Firebrand,
sandybeach,
octopus
Hi Ladies,
I am fine. My new hip is doing just great, I am very happy with it.
My 2nd check up, at 12 weeks, a couple of weeks ago, went very well. The surgeon was very pleased with the placement of the hardware. I had a control Xray for the first time after the operation. They (the surgeon, professor and his young resident) nearly forgot to see me as the xray was sent on line from the radiology dept to their screen before I was back. They were very technical! The young assistant said the bone ''embraced'' the prostheses pretty well. What a terminology! That was important as my femur was kind of C curved, deformed from previous surgeries. Any way, no pain any more.
I ve been swimming since post op 5 weeks and this helped my muscles very much. The surgeon was happy with my abductor muscles.
Now, my other issue is that I have some pain on my other knee which started a year before this last operation. The pain disseaped by 50% since the operation but it is still there if I take the stairs, or walk a slightly hilly road etc. Istanbul is kind of like San Francisco, hilly...Thus if I dont feel myself strong enough on my other hip or knee or if I m going to walk a distance in public, I take my folded cane with me, but use it on my other side
Problems never disseaper but you learn to live with them and manage ...
How about you girls?
Cheers from chaotic Istanbul
Selin