit serious wasn't it???? So NOT me:happydance: Don't worry is what I'm saying, I am in pretty good spirits for a little plane in a big holding pattern, so I'll take your hugs and send some back with true affection:loveshwr::roseshwr::loveshwr::roseshwr:
Don't forget if you "kneed" (Look, I did it again:cool:) me I'm here too :flwrysmile:
 
2)Right now pain is less than 1, when it's "bad" like yesterday the stiff/sore/ache/burn reaches 3+ sometimes 4+
okay
3)I'm at 8.5 weeks post op... I'm prescribed nothing, I'm taking Panadol Osteo (Paracetamol 625mg) x2 in the morning, four hourly if I need it (I don't usually) and to go to bed (I do usually). Yesterday it hardly touched the pain.
But you do need it. You certianly don't need anything stronger but taking such a large dose of paracetamol only twice a day is ineffective. Should I take it you didn't read my post throughly?
I was wondering if, in your professional opinion, I would benefit from taking Mobic again as "getting off" the NSAIDs was one reason to HAVE the op. I should use something else
never advise people to take NSAIDS. IMO, they are evil. And I already answered that previously. Take the paracetamol in sensible doses 4 times a day.
4) I'm doing most of my normal ADL... pacing myself better than I usually would; the notable exceptions being that I vacuumed for the first time today, not too tiring, and I'm not scrubbing my showers etc (restrictions) or doing the "climbing" things like wiping down light fittings! I sit for several hours a day (I work from home), try to break it up as the stiffness is really apparent if I sit for more than an hour or so
But you're only 8 weeks out. Pace yourself better!

your exercises - my comments in bold
session usually once, sometimes twice a day - once a day is enough
quad stretches x20 - even once this is too much. Try less.
hamstring stretches x20 - ditto
side abductors x20 - otherwise known as clam shells, the most injurious exercise to be done on a new hip. Stop doing them
step ups x20 - with all your steps these are unnecessary
but as I'm using the steps (3 x single steps) that are part of my floorplan, I don't worry too much about doing them in a block as I probably go up and down them thirty or forty times a day anyway, if I remember I lead with my operated leg so there's more value in it!

Hips actually don't need much exercise to get better. They do a pretty good job of it all on their own if given half a chance. Trouble is, people don't give them a chance and end up with all sorts of aches and pains and sore spots. All they need is the best therapy which is walking and even then not to excess.
 
I always kneed my @craftdee fix! :rofsign:And that is not a knee jerk reaction either.

I do get what you are saying and cannot say I blame you one bit. Loved the blind man analogy.

And, oh, yes, I am now the jealous one! That pool looks so inviting. It is only December 1st and we have snow on the ground and more to come. I am stuck inside fearing I will slip and fall if I go out. So, yes, you made me very jealous. :heehee: Maybe I can collect the USA girls who missed Chris's party and we can all come in our bikinis for a pool party. I did tell you that my hip incision has been declared "thong worth" - dying to show it off. LOL!

:loveshwr::roseshwr::loveshwr::roseshwr::loveshwr: back at you!

Hugs,
Sharon
 
Sorry @Josephine, I did read your post, and appreciated it, I read the part that said to take 1000mg x 4 times daily you didn't say anything at that point about the NSAIDs, but later in that post you asked me (at question 3) what meds I was taking, and the answer I gave was accurate to the time you asked about (I haven't had a chance to try the 4 times a day yet, but will:)) I just wanted you to know I didn't ignore or undervalue your input
I never knew what a "clam shell" was, knew it was bad from reading lots of Bonesmartieness, but we don't call them that here, so I presumed it was some laying down crunching sort of movement... mine are standing stretching the leg to the side and back... if that's a clam shell I will stop forthwith:shocked:
 
Great advice from Josephine @craftdee!!
Yep.... 'Tis true.... You wonder why... One good day.... One bad day????
What did I do???? The answer is.... Who knows.
Take your painkillers... Take it easy ... And keep us giggling!!!!
I'm so jealous of that pool! Xxxx


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
@LaxMom ... is that Thong Worthy butt in the Zipper Gallery yet.... if not, why not??? I wanna see it NOOOOOOW. Well actually I'm off to bed, so I CAN wait until tomorrow to see your glorious thongworthiness:wow:
Night Night, Donna
 
I am in the Zipper Gallery. Take a look. Photo is at 2.5 weeks and it looks a little shadowy. Looks better in person actually. :heehee:

G'night!
 
I presumed it was some laying down crunching sort of movement... mine are standing stretching the leg to the side and back
Oh no so sorry - I misunderstood!

This a clam shell

[Bonesmart.org] Craftdee's Made It Through


And these are abduction exercises

[Bonesmart.org] Craftdee's Made It Through



However, abductions exercises can cause ITB (ilio-tibial band) issues so I suggest you given them a miss for a while.

One thing I also should ask you is if you can you tell me the exact site of your pain using this chart?
Please note the instructions in the smaller image

[Bonesmart.org] Craftdee's Made It Through


[Bonesmart.org] Craftdee's Made It Through
 
@craftdee I love, love, love reading your threads. Keep posting as you're helping me get through my recovery.

I loved your cake, its amazing and your pool looks fab too. I could do with a swim in it..lol..
Which part of OZ are you from? I love OZ a lot. We always visit Brisbane and the GC when we come over. Even thinking of moving there one day..
I'm from Auckland, it was the first day of summer yesterday but you wouldn't think so as we've had an awful spring. Today looks great thou so I am going to sit in the sun for a while.

Hope you have a lovely day :tada:
 
Hi @Josephine Thanks for clearing up the Great Clamshell Mystery :cool:

I think I will stop the abductions for a while anyway as I have got some ITB "issues"... I recognize them from earlier in my recovery and know there's no way of "working through them". I missed my weekly massage on the weekend, my masseuse is excellent (and while I call her names while getting the massage, the relief after is so worthwhile!) and I think that's why I'm feeling that tightness again. The more debilitating pain/throbbing is at L5F straddling C/D and at the back (the "newest" pain/tightness) it's at L2B E/F When both these latest pains are "on" my whole leg feels heavy or tight - not quite Log Leg, but pretty uncomfortable.

I don't know if it has any bearing, but I had worn over a centimetre (half an inch) off my leg length prior to the op but barely limped... maybe "adding" that centimetre back in and trying to accommodate it in my walking has an impact (?) The pain at the front of my leg has been there since Day 1, I mentioned it at my 2 week OS visit and he said I had shortened something by holding my leg slightly flexed for so long to protect the hip (OA described as moderate from ten years ago) It is not as sharp or bad in fact, as it was then but feels more "spreading" now.

I see from you signature you're up for it again in January... in case I get caught up in all the festivities (as if:loll:) I'll wish you all the best now :fingersx:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom