Guest viewing is limited

TKR Cococay in pre-op

It was postponed! I’m so upset I can’t even tell you. They can’t give me any info except the surgeon review board met and decided they need to postpone scheduled surgeries -AKA elective- overnight stay surgery but are taking it day by day! I asked ok- so does it mean delayed days- weeks- months? They can’t say. I had started quarantine at home and before doing test I got the call.
it’s been rough. One of my friends-I hired her and worked with her and she got promoted and we became friends- she is 34. Had pneumonia and same day my surgery was canceled I was informed she went to ER then transferred to ICUo and put on ventilator- but that night seemed to be improving- but passed away the next day (Saturday). Sorry I know we are not to deviate from purpose here.

anyway I’ve been working at home waiting to hear Back from my dr’s surgery coordinator- and sitting In a folding chair made me more stiff but today I got this severe pain back of my knee- well back of my leg behind my knee- not the knee I’m having replaced (although both are bone on bone but right knee hasn’t bugged me much) and it’s so bad I can barely stand- it hurts horrible to bend it or lift it as well. So walking is fun and I don’t have a clue how I will make it to work with my bad knee and now this tomorrow. I need some reassurance though. I of course have been on google and it says strain or baker cyst or blood clot. So now I’m pretty scared- so I’m hoping for reassurance-hoping others have had similar to know if I can stop worrying.
I have sciatica on that side -suspected from limping and wearing brace on left knee- if any of you have experience with similar I’m all ears.
I was on here off and on all day every day but I’ve been so upset with everything I haven’t been since last Friday.
sorry I was so all over the place. I’m trying to type fast on my phone and my mind is going faster then my fingers can type. And I need to be up in 5 hours but my mind won’t shut down after reading all the what if’s..... argh...
I miss you all-and am anxious to read updates on everyone.
 
I'm so sorry your surgery was postponed. I know what that feels like; my revision a couple of years ago was postponed for a few months due to an injury my surgeon suffered and had to have repaired. Plus, my recent surgery had to wait about a year due to us moving to a new home; then when I was supposed to get it scheduled for last spring, everything shut down. I was also worried this one would be postponed, but this time I was able to get it done.


I'm sorry you lost your friend.

Here's my advice.................First, stop asking google to diagnose your pain-all it will do is scare you with multiple wrong diagnoses. Then, if the pain persists, message your doctor to be safe. In the meantime rest that knee as much as possible, and maybe try icing it. Just remember to keep a cloth between your skin and the ice. When you have bone-on-bone and/or painful knees, sitting in chairs can really hurt, so avoid doing so for at least a while.

I went into my kitchen this evening and sat down in a chair; what a mistake that was. After a minute or so I was in a lot of pain and could not stand back up. My husband had to help me up, and it hurt like :censored: to do so. Although for different reasons, chairs seem not to be friends to either of us right now.

I hope your surgery gets rescheduled soon-it's no fun to be in pain and not be able to get it fixed.
 
Hi Thinking of you and hope that you are doing well!
 
I'm so sorry your surgery was postponed. That's hard, after you'd got so close. :console2:

Please let us know when you get a new date and I will alter your signature then.
 
Oh, my dear! That sucks so badly! I was glad I got mine done when I did - I was really afraid that I would get postponed, too.

We're here for you. Vent all you want to!

Sending virtual hugs!
 
I’m so sorry about your surgery and your friend. :console2:I noticed you hadn’t been on here for several days, after being here a lot and wondered if you were ok. We are here for you.
 
So the back of my “good” knee- the pain has remained consistent and severe. It radiates down my calf and up the back of my thigh a little. When I press back there I feel a slight bulge. But I can’t tell if I’m willing it to be there or it really is. If I press it -it hurts. I used an ice pack and a heating pad last night. Ice helped a little. Nothing else has. So I have question and a questionable theory.
1. if it is my worse fear- blood clot- will ice make it more likely to lodge off and travel dangerously?
2. I normally take 800 of ibuprofen every 3-4 hours round the clock except overnight maybe only take once. I know it’s to much. The drs always tell me to stop. I’ve done for years and I need to slow it down cuz I have stomach problems. My question isn’t that though- before my surgery was postponed I was told no nsaids for a week so I somehow went a couple days without- - is it possible that without it for couple days after so much before that my blood wasn’t as thinned and that somehow contributed to inflammation and fluid behind my knee- or is that not even make sense?
This is a pain I’m not used to and hard to manage where my knee I’m doing the 1st replacement on hurts only with weight usually and just won’t hold when I walk.
i feel like I could handle it better if I wasn’t so worried....
 
Oh Cococay I’m so sorry! I feel for you! Sending big hugs!
 
I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your friend.

And having your surgery postponed when you are in pain and ready to get it done is awful. You've made all your plans and arrangements and decisions ... and then it all stalls with no specific date for it to start up again so you are wondering about resuming pain meds etc. Mine was postponed for the March covid shutdowns and while it seemed like a lot of time while I was waiting, it doesn't seem so long from the other side. I'm hoping that since you were next up you'll be out first in line when they resume. Take care.
 
Hello @Cococay
I’m so sorry for the loss of your friend and the postponement of your surgery. Dealing with grief, physical pain and the anxiety over when your surgery may be re-scheduled is a lot to bear. My heart goes out to you. I hope icing the back of your knee helps ease the pain.
Sending a hug with wishes for your comfort and peace of mind.
 
I’m so sorry to hear about the passing of your friend. I’m also sorry to hear your surgery was postponed.
 
Cococay, that is terrible news about your young friend passing away so suddenly- life sure is not fair sometimes- I am so sorry for you and her family.
weirdly, a month before my right TKR, I went to get out of bed and my “good”
left knee gave out when I went to stand on it - I was in the worst pain that I have ever had and could not even put weight on it - my phone was in the other room, and I was home alone, it was the most helpless feeling -I think it was from limping so much and using that leg so much more- it hurt for days and it eventually got better, but I realized both of my knees were shot and had the 2nd knee done 4 months later- I feel your pain , my 2nd surgery was also cancelled because of Covid for an extra month- sooooo frustrating- hang in there, better days ahead,
 
Hi everyone- I haven’t been on much since my surgery was postponed- so belated merry Christmas and happy new year !
I finally-(after waiting a week after my messsge to coordinator and then called again and left message-and after about 2 weeks from being postponed finally got a call back) so I ask if there’s a “to date “postponed to...... she said well I had to start rescheduling in order from December 1st and I have not gotten through to everyone yet—- I interrupt to say- oh they are allowing surgery again-?? she said well Cary-you won’t believe this but you were scheduled December 15th- we were hearing day by day- and those scheduled December 17th—they allowed! So basically of the surgeries my orthopedic surgery clinic had patients scheduled- the next day after mine they had patients was December 17th ——so pretty much- the day mine was 12/15- — was the last day they postponed.
she said she felt so bad and even though she hadn’t got to me yet she could put me on the schedule if I can take January 19th. I said -absolutely- I take it! So- I guess being postponed a month was better then expected. I have to redo my preop and they want my BMI down a bit-but the surgeon thinks with all my edema I’d probably lose quite a bit in water if I start a diuretic-I was given furosemide actually a while ago but was scared to start it. So my new preop is the 6th and I’m gonna ask about it.
anyway I really missed you guys on here-and I thought a lot about some of you.
 
Last edited:
@Cococay Well done for getting rescheduled. That's not bad - only a month delay. Let us know how your pre-op goes.

Happy New Year!
 
I had my dates wrong. I guess thinking about the December 15th was scheduled- then hearing December 17th people were not postponed- etc. sorry. Can my signature be updated? (Sorry) it’s Rescheduled for January 19th 2021. (Not 17th).
 
All fixed and I have asked that you be added to the January team thread.
 
Great news! Only a couple weeks to go now. Good luck with your pre-op. Will be following your journey.
Happy New Year! It should be a good one for you. :)
@Cococay
 
Good news!! I’ve been thinking about you! I’m so glad you got a new date - 2weeks out now!Blessings
 
Back
Top Bottom