Carmencita
member
- Joined
- Jan 1, 2021
- Messages
- 137
- Age
- 66
- Gender
- Female
- Country
United Kingdom
Hi @Cococay
l’ve been following your thread for some time and was so sorry to hear about the postponement of your op and also the loss of your friend. It must be awful to mentally prepare then it gets cancelled at the last minute-the build up is so scary isn’t it? I’m trying to psyche myself up ready for my surgery, I’ve been on this site for a while but only just signed up. You are so supportive of many others here, so I thought I’d say “hi and good luck”
Anyway, I’m pleased to hear you are re-scheduled, I am having TRKR on 18th Jan and I’m petrified! Hopefully we can rehab and recover together!
l’ve been following your thread for some time and was so sorry to hear about the postponement of your op and also the loss of your friend. It must be awful to mentally prepare then it gets cancelled at the last minute-the build up is so scary isn’t it? I’m trying to psyche myself up ready for my surgery, I’ve been on this site for a while but only just signed up. You are so supportive of many others here, so I thought I’d say “hi and good luck”
Anyway, I’m pleased to hear you are re-scheduled, I am having TRKR on 18th Jan and I’m petrified! Hopefully we can rehab and recover together!
Could you get a letter from your surgeon (ask his nurse or assistant) spelling out the recommendations for after surgery time line re returning to work full time, part time and working from home (if possible)? I would hazard a guess that surgeon's office has had many similar requests. Some thing to give your boss that would help boss know how to deal with things while you are out? From what you've written it sounds to me like your boss wants to be supportive but truly does not know what the realities of post knee replacement are.
