Revision THR Complex hip- MİSSİON ACCOMPLİSHED!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats Selin sounds like your surgery was successful.
 
Congratulations Selin, what wonderful reports! It sounds like your recovery is off to a great start. :flwrysmile:

Best wishes
Diane
 
Sounds like you are doing very well! The dizzy and faint feeling is very normal. Happens very often but things will get much better very quickly. Hopeyou are getting some much needed rest!
 
Hello hippies,
Here is my post op day 1 report.
Well, to be frank it was more difficult but as i expected and it is managable.
Yesterday, the day of the operation, İ had the PCA pump, life was beautiful. İ was in the clouds, no pain nothing.
Today was the transition day, back to life, kind of adaptation. Thus it was more difficult than yesterday, yet managable.
All the" cables " are taken out, the Pca, the catheter on my back (did not feel at all and my pain treshold is very low), the sonda (urine discharge stuff). Pain was managed by iv medication and ice packs were diligently applied by the staff. Physiotherapy kind of pushed me to my limits but its ok. The only problem i had was the low blood pressure when i was trying to walk, and the sensation ofpassing out. Apparently it was because of the drop of my hemoglobin level after surgery. İt happened 15 years ago in my other hip replacement and İ was much younger and now as well, thus not a surprise. İts probably the nature of your body...Thus i was given 1 unit of blood, and am back to normal in a couple of hours !!! My blood pressure returned to normal level and i was able to walk through the corridor the first time without feeling of passing out.
İt is a positive cycle, the more you walk (slowly and surely) like 5 min every 2-4 hours the better you feel the progress in your hip muscles, stiffness and soreness goes away.
Tomorrow, will continue with my progress.
The OS intends to discharge me on saturday, post op day 3. Lets wait and see.
 
Congratulations Selin,
The hard part is over. Easy does it
 
Brilliant stuff Selin, great to hear you are doing just fine. :) Pleased the dizziness is sorted out now.

Take care

Ann.x.
 
Glad to see you're on the other side. The worst is over! Day 3 is usually better than day 2, as you know. It's only going to get better and better, and you deserve it!

Happy Healing!

HH
 
Selin, each day sees a new milestone achieved... one foot in front of the other (sorry about the pun) :)
 
Sounds like you are progressing well Selin. If I have a post op pain of 5, I'd be very pleased, since most days it spikes to 9 or 10. I think they told me that I would only be on the pump 1 day. If I hurt too much without it, I'll let them know about it. I'm impressed you went world-wide to consult with surgeons about your complicated case. You chose well and he was in your city, right? You know what I've been noticing, I haven't heard of any female orthopaedic surgeons. Have you in all your consults. Just a curious observation.
 
When you sleep during the day, you wake up at night. İts 4:00 in the morning, about to be post op day 2.
General condition is much better.
Pain is under control, around level 3 from time to time.
Soreness on the gluteus muscle fades away with walking and some basic exercises in the bed.
 
İ have a quick question to those who've gone through.

Yesterday(post op day1) the physiotherapist wanted to show and apply on me how to turn on your side on the bed woith a pillow between your legs. Well i knew th application but İ did not want to do that as i did not feel myself ready for it. Kind of anxiety of the risk of dislocation...
İn my other THR 15 years ago, which was a simpler one, i had limitation not to turn on your side for a couple of weeks, like 4 or 6...
Thus, for those who have gone through it, any feedback?
 
I just did the a few days ago and I didn't like it one bit. The put a row of pillows behind be and still didn't work. So now I try at home with my own pillows, I "fell"" off of two pillows and it scared me!! So I don't do it. I love sleeping on my side and have been getting restless want to be on my side. Don't do it until you are ready!!
 
I like to sleep on my side and had them roll me to the side in the hospital. It felt so good to not be on my back the whole time. I use one pillow between my knees. I mastered the rolling pretty quickly as I am not a good back sleeper. At the beginning I put a body pillow by my back for extra support, now I don't need to do that, but I still must use the pillow between the knees.
 
Puddin Try putting a king size pillow between your legs. Because it fits from groin to foot, it does not put pressure on your hip and is wide enough to prevent you from crossing mid line. If you need to feel more secure and prevent a roll, place a regular pillow in front of your stomach. I could not get comfortable on my side using single pillows. I have not once rolled off in 12 Weeks. Now I like it! Walmart sells thin, super cheap king size pillows. You don't want anything too stuffed.
 
Selin, congratulations!!! You are doing so well. I agree with the folks who are telling you not to do anything you're not ready for. Your initial idea to "listen to your body" is the best approach. You will instinctively know when the time is right to try something new.
 
Hi Selin, Jamie is so right - if you aren't comfortable don't do it. I had to sleep on my back for the first 6 weeks. The risk of that leg dropping to the bed while you are asleep is a real one. I guess pillows would help but it's a very short time to make sure things heal correctly.

Mind you - it would take alot to dislocate. Please don't get concerned about that. If you follow any restrictions you are given you should be fine!
 
Puddin Try putting a king size pillow between your legs. Because it fits from groin to foot, it does not put pressure on your hip and is wide enough to prevent you from crossing mid line. If you need to feel more secure and prevent a roll, place a regular pillow in front of your stomach. I could not get comfortable on my side using single pillows. I have not once rolled off in 12 Weeks. Now I like it! Walmart sells thin, super cheap king size pillows. You don't want anything too stuffed.

I have tried but there also seems to be some "pressure" at the site. So I put my ice on it and it seems like someone set a box on me! I love my side, but I will try again in a week. Hopefully it's better, my arms thinks its time to sleep when I lay on my back.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom