THR copsham's recovery thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @copsham ive just finished reading your thread what an up and down time you have had I hope it sorts it's self out now pic of knot was good I agree with other posts better out than in haha Fiona xxxx
 
I thought I was off the roller coaster but it is not to be (yet).

I had had hydro therapy for the first 6 weeks and this really suited me, ever so gentle stretches and balance exercises. Then in week six ,2 weeks ago I had a physio "on land". I was assessed and given exercises very gently by a sensitive person BUT following that I have not been quite right. Instead of doing 4 exercises ,10 of each , twice a day, as I was so crippled on day 2, I toned this down to 4 exercises 2-3 reps once a day. Oh well seeing the physio tomorrow, conscious of Josephine's clear position that hips do not need much exercise other than walking.

Balance
What I really notice is that my balance is really bad and always has been, but I have not seen the implications of this before. As a child my inner ankles always leaned inwards. Now when I try to balance on one leg and then there other despite two weeks of trying every day, I do not think it has improved. I have started trying to strengthen my ankles but does not seem to be having an effect yet.

Tai Chi for Arthritis
The past couple of days I have done the You Tube free lesson of "Tai Chi for arthritis" by Paul Lam. I have mentioned it before and I do love it. Felt good this morning after it felt as if I could float on a cloud and walk with my head high.

Sleepiness
Following my hip op I was seriously sleepy for a few weeks. I thought it had all gone but yesterday I did an hours drive in to London to meet some friends and on my way back I stopped in a quiet road to make a phone call and suddenly it was an hour later. I had been asleep. Oh well must have needed it but was surprised by this.

Allergies
I have just started taking Grape seed extract to hopefully help my allergies BUT this morning I ate a pear which I have not been sensitive too before and almost mediately my eyes starting itching and it began to feel as if there were a needle in each eye! Oh well something else to avoid.

@Nana moon 27 - no date yet? I wish for you sooner rather than later.

A big thank you to everyone who contributes to Bonesmart. How many times will many of us say " I don't know how we would manage with out Bonesmart"

Karen
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] copsham's recovery thread
    thank-you-facebook-smiley-face.png
    5.9 KB · Views: 243
Hi no date yet. You watch, the start of the caravan season they'll say "we have a cancellation" or while I'm away Easter. I'd still come home for it xx

I'm glad you pulled up and slept. That was a wise move x I'm sort the grape seed didn't work for you x x x

(((Hugs))) love Ann xxx
 
When will I stop being obsessed with hip(s)? I came to an exhibition Conflict, Time, Photography this afternoon. I had to sit down frequently to rest my hip. I found myself staring a photo of skeletons of war casualties but instead of thinking about the enormity of it all, I was looking at their hips for signs of decay. Can't be more crazy than that?
 
Can anyone help me. I want to make/return contact with Caroline2. Is anyone in touch with her as she seems to have been deleted from the Bonesmart system????
 
Hello @copsham I'm sorry I don't have any information re Caroline2 -- I did read some of her post, though, and found them interesting. I hope you find her.

I wanted to let you know that you helped me out on how to care for my incision by detailing your experience. My incision was healing nicely -- it was glued on the outside with internal stitches. My PCP told me not to touch it. She suggested a nonfragrance soap ( I used Dove NonFragrance for Sensitive Skin) and to wash above and below the incision and then do lots of rinsing and let the water flow gently over the incision. No aiming the hand held shower directly over the incision. So, that's what I did and all was well. At about the 5 week mark I started wondering if I could use lotion or oil on the incision. I asked the question here on BoneSmart and the majority answer was that it wasn't necessary. I was still thinking about doing it because the adjacent skin seemed so dry.
Then I saw your thread and decided that I would just leave well enough alone. Oddly enough yesterday I was organizing my hospital discharge instructions and came across "Care of Your Incision" which said not to put any lotion or oil on the incision. I must have overlooked that in my groggy state or maybe it just didn't make an impression on me. But, your story really spoke to me. Thank you for making me stop and think.

On another topic, tell me more about your Tai Chi for Arthritis. I'm a big fan of Paul Lam and practiced his 24 Forms before my hips gave out. I have the CD for Tai Chi for Arthritis but I haven't tried it yet. Do you stand or sit? If you stand then do you have to modify the foot work? Tai Chi really helped my balance and it strengthened my legs even though I never did the low stance form-- always high stance for me!
 
Can anyone help me. I want to make/return contact with Caroline2. Is anyone in touch with her as she seems to have been deleted from the Bonesmart system????
No one is ever "deleted from the BoneSmart system." People come and go for all sorts of reasons on a public forum.
 
Thanks for your reply - I just thought it strange that I could no longer click on her profile(?) after her contacting me.
Regards
Karen
 
Hello Holly B,

Thanks for your comment about our incisions. it is hard at times to know exactly what to do, so glad to have been of help.

I have been going to the T'ai Chi for Arthritis class since Sept 2014. It is so gentle as you know. Pre op I did as much as I could and then sat down. Post op I can do about 45 mins of a one hour class and then sit down. The good thing about the class is that everyone has some limitation and it is so non judgemental. I would love to experience a class run by Paul Lam.

Good luck with your on going healing - time goes so quickly - one minute a newbie and before you know it an old sage!

Karen x
 
Chortles at sage im more weeeeedm

Legin THR Sep 14
 
When I wrote he word "sage" I was definitely thinking of you. You have had such a lot of experience both related to hips/feet and also people in general. So don't hide under a bushel - what ever that is!
 
I think its a measurement. Could be wrong often am. Im just a sponge of silly info picked up. Flobberloblob - flowerpot man if not weed

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Saw this and thought of you @Legin. Lets hope that Lyrica (?) kicks in!
 
When I read this @copsham
one minute a newbie and before you know it an old sage!
I thought how right you are... we all are all "experts" - by definition! being people who have EXPERienced this! However, I would like less of the "old" thanks very much :rotfl: Mind you as soon as I wrote 'expert' I thought of a joke from long ago.... "What's the definition of an expert? A cross between an egg and a drip under pressure (egg and spurt) d'ya get it?? d'ya??:heehee:
 
Thanks for your reply - I just thought it strange that I could no longer click on her profile(?) after her contacting me.
Regards
Karen
Try typing her username into the MemberList tab screen and you'll find her account is still there.
 
Hey coppers hope you get to see eclipse. Friend just text me several people are at the nearby standing stones to watch it. Not sure where you are exactly but see if you can see the dolphins in the estuary.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Synchronicity again! Last night I was looking up dolphins as a substitute for eclipse . We are in Inverness was going to go further north but the forecaste gives a potential break in the clouds round here also moray firth alongside us. Can see half an inch of blue sky fingers crossed !! We see heading for black island now. All I know is that I would not be here now if not for the op. X
 
Good for you pal. Now out of ma head its v v scarey in there and echos are annoying. Have a brilliant time, its beautiful further up I used to go to Tain everyyear to do a champagne evening

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Clouds just gone might see it after all

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom