Guest viewing is limited

Complex THR on 20 Feb!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Selin, very normal for other areas of the body to complain at this stage. You are walking all wrong trying to stay off that sore hip. In most cases these things calm down post-op. Please don't worry.

All the best on Wednesday. We will be with you in spirit and look forward to your updates from the other side!
 
[Bonesmart.org] Complex THR on 20 Feb!
@Vida
Hi Vicki
Is this the type of knee brace that you've used? I have more simple stuff at home.
I'll check with the surgeon this week. But ı ve been putting ice pack which did help a bit.
thanks for the tip
I am impressed with your turkish by the way, yes it is correct! '' iyi geceler'' means good night.
 
ukisgr8
Thank you dear.
We all have incredible stories. I'm sure your story is a great one too.
Although we may be down from time to time, it is so important not to give up in life, isn't it?
Although we are all different in nature, it is so amazing to realize how much we have in common...
6th of March, your op day, is the day of my daughter's birthday, thus it will be a smooth and lucky day, trust me.
all the best
selin
 
clifford149, Stephanie,

Hi buddies. Tomorrow, the 20th is the our day for the 3 of us!
Since we are more or less in the same time zone (+ 2 GMT for me) we will be on the OTHER side-the good side- at the same time period.
Well, lets hope it will be a smooth day with sucessfull outcomes for all of us!
Cheers,
selin
 
octopus
Hi Diane,
Thanks for thinking of me, very kind of you.
I hope they fix your date in the earliest.
Looking forward to catch up on the other side.
cheers,
selin
 
Jaycey
thank you Jaycey for your relieving comments.
ı already feel the spirits of all the hippies are with me.
many thanks
 
Thinking of you today Selin......sending positive vibes across the miles.

Annxxx
 
Selin, almost there woman!! Sending good vibes and warm thoughts your way!! Can't wait to see you on the "other side"!
 
Jaycey, Poppet or Josephine
Quick question to you about ice application during the hospital:
- How long should I be applying the ice packs on my hip while at the hospital? Should it be like 15 min every 3-4 hours?
- Should I start ice pack application immediately after the surgery? (in case it has not been applied)
- Should I apply it on my hip laterally, anterior and as well extend it towards the knee?

I am less than 24 hours away now and want to control things that I can :-)
 
ukisgr8
Thank you dear.
We all have incredible stories. I'm sure your story is a great one too.
Although we may be down from time to time, it is so important not to give up in life, isn't it?
Although we are all different in nature, it is so amazing to realize how much we have in common...
6th of March, your op day, is the day of my daughter's birthday, thus it will be a smooth and lucky day, trust me.
all the best
selin

Thank you so much and good luck to you as well. you will do great but to be safe, prayers will go out for you
 
Selin, Good Luck tommorrow. I will be thinking of you and keeping my fingers crossed that you stay in the 80% category. anIforward to seeing you on the other side.

I put the ice on the whole front to side of my hip, going into the knee, as I also had the very large ice packs. They are GREAT. There is no set time to put them on, so do it when you can, as you heal, you will be able to tell when you need the ice.

The hospital bed worked very nicely for me also. I am fortunate that my insurance plans, pays for it. It took off the pressure of low beds, sleeping with hubby who is one who tosses and turns in bed and allowed me a comfortable place to recover.
 
Selin, what time is it now in Turkey and what time is your surgery tomorrow?
 
Prayers sent your way for tomorrow Selin. See you on the other side! —Susan
 
Thanks to all of you for your best wishes and prayers.

The OS told me to be in at 6:00 in the morning. İ just got into the hospital from the night before. They did accept, its just 1 night hotel fee that i will pay from my pocket but i believe it will help me to get in the mood and relax. All the preop stuff is finished now, opening the blood way, medication checks etc. Which took more than an hour. İ am glad i did not get into the hassle early in the morning just before the op. İts difficult to wake up after taking xanax, the anxiolytic sleeping aid.
The best part of it was, İ was able to meet with the nurses in the ortho ward, ask about the protocol of pain management icluding the ice application. İ am very much relieved with the content of the answers as well as the attitude. Lets knock on the wood they say...
So, its now 23:00 hours, 19th here in istanbul, ( +2 GMT or + 7 EST) and i assume i will be in the operation room at 8:00 in the morning...
Thanks for all of your precious support!
See you on the other side
Selin
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom