Guest viewing is limited

THR copsham's recovery thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aye Coppers squash was eons ago, 5yrs. Had to stop when I got silly balance problem. Water is brilliant I have always walked in water as it helped with my many sport injuries. As to amount well come on coppers you know if you do one tha wont be able to just leave it there. Trial and error my friend.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Thanks @alexthecat for info re quoting. Could you also tell me the easiest way to find someone's own thread as I do not want to "derail" others in replying? I have been going into the persons profile and looking at threads posted then scrolling down. This is sometimes successful sometimes not. Many thanks
Karen
 
On tapatalk you go to persons profile then it has link threads started by them. Might be similar on other modes

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Off swimming now! Speak later
K.
 
Checking you are ok last saw you were going swimming, so how is France.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Off swimming now! Speak later
K.

Just about to follow by example and will check out the local times for the local swimming pool, have an appointment for physio but have decided on the pool instead.
 
@forbesy
All I can say is swimming is exhausting when there has been a gap. I hadn't been for 11 weeks, last went two days before my op.! So hope you enjoy it. I felt so embarrassed of my scar but of course no one noticed, no one looking etc!

@Legin
I am not in France - must be confusing me with someone else (not something I have done of course LOL) - I think your one cell is getting over active! I am in sunny Buckinghamshire, beautiful sunset tonight. I have had one glass of wine and as per my normal self feel drunk - no hope for me.

I thought I was doing well in my recovery but from a physio assessment today I have found that my ankles are continuing to be really weak, described as hyper mobile (double jointed). This explains why I was finding it so difficult to balance on one leg and then the other! I have been doing various strengthen exercises for the muscles around my ankles and need to continue. Oh well could be worse!!
 
I thought I was doing well in my recovery but from a physio assessment today I have found that my ankles are continuing to be really weak,

That's weird as I have had slight pain in my left ankle which I never had with the two previous ops, I was told to march on the spot to help improve my muscles but found this causes a pain in my left ankle so gave that one up just now.

Billy
 
No just thought swimming that long tha wld be in france. Good wine tho

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Sorry @Legin - missed the joke - I am so serious LOL!!

I am off to pick up my grandson so a lovely weekend expected. I am sore this morning, probably one degree too much activity yesterday.
xx
 
Chortle, re muscles im sure you will build them up

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hi @copsham ... just thought I'd drop in and check out how you're going; and it would seem that would be "the same as most of us" with being keen to "do" then overdoing it by "do"ing just the tiniest bit more than yesterday sort of thing. :shrug: As Legin says, it's definitely Trial and Error... pity about the error side of it tho' :heehee:

We've had the grandchildren here today - two year old twins really find your sore spots :rotfl: I loved having them and it gave their parents the opportunity to do some packing (they have to move out of their home for nine weeks... the plaster on the walls has "failed" so the builder has to remove ALL the plaster and replace it which means emptying all the built in cupboards, storing all their furniture, stripping the carpets out, chipping the plaster off, redoing it, then retiiling the bathrooms, laundry, repainting, reinstalling the carpets, moving the furniture back in:shocked:) Now the builder (or his insurance!) is covering everything except all the packing - they need to do some of that for themselves - particularly of the things they'll need for the duration, but it's still a monumental task and after having the twinnies for the day I see virtually impossible with them about!

I've got to say, there's a reason you don't have your kids in your fifties, I'm just sitting with my laptop and a nice drink (I have to stop at one... or I'll be unconscious, such a lightweight :snork:) - and aching! Hip's not too bad (tight, as usual!) ... it's the rest of me that's aching :loll: My arthritic hip is throbbing, just thought it would remind me it needs doing - it'll have to wait until I have the will for it, and that won't be until the tendinitis is completely sorted, which it isn't.

I have hypermobility too (though not the flexibility it brought when younger!).. my rheumatologist told me it was one of the "markers" I hit when testing for RA/SLE; I hit five of seven principal markers (whatever THAT means, lol) but still haven't been told if that means I have RA or Lupus or not... I'm guessing NOT, and if I have, clearly nothing needs to be done about it so it doesn't matter. I just found it interesting - being double jointed as an indicator of predisposition to RA, especially as some of the other markers were for what my trendy young kids would call "random", seemingly unrelated things, like a rash and a history of kidney stones :what:

Oh dear, can't move... I'm too old for this stuff :flabber: I'll have to go and get my TENS machine to sit on ... it does help with the tendinitis, and then whack it on my lower back, then my right hip, then my upper back then................ :wink:

Donna
 
:swim: Well done on the swimming @copsham. Water exercise is fabulous. I rather think that Legin had visions of you setting off swimming the channel!

Seriously though, the relaxing, calmness of water is so beneficial but most importantly enables us to do exercise we might otherwise struggle with as it supports us totally. Trouble is it's so easy to overdo.

I hope you get to do this regularly. That would be wonderful x
 
Thanks @Nana moon 27
I have been cautious with not swimming too much but just swimming a few lengths, then walking up and down the pool and doing my original hydrotherapy stretches and balances. It is amazingly exhausting.

Hope your break went well - but note you are not sleeping!!
x
 
Hi @craftdee
How did your TENS go? I still have not got my little machine out since op. in a couple of weeks time I am going to go back to my acupuncturist which is great for my feeling of well being!

You are right about why we don't have kids when we are older! I have always thought that when I see in the newspaper about "the oldest mother". I am always exhausted after a day or weekend with my little grandson!

Look after yourself

x
 
Agreed re grandchildren its difficult when we see things contrary to our ideas. When gson first came here I was shocked they gave him crisps, (chips) and sweets for breakfast saying he eomt eat. After a few days of me noisily enjoying breakfast cereal he now joins me in having breakfast cereal every morning to point he goes get bowls etc.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Ooops re thread post as ever coppers I bow to your well thought out recovery, you analyse then set plan in motion. A shining example to us all

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hi Copsham,
Hope you enjoyed your swim (despite being a little exhausted). How many lengths did you swim then? I would also like to build it up slowly - doing a little bit more every time I go, as soon as I'm fit enough to go swimming after the op.

With regard to having children when you'r older versus younger: I don't know whether you get the news about Germany in the UK. There is a 65-year old primary school teacher in Berlin with 12 children. Her youngest wanted a brother or a sister, so this woman went abroad for in-vitro fertilization (they wouldn't do it for her in Germany) and now she is having quadruplets. She is fit and so are the unborn babies. But there is a lot of controversy here in Germany. I have "only" 4 (adult) daughters, and when my youngest was in secondary school, she thought we were old parents (in our 40s then). Would will it be like when that lady's quadruplets are 18?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom