Guest viewing is limited

Revision THR Complex surgery with revisions, infection, sepsis, and more…

Thank you all! I get up every 2 hours pretty much on the button so I keep the TV on the True Crime Network as a night light and I'm sure some of it bleeds into my dreams. I've tried other channels but the voices get loud, lively and I can't sleep to all that, but the voices in these murder shows are always subdued and on an even keel as they describe the horrible acts humans perpetrate on other humans. I find it calming. Sometimes I mute the TV and put the captioning on so when I finally do fall asleep it's quiet but that wasn't last night! Val wanted out around 3am and I saw lightening, as soon as I closed the door BOOM! Thunder shook the house and Val flew across the room into the bed! Lol.

In all my ramblings I don't think I mentioned this yet....if I did I apologize.
Every year I get a questionnaire on the anniversary of my primary ( the first one?) THA. Last week was already the 7th anniversary, it was just before my 5th year when my hip disintegrated. I tried but couldn't return to my original surgeon because of the Medicare plan I signed onto but I said I would pay out of pocket for him to give me a second opinion which was just a big fiasco.
The questionnaire asks about lots of stuff, and if you've had more surgeries they are only interested in how the hip felt last week. The best part is you get lots of room for personal comments. Tee hee.
I was very respectful but I am definitely not the same person with the same feelings about joint replacement surgery as I was 7 years ago and my answers showed that. One question asked if I was satisfied with how my hip has turned out and my reply was if I had known that in 5 years I'd be an invalid I would have started running. I always had hope I'd be back to normal again....I had to believe it if I wanted to get thru this insanity. When another dr finally told me I needed another surgeon who knew what to do, who knew how to treat me, I knew that letting that surgeon continue to cut on me was a lost cause.

I guess they put all the replies to the questionnaire in a pile and stash them somewhere because they've never reply to me. I'm sure they won't reply now after I mentioned how I will never trust or believe anything a healthcare worker ever tells me again. Lol. But I wanted them to understand what this 'wonderful' surgery has done to my life. I wanted them to know I have been angry, depressed and in lots of pain for way too long....
Uh-oh....I better stop now, lol. Love you guys.
 
You've said it well in these questinnaires, and directly without beating about the bush. Good for you @danelady.

I've heard in the news - that was on even on German TV - that Punxsutawney Phil the groundhog forecast an early spring. It's already early spring here in the Rhine-Main area, very mild weather.

With Happy Groundhog Day, I was actually referring to the event in Punxsutawney, not the movie "Groundhog Day" . However, I actually think it's a good film, hilarious. I watched it in the original back in the 90s. I think watching films in the original is good for foreigner's English listening skills.

And when I taught English to trainees at my old employer, I watched the film together with my trainees in the conference room during and English lesson.

I wish you a continued good recovery.

Constanze
 
Oh no!!! Feel better soon!
 
Ugh! I am so sorry, danelady. Get lots of rest and feel better soon. :console2:
@danelady
 
It's cold & flu season for sure. Fluids & rest a bit, some green tea with honey seems to soothe me as well as chicken soup. If I was there I'd make you a pot, I have excellent recipe for a 30 minute chicken soup that's delicious!
My partner started with head cold couple weeks ago just before we were heading on vacation...grrrr....
He babysits his grandkids on Tuesdays so his daughter can work & they always have snotty noses.
I made him nice pot of chicken soup, Advil cold & sinus, told him to take hot shower & get on the couch. I'm going on vacation!
By day we were leaving he was feeling better & he's now fully recovered & I didn't get it. thank goodness.
Nice to hear from you danelady, we love you!
 
Chicken soup! Yum Yum. Sounds perfect!
Scotch? Don't have to tell me twice, lol.

Ok, next disaster....
Two nights ago I woke up needing to relieve myself in a hurry. I always glance at the clock on my way in. Well, long story short...I sat down too fast causing the seat to slide causing my body to somehow slide off the seat into the small space between the tub and toilet where I lay for the next 7 hours screaming for help. Yup, only me. This could only happen to me. Luckily I landed on my good hip but I seem to have cracked a rib, it clicks when I breathe and also when I cough and I'm still coughing from the cold.

I tried wetting a bar of soap to get my chest slippery but that didn't work. I even nodded off a few times from exhaustion. Finally I noticed a tube of conditioner and smeared that stuff. Viola! I was out but still on my back. Val stay next to me whining thru the 7 hours but when she saw me out she started doing a tap dance letting me know she needed out NOW! I slid on ny back to the door so she could go out, then I slid to my phone next to my bed to call Tammie to help me get back in bed. She's been sending me dinner and checking up on me. I never use all my painpills, I never need them but I know what I'm like so I save them.. just in case, lol. Right now my bad hip is the ONLY thing that doesn't hurt, lol.
Well, I need to take a little more cough surup...OWW! Coughing hurts so bad!
Hope you are all well. Xxxooo
 
Last edited:
Hi, I hope you're feeling better, danelady. At least a little better? :console2:
Sending hugs and best wishes.
 
@Layla
Um....I had to edit my post, read it. It did not get better but it did get more exciting, lol.
 
My goodness! You certainly did edit that post after I responded. I had to remove my "like" reaction after reading of that mishap. I am so sorry that you slid and were stuck for so many hours, heartbreaking to think of you in that position and sweet dedicated, Val, remaining by your side the entire time!
Tammie sounds like a godsend. Thankfully you have her to check on you and make sure you have food. I am so sorry you're still ill and hurting. A prayer going up. :prayer:Praying you feel better soon.
@danelady
 
Praying that you are feeling better and are on the mend. I am so glad Val was there for you!
 
OMG That's terrible!! I'm so glad your hip is ok!!!!
New rule for all us BoneSmarties: cell phone on our persons at all times, please (reaching for mine).
 
Cracked ribs hurt so much. When I broke mine I thought I was having a heart attack.:yikes:

You might need the saved up pain pills for your rib pain. I was on Oxycodone for weeks.... it was so bad.:shocked::flabber:

I really hope you have a peaceful week. Val is the best:kittykiss:
 
@Goma
Oh Goma, I never cracked a rib before and yes it is PAINFUL!! I definitely need those painpills now. How long does it take for a rib to heal because it doesn't feel even a teensy bit better. I just learned a hard lesson....do NOT try and lay on the cracked rib side. YEOW! Thank you all from the bottom of my heart. I have to start keeping my phone right next to me AT ALL TIMES!
Sheesh, I swear I drove a truck way, way better than this. Thank you dearest Layla, and everyone else. Val says hi, too. :puppysmooze:
 
Considering my age...about 3 months for me to be fully healed. I didn't bandage or have a sling. Breathing hurt so as weeks went by the more I could expand my lungs with deep breaths the more I could feel I was healing.

The young ones around 4 to 6 weeks but clearly not me.

Just nurse your side and stay off it, be gentle as there's nothing you can do but let nature take it's course. Breathe deeply and take pain pills as needed. I found it extremely painful.

Go easy:puppysmooze:
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom